Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 787081 times)

Chimpanzee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Invasion of the Body Snatchers! (Deathgate II)
« Reply #735 on: April 08, 2013, 08:31:53 am »

Malachite 2, 225

Just as I guessed. A craft. Who needs crafts?

Malachite 11, 225
Finally we got started with assembling ballista arrows made of bronze. (I'm saving all steel for our military)

Malachite 21, 225
"It seems that we are not getting migrants this season". I've heard Puff shout at our fort gate.
This might be both good and bad. Good, because we have enough dwarven booze sponges already. Bad, because there are over 9000 hauling jobs to be
done here.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Malachite 25, 225
Well, time to sacrifice some goblins. I've ordered the military squads stationed there in case anygoblin gets out of control.

Kneel in our new Temple, filled with bucket splinters goblin blood and body parts.

Galena 10, 225
My focus is currently on the arena and the finishing touch of the ballista battery.
I've ordered some iron corkscrews and pipe section.
The voidspawn entrance tunnel is almost ready, stretching as high as the mine.
I have a secret plan for adding something large near the arena, and having someone activate it ONLY if the hellspawn win. That won't be revealed
to anyone other than myself before I'll be ready to pass the torch to the next bodythief.

Galena 12, 225
I've had designations for voidspawn tunnels reaching the surface, then...

The adrenaline rush was much greater than in the previous goblin ambush. Seems the longer I play, the more the goblins are.
Well... let's see them...

Holy fuck!
More GCS web on the cage traps please. WE ARE ATTACKED BY VOIDSPAWN ONCE AGAIN!
Time to get ready for battle, get all civilians underground!
Civilian alert set as active, All military stationed. Now I just hope we can get our hands on the ballistae.
I've included the ballistae in the safe-zone burrow. Now I hope I can get my hand on one or more siege operators.

To be continued...

Now, for the current fort state:
Here's a screenshot of the ground level, including ballista batteries, a giant boar guard post and a wooden wall stinking with abyssal taint.
Spoiler: Just click to see it (click to show/hide)

May the Voidspawn forever be stunned by our spike traps, caged and delivered to the arena. My bad, voidspawn can't even be stunned! I can
imagine how we'll bring hellspawn there, just sacrifice some useless peasant in the adamantine spire, but voidspawn? Getting just ONE voidspawn
there is gonna be harder than getting those 100 war dogs in. All of them.
"I am a Legandary Weaver! Nobody handles cloth like me"
"Yeah, that's great. Hey, are you done? If so, we need to smelt this ten thousand large load of hematite. I'll see you next month."
"WHAT AN OUTRAGE! I AM A LIVING LEGEND! I SHOULD BE WEAVING"
"That's nice. Tell you what, pretend you are weaving metal out of this ore. Now get to work."

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: April 08, 2013, 08:40:38 am »

let me add some music for this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EviiD3--iU

My bad, voidspawn can't even be stunned! I can  imagine how we'll bring hellspawn there, just sacrifice some useless peasant in the adamantine spire, but voidspawn? Getting just ONE voidspawn
there is gonna be harder than getting those 100 war dogs in. All of them.
With just chaining some spare dogs at the arena, and opening the access
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 08:44:12 am by peregarrett »
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: April 08, 2013, 02:41:44 pm »

Yeah, if the voidspawn arena is rigged to seal after them somehow or to otherwise seal them in (which should be doable somehow), you could theoretically just have a civvie, maybe one with a bunch of pets, walk in there and play with his lever until the doomhorde finds him. At that point it just becomes a matter of letting in the demons, then opening a path between the two arenas using a mechanism that won't get smashed by the voidspawn while they wait.

I think. I've NEVER tried to actually implement something like this, and shudder at the thought of trying to do it with a voidspawn siege actually present and accounted for.

Oh gods above we don't even have trained operators yet, do we? We should set up a catapult battery for training purposes and crosstrain a few dozen civvies for that. I bet you could implement a cool diamond-shaped battery that could bear in any direction to add weight of fire and to pump up civvie operation experience.

Also, oh god oh god oh god voidspawn siege this is gonna rock so hard please feed them all the puppies
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: April 08, 2013, 03:14:25 pm »

And thus, Puff puts on his bravest face, trousers wet, ready to battle, weapon in hand.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: April 08, 2013, 03:55:19 pm »

You...the farm patch...the rum!  :o What have you done with my beautiful rum distillery?

Plump helmets?

Peasant food?

You monster!  :'( YOU HAVE DEFILED THE HOLINESS OF THE RUM DISTILLERY WITH FOUL MUSHROOMS!

You don't deserve to rule in Murdermachines! Someone, open the gates! Let the Spawn dispose of this pretender.
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: April 08, 2013, 08:14:30 pm »

Fuck yes.  The voidspawn cometh.

I'll find fitting music later.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Chimpanzee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: April 09, 2013, 12:25:17 am »

You...the farm patch...the rum!  :o What have you done with my beautiful rum distillery?

Plump helmets?

Peasant food?

You monster!  :'( YOU HAVE DEFILED THE HOLINESS OF THE RUM DISTILLERY WITH FOUL MUSHROOMS!

You don't deserve to rule in Murdermachines! Someone, open the gates! Let the Spawn dispose of this pretender.
You misunderstand. We have zero plans to brew those mushrooms into "dwarven" wine. We need FOOD! FOOD! FFOOOOOODD! Too bad plump helmets are the only cheap source of food. We keep with the sweet pod brewing as promised, our Templar. We just need cheap FOOOOD!  :-[
We still have the old sweet pod plot. Just that unused plot was designated for FOOOOD growing! We need FOOD! Or maybe I was slightly blinded? The light gray looks so similar to the dark gray. If the plot was previously used, our booze-picky Templar, we promise to grow all those sweet pods in there.  >:(
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 12:29:01 am by Chimpanzee »
"Yeah, that's great. Hey, are you done? If so, we need to smelt this ten thousand large load of hematite. I'll see you next month."
"That's nice. Tell you what, pretend you are weaving metal out of this ore. Now get to work."

Chimpanzee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: April 09, 2013, 08:29:00 am »

Sry double-post.

Here's some minor update.

Galena 12, 255
HERE SAINT. HAVE SOME SWEET PODS AND DWARVEN RUM. HAPPY NOW?

We also have a stock of nearly 200 rum. That will do till the sweet pods sprout.

☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼

• Bay Watcher
  • Hight Tentacle of the Eastern Marches
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: April 09, 2013, 10:34:30 am »

Now I see, my decision to switch turns with you was propably the best in my community fort career. Just leave some !!FUN!! for me, okay?
Quote from: Necrisha
while I'm processing immigrants
Therefore, starve your metalsmiths for maximum gains.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: April 09, 2013, 03:55:33 pm »

:D

THE RUM IS BACK! LET THE ALCOHOLISM RECOMMENCE!
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: April 09, 2013, 04:06:04 pm »

:D

THE RUM IS BACK! LET THE ALCOHOLISM RECOMMENCE!

AnimaRytak, RumGod, approves.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Nyalathoteps_Cousin

• Bay Watcher
  • I wish I'd spelled my name correctly...
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: April 09, 2013, 04:54:20 pm »

Dorfing Request submitted.

Awaiting Approval.

/run omgdisthreadsoawesome.exe

Every time you post an update I am sad because the timer on when another update will be made is reset.

Goddamnit its like crack and I've been injecting it straight into my eyeballs.

Chimpanzee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: April 10, 2013, 07:06:15 am »

Galena 13, 225
We've constructed a ramp so that the marksdwarves can access the shooting ranges more easy. One voidspawn drone advanced a few steps towards the gates.
More voidspawn started to walk towards the gate. Time to open the bridge and release the over 40-dwarf military force!
Turned out there's only 1 squad of them, but a huge one, of lashers. LASHERS! LAASHERS!!

And skilled ones too! Time to quickly get the marksdwarves ready.
I'm currently trying to pull the lever and open the bridge. Now to bring the soldiers!
The first Voidspawn thrall has entered! Killing order is urgent!
The soldiers were currently fighting two Voidspawn. One of them attacked a speardwarf, who is now bleeding.

Galena 14, 225

Two Voidspawn corpses are now lying on the grass of Murdermachines. But that's only the start of the fight. There are exactly 13 voidspawn to be killed as of yet.
The killing blows were landed, as it appears, by Peregarrette and, strangely, Saint, even though the marksdwarf squad was a bit late for the fight.

We've spotted a third voidspawn and quickly went to kill it.
That one was killed by the Voidbane Rokenzan, who already had a voidspawn kill. Now it has been made two.
That third voidspawn hasn't landed anything more severe than a bruise on our soldiers.

Now the (voidspawn) squad leader has advanced into battle. Accompanied by a drone, both advanced into the gate in vain (?) enraged, followed by 10 (!) voidspawn thralls, drones and soldiers.

I was surprised by the overly-good functioning of our military. They were just... Hitting the leader and the drone as if they're both dummies! No injuries, just a few bruises. No torn arteries, no vomiting!

Oh no, here comes the pain.

Rokozan, the Voidbane and Mad is not showing consciousness!
If I view the grass, it shows dwarf blood as well as abyssal taint and old gobbo blood.
No, the leader isn't dead yet.

I've ordered the entire militia stationed. Hopefully they'll come instead of drinking booze all the time near the barracks.

The sadness. The madness. The Terry! We have had enough of you, Terry! Better f**k off for now, at least in a situation such as a voidspawn siege!

Stupid masochist dwarves. All those deaths... sadden me.
On the bright side, we've finally managed to kill a fourth Voidspawn.

That's just another baby dwarf who has bled to death here.

No need to worry too much, more soldiers coming now!
Aoshi II, Rocker has been struck down. So the dwarf:voidspawn kill count is 4:5. That means we actually have a chance to win against them. (The 5th voidspawn was killed just recently.)
Maxwell Edison II has been killed as well. Poor dwarves.

Galena 15, 225
Wow, those Voidspawn Drones seem so badass, looking at the combat reports of them, I can see almost all text is red, no blue. Barely any blue, only red.
Oh no, Oryx has been struck down! Erush the Pot Thrower and Prosnorkulus III have been killed as well.Tryrar has been struck down as well.
Time to pull the lever, close the drawbridge, let the soldiers in, and let the voidspawn out till it's too late.

After thinking of this, Thaddeus III has been struck down. But one thing made me happy.

A caged voidspawn! Now we will have a much easier time in getting voidspawn into the arena!

Great, now that we've closed the bridge, the only fight is between voidspawn and marksdwarves. How can the former win if they can't even touch the latter?
Oh no, I was proven wrong. Brokenmind the Axedwarf has suffocated. Poor Brokenmind.

:O It turned that there is one unkillable voidspawn soldier at the barracks the remaining soldiers are currently fighting. Tyler Durden has died to it.

Galena 16, 225

Rest in peace Chrarbis Sibnirkebon Melist agoth. You will never be missed.

Galena 19, 225
I've decided to resort to Plan B. We've had a construction removed and granted the marksdwarves access to previously inaccessible walkways. Now I just hope they'll be able to shoot them to death.

Galena 22, 225
All marksdwarves went to station, after a wall was removed by some cowardly child.
Turned out their quivers don't even have bolts inside!
I've tried to get a few new soldiers and have them equipped.

Galena 26, 225
Now, all military stationed at the barracks! Just making sure everyone is there.
The first voidspawn thrall has started making its way towards the gate.
And stay dead, abomination!
Another one went in.
What? Mr SpaceCat II has been struck down.

Galena 28, 225
And another abomination is dead. Autumn is near. Let's just get the others dead before it's time for the migrant wave and the dwarven traders.

Limestone 1, 225
Those drones and soldiers are REALLY badass. So badass they have titles.
Keep up the work, soldiers! There are only 5 voidspawn to kill.

Limestone 2, 225
Four, Three voidspawn left! Including their squad leader and some legless thrall.
A lot of unconsious, injured and dead dwarves.
Full hospital.
I've updated the dorflist accordingly.

Have we won? To be revealed later on. Stay tuned!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 02:56:37 pm by Chimpanzee »

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: April 10, 2013, 08:14:51 am »

Cool, my incarnation survived and even scored a hit!
Well, why ballistaes were silent? Load them with iron bolts and puncture some bastards!

And, speaking of traps, why not invite viodspawns into special trapway? let it start with ramps channeled under ballista fortifications and have as many curves as needed. It can even lead into Arena!
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼

• Bay Watcher
  • Hight Tentacle of the Eastern Marches
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: April 10, 2013, 09:47:47 am »

Everyone is fighting voidspawn and I'm just sitting here making *stone mechanisms*
Quote from: Necrisha
while I'm processing immigrants
Therefore, starve your metalsmiths for maximum gains.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 272