Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 777614 times)

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...Deathgate 3?

Isn't that a bit hasty?  We can still reclaim.
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile

...Deathgate 3?

Fine, but I want Cor'Daz on the reclaim! No, wait, no... make it the wave after.... pl0x

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile

Jesus, that was intense! I want a first migrant wave dwarf too - I don't care who. I just want Puff back in the action.

I think a reclaim would be lovely, but I think Anima should be the one to do it. It's his baby, after all.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile

We must reclaim! While Lashidang still draws breath in Goblin lands, there can be no peace in the skeleton of the Second Deathgate.

Also I want a male dwarf for the reclaim party, please :D
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

Chimpanzee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would be impressed if I were included in the reclaim party, or the first migrant wave.
Dorf me as
Name: Fungin
Job: Heater
Requirements: Furnace operator, preferable female but male is also perfectly acceptable.
"I am a Legandary Weaver! Nobody handles cloth like me"
"Yeah, that's great. Hey, are you done? If so, we need to smelt this ten thousand large load of hematite. I'll see you next month."
"WHAT AN OUTRAGE! I AM A LIVING LEGEND! I SHOULD BE WEAVING"
"That's nice. Tell you what, pretend you are weaving metal out of this ore. Now get to work."

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

Reclaim!  I'd like to be re-dorfed, now that the carnage is over, just as NRDL, axedwarf.  Once there are enough dorfs for a military to be feasible. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I didn't get to die horribly!WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile

I return.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Wrath of the Voidgod (Deathgate II)
« Reply #983 on: May 21, 2013, 08:00:15 am »

Reclaim! For the AMBASSADOR!
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile

Sooo, I decide to look up Bay12 for some Murdermachines.
First thing I see is this:
...Deathgate 3?

lol.
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: May 21, 2013, 08:31:40 am »

Wonderful turn kefka, well done!  :D
I still have the 'everything's-fluffy-and-rainbow'-save, but screw that. Reclaim this bloody mess and enjoy! Added myself to the dorfinator again, this time as a military dwarf. We're going to need it anyways.
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: May 21, 2013, 08:41:23 am »

Within the Void

In the months that followed the fall of Murdermachines, there was no silence within the void; the rage of my brethren was too great.  Without that fortress, and more importantly, the beacon within, we could not return to the world and take fresh bodies.  None of us, except for AnimaRytak, had been powerful enough to cross the veil without that beacon.
And unfortunately, AnimaRytak had never returned after Murdermachines fell.  The Mad Fool returned and spoke of our leader’s death.  Yet Anima never returned to us.
“Well that didn’t fucking work,” the voice of Baelor roared through the empty void. “Kobolds.  Kobolds!  The most worthless of creatures known to our people and our fortress was wiped out by them!”
“Don’t look at me, I at least died against goblins.” Derm replied.
Prosnorkulus’ spoke next, “The voidspawn were the real threat.  We ignored them and it cost us dearly.”
“Let’s not forget about the Ambassador.”  Bulborish added absently, “We never did slay him.”
The squabbling had never ceased.  Each dwarf blamed another for the fall.  The most blame fell on our absent leader.  Perhaps this was out of shame.  We, the dwarves, had once conquered hell itself.  Now we had fallen to kobolds and goblins, enemies we had conquered a thousand times.
“And where is AnimaRytak?!  Was he not our leader?  Is this failure not his!” Saint screamed.
The cackling sound of Him came, “What’s the matter little dwarf, do you hate the void so?”
“Quite!  You could’ve helped us.  Taken a vessel and fought against our enemies,” Saint shouted back.
“Alas little one, I am not a dwarf.  Your kind cannot serve as my vessel.”
“None of this wouldn’t have happened if we had strengthened our military instead of gorging ourselves in an orgy of hedonism!” Blade shouted at Saint.
Little by little, more and more voices joined into the chaos until individual voices were no longer audible.  I said nothing.  There was nothing for me to add that would’ve helped us.  With a depressed sigh, I turned my attention from my brothers.
That is until an intense pain wracked my spirit to the very core.
“Silence.” Like a thousand mouths screaming into my ears, a deep, ethereal voice boomed and overwhelmed the noise of my brethren.  Despite the crippling presence of the voice, it was not a scream or a shout, it was a single utterance that carried with it incredible power.
We abided the voice’s command.
“There will be no more squabble amongst you.  I have returned.”  Once again the voice boomed; this time the essence of the abyss changed with it.  Like birds caught in a hurricane, we were helpless but submit to his will.  Even Him, the most powerful being we knew, was a whisper compared to this.
“I have failed you once my brothers.  But hear me now, Murdermachines shall be ours once more.”
“Lord Anima, you have returned to us…” The Mad Fool spoke first, “Excellent!  Most excellent!”
The crowd sung praises onto the new presence of our leader.  Something had happened to him to make him something stronger than he had been.  While he had been the most skilled in manipulating the void and the veil, he had never been able to bend the abyss to his will so readily.
But soon I knew why.  Buried deep within his spirit, I could sense a familiar essence; a chaotic, primordial force.

Ṫ̹ͭe̴͈̳̐́r̭̾͌̔̓͑ͩ̊r̛̺͙̹̼̳ͧͨͦy͚̙̾ͬ̇͒.̊̍̄̚͏͍̟͈͙̫
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: May 21, 2013, 10:28:56 am »

Dear God.

(I demand that Krosan V be a part of the reclaim force.)
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Teh_Idort

• Bay Watcher
  • Oi u gobber.
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: May 21, 2013, 11:08:02 am »

Oh Jesus, so Terry was really the void god? Manipulating us FROM THE ABYSS? It all makes sense.

As long as we keep kefka FAR FAR away from us, I think we'll be OK. He's far worse than terry ever was.
Treatment status: Success.
Patient status: Deceased.

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: May 21, 2013, 11:14:19 am »

I request The Mad Fool possess the reclamation force's doctor.
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 272