Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 777653 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Invasion of the Body Snatchers! (Deathgate II)
« Reply #870 on: May 04, 2013, 01:52:27 am »

Please re-dorf me as Baelor the Axe-crazy.  I'd like to serve in the military as an axedwarf. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: May 04, 2013, 02:23:05 am »

And my dorf is still alive. Great achievment for a smith swordsdorf who's in consant state of internal rage.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: May 05, 2013, 05:29:05 am »

Uhm, yeah. Alive.

Update is coming today, the adding of screenshots will get delayed because of certain problems.
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: May 05, 2013, 08:18:56 am »

Uhm, yeah. Alive.
Uh?
That sounds like a problem...
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Nyalathoteps_Cousin

• Bay Watcher
  • I wish I'd spelled my name correctly...
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: May 05, 2013, 08:24:18 am »

Well, life is an... abstract concept.

Are we truly alive, have we ever even really lived?

All of these are very important if you want to truly find what it means... to live.

He's totally dead.
Every time you post an update I am sad because the timer on when another update will be made is reset.

Goddamnit its like crack and I've been injecting it straight into my eyeballs.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: May 05, 2013, 08:27:27 am »

Uhm, yeah. Alive.
Uh?
Is getting beaten to bloody pudding a problem for you?

[Mayor Thikut Luritoslan's log, Spring 256]
18th of slate
The stupid beast fell in one of our cage traps. Nevermind.
22nd of Slate
The guards swear that there's a ghost in front of our gate. Fools, there's no such thing like ghosts. I ordered the construction of the microline invader-smasher to be continued. The aboveground fort is littered with corpses, the graveyard needs to be completed immediately.
2nd of Felsite
I walked by our animal and prisoner´stockpile next to the execution shaft to take a look at the minotaur, and appereantly there's a corpse in one of our cages
NOTE: 1) Open a zoo   2) Put minotaur into zoo   3) Demand money from those who want to see it   4)...?   5) Profit!       
8th of Felsite
Some dwarves pulled me over into a dark corner today and asked me how work on 'the arena' was progressing. When I told them that I didn't know anything about an 'arena' they all went silent for a few seconds before unsheating their blades. 'You won't tell anybody 'bout this, understand?' one of them said. 'And we won't hurt you.'. 'Well, I'm not a curious dwarf anyways, so that's not a problem.'. Damned Thugs! I prohibited the export of bracelets, that'll show them!
11th of Felsite
I ordered an unused farm plot on the surface to be removed because it's in the way of the new constructions.
16th of Felsite
There's just to much body parts and scrap lying around at the surface. An smasher will be constructed at layer 93, so it'll be easier to get rid of unwanted stuff.
17th of Felsite
Goblins! Goblins everywhere! They are coming from everywhere!

(OCC: There are almost two pages of invaders. Shit.)
23rd of Felsite
They are still fighting. Many died during the first wave, including Peregarrete. All of our soldiers are either dead or heavily wounded, except Krosan and Puff, who are currently chasing a troll stonecrafter right into the next wave of invaders.
Those cowards brought many trolls and two of the goblins are hammerlords .This is beyond hope, I'm sealing the fortress myself!
24th of Felsite
I saw Krosan kill two trolls without getting a single scratch. Then the next wave arrived. Puff just charged right into them, while Krosan was just standing there, staring at his death. I screamed 'RUN! YOU ARE NO LONGER BOUND TO YOUR SQUAD! YOU ARE THE LEADER OF THE MANLY RETREAT NOW! RUN!' He slowly turned around, smiling, and although he was far away and although spoke really silently, I understood what he said. 'Bullshit!'. He then ran after Puff, into the arms of death.
May Armok have mercy on his soul...
25th of Felsite.
Peregarette is dead. Dortimus and Blade are dead. Puff and Krosan are dead. This is a grim day for dwarfkind...
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 09:00:25 am by Yuli Vlasi »
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: May 05, 2013, 09:14:35 am »

Uhm, yeah. Alive.
Uh?
Is getting beaten to bloody pudding a problem for you?
Ah, okay then. That body survived for quite long though.

Redorf me please as some siege engineer/operator and let me work on ballista battery.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: May 05, 2013, 09:30:38 am »

We currently only have one (or two) siege operators. One of them is an expert marksdwarf, legendary weaver (maybe a suiting dwarf for dappercat?) and blacksmith. Our ballistas are currently useless, because the dwarves get scared away by the invaders and the operators are busy making ballista arrows or producing infinite amounts of steel armor. The military quarters are nearly finished, and I'm going to place three dangerrooms in there. Maybe even a shooting range for our siege operators.

Of course someone would have to rebuild the military first.
BECAUSE EVERYONE'S DEAD!  :-[ / :D
I will redorf all the dead soon.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: May 05, 2013, 10:06:48 am »

I saw Krosan kill two trolls without getting a single scratch. Then the next wave arrived. Puff just charged right into them, while Krosan was just standing there, staring at his death. I screamed 'RUN! YOU ARE NO LONGER BOUND TO YOUR SQUAD! YOU ARE THE LEADER OF THE MANLY RETREAT NOW! RUN!' He slowly turned around, smiling, and although he was far away and although spoke really silently, I understood what he said. 'Bullshit!'. He then ran after Puff, into the arms of death.

And so begins Deathgate III: The Search for Krosan.

NEVER RETREAT. NEVER SURRENDER. After headbutting a wereape to death and massacring those trolls, Krosan IV probably thought he could take the goblins by himself.

Clearly he could not.

Don't worry, bro, I'm pretty sure nobody expected anything different.

Hey, in the next version our civilization theoretically should consider breeding even during fort mode! maybe we won't run out of meat for the grinder happy civilians in DG3!
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Chimpanzee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: May 05, 2013, 03:26:26 pm »

I'm glad that my successor followed the tradition of dwarf mass sacrifice. >:D
I feel sorry for you, dead Blade, Dortimus, Puff, Krosan and Peregarrett. RIP

/~~\  /~~\ /~~\ /~~\ /~~\
|     | |      ||     | |     ||      |
|RIP| |RIP ||RIP| |RIP|| RIP|
|     | |      ||     | |     ||      |

We will probably need at least 20 times as many graves as that by year 10.
"I am a Legandary Weaver! Nobody handles cloth like me"
"Yeah, that's great. Hey, are you done? If so, we need to smelt this ten thousand large load of hematite. I'll see you next month."
"WHAT AN OUTRAGE! I AM A LIVING LEGEND! I SHOULD BE WEAVING"
"That's nice. Tell you what, pretend you are weaving metal out of this ore. Now get to work."

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: May 05, 2013, 06:21:20 pm »

Has Cor'Daz been dorfed?

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: May 05, 2013, 10:39:55 pm »

Crap. Do I have to put myself in the dorfinator again? If no, get me on a pump gym. Once I am maximum STRONG, stick me back in the military.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: May 06, 2013, 03:17:40 am »

Ah, damnit.

Puff wants a big strong dwarf for revenge on gobbos.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: May 06, 2013, 06:18:24 am »

I will redorf all the dead soon.
That seems to be SOP for Deathgate.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: May 06, 2013, 11:26:33 am »

For the 'strange cat'-person: Yes, Dappercat has already been dorfed by somebody else.
I will try to make another update soon.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 272