Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 785988 times)

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Wrath of the Voidgod (Deathgate II)
« Reply #1050 on: May 25, 2013, 10:17:25 pm »

No update? But what better way is there to celebrate drunken celebration than to play Dwarf Fortress? I mean, the folks over in the Drunk Fortress thread seem to have Fun, and they're not even besieged by demonic nudists!
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: May 25, 2013, 11:22:37 pm »

Drunk Fortress was !FUN!

But Murdermachines requires actual concentration to avoid a massive bigger clusterfuck.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: May 26, 2013, 09:47:16 am »

Having just read your turn there, I think it's safe to say you were not nearly drunk enough :)

Especially since that next guy (Scruffy or something) had the wonderfully deep thought of ";e deatjdraċ be clöosing clobletipm. dpims ot`?" in his turn.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 09:50:43 am by StLeibowitz »
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: May 26, 2013, 10:53:26 am »

Murdermachine's Reclaim, Chapter 3: Harbinger

The ground was covered with broken bodies, rotten gore, and discarded equipment.  The surface fort itself had been abandoned for some time; nature had reclaimed it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The gate to the fortress was closed and locked from the inside.  Instead of destroying the gate, the Void God brings his fist to one of the walls and makes his own entrance.

Datan opts to stay behind to guard their backs.

In sharp contrast to the chaos above the fort, the underground areas of the fortress proper are almost pristine.  No blood, no bodies, no trash.  While the farming floors were covered in moss and mushrooms, everything else looked untouched.

Silently, the five dwarves follow the etheral Void God; his very presence makes the stone quiver. 

Finally, the dwarves reach the base of the great beacon.

"What is this?" Goden asked.

"The salvation of my people."  The Void God says before walking forward and placing his hand on the stone obelisk.

For the four dwarves around the beacon, their blood runs cold.

"A̡̜̼̦̜̜̒̌r̴̠̗̲͙̹͉͍ͬ̂ͭͩ͘͜t̥̠͉̭̜̲̚ͅu̱̗̲̙̓̍̋̐͛l̞͉̦̪̝̜̺͖̣ͫ̂ͫ͊̌̆m̭͙̄͒͊͑̅͆͑͑͊a̳͎̖͙͍̝̋̂ͩ̀̚̕͜l̊͡͏̧̟̥̞͔͚͖ḧ̲͇̭̦̮̈́̉̉͌͘ģ͇̹͕͕̘̦̔̾ͤ̏̃å̩͎͍̠̩͔͖͎̂́͠o̢̼͍͈͍̹̩̠̖̍́s̨͎͈̈̈́ͫͫ͒̈ͮ͡͝ẖ̵ͯ̀ͮ̂͊͟ȩ̤͙̹̠̱̹̥̠̀̎ͧͬ͊̑ͣ̑ľͭ͌̃̽̐͆͂͏̻̤͕̪͈̟͍̖d̺͕̖͓ͪͫ̎̏̓ͭ͐o̸͎̙̿́̊ͤͨ͗̋̄ͅm̢̬̰̠̼̩͐̊͒͌ͦ͛͂ͤ͠a̱͎̺̤͕ͥ̋͒̎̄ͬͯ̄͂̀͡h̝̥̼̩͙̼̃̃ͭ̇͑̉̚͠l̢̡̫̺̗̹̗̪̇̓ͣ̾̏̄͐ͧ͘a̶̵̻ͩ͗̓͞.̶̟̯̹̯͔ͣ̏̎ͥͬ͢͟.̳͈̮̦̦̰̮́ͧ͂͟͡.͈̪͖̘̰̘͎̻͎̽ͫ̇ͣ̔"

Words not meant for mortal ears filled the chamber.  Goden, Lolor, Mistem, and Tirist dropped their weapons and clutched their heads in agony.

On the surface above, Datan is is terrified beyond reason.

The sun been swallowed by a blackness, not unlike the black meteor.  The skies had been dyed red.  And great, snaking masses were making their way towards the great beacon's pit.  Like a hydra, thousands of black tendrils descend from the sky and press themselves into the pit.  Datan shook with fear as herworld view was shaken to the very core.

Thirty minutes passed as Datan waited for the others, fighting her desire to flee.  She breathed a great sigh of relief when she saw her four friends return; even if the Void God followed.

"What was that?" Datan asked, "That... that thing in the sky."

"Nothing that you need to worry about anymore." Lolor spoke.

Datan's joy turned to fear.

"Who are you!" the raised her axe and shouted at the body of her friend.

The dwarves said nothing as the Void God stepped past them, approached Datan, and placed a hand on her head before she could react.
The air was filled with the ghostly scream of Datan and the light that shined from her eyes and mouth.

"Come, we have much work to do."

(OOC: Inside of the fortress is freakin spotless.  No enemies, no trash, nothing.  At current, we have five military dwarves, four of whom will spend the next year in the training room.  The Void God will be on constant watch for enemies (he's legendary, so he won't mind.)  And Puff will be reclaiming our farms as a the Plump Helmet Whisperer.)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 10:55:34 am by AnimaRytak »
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: May 26, 2013, 12:37:31 pm »

added myself to the list
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 12:40:18 pm by CaptainLambcake »
You wake up in (suddenly) your room not somewhere Armok knows where. Travels in deserts and goblin forests turned up to be a dreams borned by procreation of your autistic imagination.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: May 26, 2013, 01:31:16 pm »

ALIIIIIIIIIIVE!

Though I'm not sure if I'm expedition leader or not. I think you may have mixed up the name translations for me and Puff.

And I'm not certain I want to know who I attacked to get "dabbling Biter"

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: May 26, 2013, 01:35:56 pm »

ALIIIIIIIIIIVE!

Though I'm not sure if I'm expedition leader or not. I think you may have mixed up the name translations for me and Puff.

And I'm not certain I want to know who I attacked to get "dabbling Biter"

Aw hell, how did that happen.  I put in nick names in dwarf therapist and in-game.  I switched em so you'd have a male warrior.

Yeah i'll have to fix that.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: May 26, 2013, 01:38:58 pm »

Aw hell, how did that happen.  I put in nick names in dwarf therapist and in-game.  I switched em so you'd have a male warrior.

Yeah i'll have to fix that.

It's the thought that counts :)

Just Some Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: May 26, 2013, 07:47:29 pm »

So we have a nigh invulnerable warrior to protect us.

How do we kill him off? He is going to die a painful and most likely embarrassing death, so let's get it over with.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: May 26, 2013, 07:49:43 pm »

So we have a nigh invulnerable warrior to protect us.

How do we kill him off? He is going to die a painful and most likely embarrassing death, so let's get it over with.
Send in the ducks.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: May 26, 2013, 08:59:28 pm »

Apparently, the game will only respect areas with a walkable path to the map edge for scattering discards. (According to the wiki at least)

Since the gates were locked and the fortress interior was well and truly sealed off, only the outside of the fort was considered valid, so the entire contents of Murdermachines was scattered over the outside of the fortress.

Also, Kobold Torturer? Nice.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: May 26, 2013, 09:19:29 pm »

Apparently, the game will only respect areas with a walkable path to the map edge for scattering discards. (According to the wiki at least)

Since the gates were locked and the fortress interior was well and truly sealed off, only the outside of the fort was considered valid, so the entire contents of Murdermachines was scattered over the outside of the fortress.

Also, Kobold Torturer? Nice.

I thought you'd like that title.
Also good tid bit, explains why the inside is so clear.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1062 on: May 27, 2013, 01:24:41 am »

Spooooky.

Suddenly, I want Datan to build a treehouse.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Chimpanzee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: May 27, 2013, 08:07:18 am »

May Fungin find a new body not after the next spring.
May the Void-God not get killed by a kobold! For some reason, I have the feeling that's how he will meet his death, if ever.
"I am a Legandary Weaver! Nobody handles cloth like me"
"Yeah, that's great. Hey, are you done? If so, we need to smelt this ten thousand large load of hematite. I'll see you next month."
"WHAT AN OUTRAGE! I AM A LIVING LEGEND! I SHOULD BE WEAVING"
"That's nice. Tell you what, pretend you are weaving metal out of this ore. Now get to work."

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: May 27, 2013, 12:56:33 pm »

So all the useful stuff for getting the fortress restarted is outside the walls with the voidspawn? Great...
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 272