Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 777643 times)

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did you just accidentally the fortress?
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pretty much. At this point either i'm going to have to reset to the initial save or accept the fortress crumbling, because our already-decimated population has again been torn up.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile

Pretty much. At this point either i'm going to have to reset to the initial save or accept the fortress crumbling, because our already-decimated population has again been torn up.
:(

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, this place is a nightmare. The 3x3 Bridge Yuli is referring to is mysteriously not triggering on the lever that I believe it's linked to (Underground Door Control or something?). If the lever is somewhere else I haven't found it yet, but there's a wall in place next to it so I'll leave that there to block off that cavern layer.

All attempts to wipe out the AMBASSADOR have failed. But at least we have enough food, and nothing else can go wro-

FOR FRICK'S SAKE

I promptly reactivated the hit squad and sent them after them. It's freaking kobolds, I don't care if you're unarmed, it-

NO NO NO I FREAKING REFUSE TO LET MY TURN END WITH THE FORT OVERTHROWN BY KOBOLD RAIDERS

I have ordered EVERYONE to the fortress heart for a last line of defense. GET IN THERE YOU BEARDLESS MAGGOTS, DEFEND YOUR HONOR!

Oh god I think I accidentally locked them in the fortress with the gate lever and now they're trapped inside.

Uhm. There are dwarves which I know were just awake, which have headed to the dorms for a nap.

There are now KOBOLDS IN THE DORMS.

WAKE UP ANIMA! RUN!

At this point, the kobolds have decided it'll be cool to occupy the farms. We have children run up there to try to grab plump helmets, but mostly they just get shot at and die or flee.

Aoshi, your ghost is currently haunting AnimaRytak II in the hospital.

Mad Fool was working to drag people to the hospital, since he's one of the only adults left standing, but he took an arrow to the...

lung. He's still up and is pretty badass about it in all honesty.

There are elves milling about outside, but it looks like they can't get to any trade depot on account of the gates now being sealed. Looks like I actually did manage to lock the kobolds in the fortress, go me.

Wait, what is this message?

What?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Not opening the gates ever again.

There is a drone axelord and a drone swordmaster out there.

Mad Fool is cut off from the rest of the fort by the kobolds and there are only two undorfed vessels left on their feet. The entire fortress is unhappy and/or starving (nobody is feeding the patients), so it's a matter of time.

I added Mad Fool to the military and told him to get to the damned hospital. He promptly ran over to a kobold archer, presumably the same one that shot him in the lung, and beat it to death his crutch before tearing out its kidney with his bare teeth. I'm slightly afraid now.

The survivors are patrolling the farm and not looking for trouble. I feel that if I just opened the gates they'd leave... but there's an entire ambush squad of voidspawn out there so screw that.

Mad Fool lost a fight with a spearman, taking a cut to the arm before wandering off to the hospital and laying down for a nap.

At this point, the fortress is basically finished. Every available adult is either crippled, starving to death, or both; there is nobody to feed or water the patients in the hospital, since "the patients in the hospital" translates roughly as "the adult population of the fortress." We have more ghosts than adults right now (several of which are haunting the hospital). Mad Fool finally got up for a snack, ran into a kobold, and promptly took three more stabs. He's not dead, mind, but it did knock away his crutch so he can't walk and is bleeding out on the floor.

AnimaRytak just tantrumed, but he's bedridden so it's hardly dangerous. And now he's dead of dehydration.

Our last healthy (or close) adult has gone mad. He's grabbed a pick, and... Oh, gods. No! No, you mindless bastard! Not that!

Monom Nishisak, random animal dissector, has started shouting that our doom will not come at the hands of the kobolds. I've no clue what he means to do, but he's waving a pick and frothing at the mouth.

Oh, no.

Nonononono.

HE'S FREED THE AMBASSADOR! HE'S FREED THE AMBASSA-

So, I killed the fort. I didn't mean to. It was entirely an accident. And I did it anyway.

If it be decided to let this stand, then I'll post the save so we can have a reclaim. If the overall decision is to restart at the beginning of my save, that's cool too; I can do that, or I can pass on to the next person to try not to fuck the fort.

I leave it in your hands, Deathgaters.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Just Some Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bravissimo! Encore, encore!

When's your next turn?  :P

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile

Ha ha ha! Killed by a Kobold raid! Priceless!
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile

We survived no rum. We survived unholy beasts from the depths. We survived the spawn of the Void Itself. We prepared for demons, elves, and goblins.

And we died to kobolds.

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can someone redorf me on the list, seeing as I can't see google docs right now for some reason.

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Last Journal Entries of "The Mad Fool" Zuglarning:
A Forgotten Beast!  To think, such magnificent creatures would reside in this world as well!  This is a good day, and I look forward to further observing its behavior.
Also, my vessel seems to have lost one of its legs.  How tedious.

~~~

I have been cataloguing the recent influx of patients into my laboratory.  It seems the Beast's incursion has given me a great deal to work with, but now we are rapidly running out of vessels.  So much so, in fact, that I have been drafted to be the manager.  Irritating.  I tried to make the best of the appointment and assign some additional raw materials to my lab, but the Overseer was having none of it.  Short-sighted fool!  How am I to fashion a new generation of reanimated soldiers without fresh components?

~~~

Kobolds!  Vermin!  I had decided that, if the Overseer would not see to my needs, I would see to them myself when I was accosted by vermin!  One of them was armed with a crossbow.  Obnoxious.  But it did present an opportunity to test my new prosthetic leg.  Not only was it effective, it was incredibly successful!  At last, my efforts are beginning to bear fruit!

It seems my exertions have taken their toll on this vessel.  I think I will rest.  Yes.  Rest*line of ink trails off the page*

~~~~~

The remaining vermin had cut me off from my lab.  The one with the bow was among them.  I ate his kidney with some plump helmet and a nice Dwarven Rum.  Delectable, though I wish the other one had not been so rude as to interrupt my meal.  I've returned to my lab, and will continue my experiments in the morning.  After I sleep.  I feel so tired.

~~~~~

*This page is splattered with blood.  The writing is scrawled in an unsteady hand.*
THE VOID COMES

TERRY

I AM COMING HOME

(OOC: That was so freaking metal.  Redorf, please, if we reclaim.)
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile

TERRY

I AM COMING HOME

And hello new sig!
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My personal gut feeling is that we should totally just reclaim. Being destroyed by kobolds in the end was too beautiful, and I really don't want to deny The Mad Fool a chance to show off as the fort's resident psychopathic superhero.

I think he may be one of the only dwarves in the fortress who actually managed to take out even a single kobold; pretty sure he had at least two on his kill list. The Mad Fool was absolutely the closest thing the shell-shocked survivors had to a leader, which says just about everything you could possibly want about how ridiculously this went down.

The freaking kobolds even had no interest in doing anything but running around stabbing puppies to death. After the initial incursion they at no point made any effort to chase anything larger than a dog and only fought with dwarves which came after them while occupying the farm and wandering through the fort; one kobold spearman even went into the hospital multiple times and literally turned and left, presumably sickened by some experiment Mad Fool had cooking in there, despite the hospital being full of helpless dwarf meat.

I just realized that the only named dwarf to actually survive at this point... is freaking Lashidang, because she was kidnapped instead of being murdered by FB or kobolds.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 10:11:58 pm by kefkakrazy »

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did you just accidentally the fortress?
Pretty much.

Sigg'd, btw.

EDIT: Wait...I just realized that The Mad Fool at one point shattered the kobold spearman's arm by kicking it with his right foot.  Note that he did not have a left foot at the time, nor a left leg.  This means he planted his crutch into the ground and roundhouse ninja kicked the kobold in the arm.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 10:18:25 pm by The Mad Fool »
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile

That. Was. METAL AS FUCK.
You may bear my children, Kefka.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 272