Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 777619 times)

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Invasion of the Body Snatchers! (Deathgate II)
« Reply #915 on: May 11, 2013, 12:33:35 pm »

I feel honoured.

Wait, the siege destroyed itself? Voidspawn kill each other?
Yes, I posted a screenshot of their corpses taking a bath inside their own blood and abyssal taint. Looks like we found a weakness. Any explanations Anima?
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Invasion of the Body Snatchers! (Deathgate II)
« Reply #916 on: May 11, 2013, 12:57:54 pm »

Jesus. Squads of untrained civilians charging eldritch horrors and dying by dozens? Sounds like Sparkgear. And one overseered by Barbarossa.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile

So here's a question.  Would you rather be a soldier in Barbarossa-Era Soviet Russia, or Murdermachines on any average Tuesday?

And Happy Birthday Terry!
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile

It seems the Voidspawn have difficulty telling who is a dwarf and who is a spawn dwarf. I am completely okay with this :)
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile

It was Terry indulging in an early birthday present :D

Chimpanzee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The dorflist needs quite the update.
Cool turn, Yuli. Thank you for following my dwarf massacre and taking it further to the civilian realm. >:D
RIP AnimaRytak, Former Overlord of Murdermachines
"I am a Legandary Weaver! Nobody handles cloth like me"
"Yeah, that's great. Hey, are you done? If so, we need to smelt this ten thousand large load of hematite. I'll see you next month."
"WHAT AN OUTRAGE! I AM A LIVING LEGEND! I SHOULD BE WEAVING"
"That's nice. Tell you what, pretend you are weaving metal out of this ore. Now get to work."

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey Yuli, have you updated the dorfinator with deaths yet? If you don't feel up to it I don't mind doing it.

(If you've already done it, then I didn't see it on account of that thing having a maaaaaagnificent death count already)
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile

I did not update it yet but I will post a screenshot of all survivors today. I'll try to update the dorfinator myself.

EDIT:
This is all that is left of our population, there aren't enough adult dwarves to fulfill our dorfing needs, so we'll have to grab ourselves some children. Note the dwarven child that I nicknames as Minker. He is Malach's son, a worshipper of the god of fortresses and fat. He has literally NO FRIENDS and he even has a grudge against Lorbam Stinthädedtul. She was friends with AnimaRytak, Baelor II, Dortimus II, The Mad Fool and Malach.
I'm grabbing Minker and making him my new dorf, changing his name to 'Minkerrow'.

Uploading the save will be delayed because of technical problems. Sorry.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 11:39:13 am by Yuli Vlasi »
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Jeeeeeeeeebus.

And that forgotten beast killed them all?
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile

There were 70 dwarves before the beast got in. Some died to the goblin siege and the wereape but that were less than 10 I think.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile

Yikes. It's time to completely lock down the fort, work on happiness, and try not to die off.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile

Here's the save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7651
I sealed of the complete graveyard to prevent Ambassador from escaping. The militaryquarters are under the room that was dug out at the lower end of the execution drop. The lever for the dangeroom's speartraps is the one next to it's door. There's also a shooting range for ballistae there. If you find a pile of dogs, blocks and dead goblins, that's my failed atomsmasher. Please kill the dogs. I ordered an area to be dug out in the caverns. Somebody has the lever at layer one (there's a hotkey to get there) so the miners can reach it. Please construct walls around the dug out area and make farms down there.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 02:33:34 pm by Yuli Vlasi »

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile

Yuli's turn is finished, Mr. Space Cat is up next.

Btw, I once again approve a danger room considering how close we are to getting FUBAR'd.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile

The dangerroom is working, I got Malach from zero to skilled Hammerdwarf in less than a month. If someone manages not to kill the military of for long enough while producing full steel armor (srsly, stop the production of boots and greaves, we have more armor than dwarves right now). And we need to get migrants. Without letting in a voidspawn or something like that. The cage traps at the fortresses entrance are filled with goblins and have to be reloaded, but we probably don't have any mechanics.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile

Somehow, I think that our casualty total will have a mite... deterrent effect on prospective migrants.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 272