Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 777687 times)

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Wrath of the Voidgod (Deathgate II)
« Reply #1080 on: May 28, 2013, 02:34:02 pm »

Chronicles of Murdermachines
Written by Puff, the Stonewhisperer Helmetwhisperer
1st, Hematite
The "Void God" has proclaimed me " a lazy, beardless dwarf" because I prefer the scenic route while carrying my seeds.  There important seeds!  Each one of them will go on to become a taste form of booze for my stomach. 
But the Lord will hear none of my reasoning.  So, to make up for my percieved laziness, I've taken over for Saint as fortress Chronicler.  It's a piss poor job, let me tell ya.  I tried to get Thaddeus to do it, but the lout is so depressed he just writes on the paper with tears.
Damn sissy elf-dwarf.
Well onto business, it's summer time now, which means pig tails, quarry bushes, and cave wheat are in.  It also means I'm going to be busy as shit.
Why can't the void god haul some of this shit?  Better still, why isn't ANYONE using that blasted wheelbarrow sitting in courtyard?

We're all a bit touched in the head, me thinks.

3rd, Hematite
The Lord was thirsty.  So he took a break to drink and eat.  Something tells me he's not an axelord anymore.  Funny how that works.

5th, Hematite
A damn mosquito woman started chasing me outside.  The Void God quickly scared them off.  Now they're flying about the beacon in some sorta trance.  Stupid brainless insects.

7th, Hematite
Crow folks in the courtyard.  Great.  Welcome to Murdermachines folks!  We got furrys!
Fuck my life.

10th, Malachite
God damn this fort is boring.  A month of nothing.  Thaddeus got harassed by some Giant Thrips.  I laughed a little.
Armok bring us migrants.
A woman who aren't serving as hosts for our Dwarfbros.

18th, Malachite
Since we were all bored, and the Void God was looking, Thaddeus, Saint, Krosan, NRDL, and myself decided to have a poker game.
Fucking Thaddeus.  That depressed bastard bluffed us all out of our socks.
That's right, socks.  There's five thousand socks and not a shilling in the house.   We officially made our own currency, DwarfSocks.
It's half a sock to punch a kobold for six hours.  That's not a euphemism either, Krosan started up a business.  Beat up a kobold for six hours for half a sock, It's a hell of a catharsis release. 
Sure beats his idea for a furry brothel.

23th, Malachite
Migrants!
Six wonderful migrants!
Among them are an animal caretaker-cook, an engraver, a woodcutter, a weapon and armor smith, a metalcrafter, and another farmer who's an amazing trapper.
Our abyssal brethren quickly descend upon the new hosts.
AtomicAvocado takes the new farmer.  He loudly screams his name the moment he takes the body.
Fungin takes the weapon and armor smith.  His first words are "Damn it, I didn't want dangly bits."
Litlbear takes the animal caretaker-cook.
SanDiego takes the metalcrafter, who dabbles in marksmanship.
Scribbles takes the engraver.
Thorkild takes the woodcutter.
Murdermachines grows this day.  This means more people for SockPoker.

25th, Malachite
With the fresh arrivals ready to take over work, the four original dwarves, Thaddeus, Saint, NRDL, and Krosan, are confined to the danger room.  This leaves me with dick all to do aside write whatever happens.  At least Krosan's kobold torturing business is still running.

3rd, Galena
A louse man pissed off AnimaRytak.
Doesn't end well for him.

In other news, Thorkild has begun clearing the mushrooms that have filled up first two floors of the fortress, along with the trees in the courtyard.

4th, Galena
More giant lice.

This one actually got a single hit onto AnimaRytak.  Didn't do much, just pissed him off.

6th, Galena
Litlbear has a fucked up sense of what is and isn't "edible."

I aint eatin' that.

18th, Galena
Since we're out of seeds to plant, I've started gathering plants from the courtyard.  Armok knows the place looks like an elf house.  Really, it's just not proper for a dwarven fortress.

25th, Galena
We found a large pile of weapons and armor in one of the unused storerooms, some of it was even steel.  Guess this means more hauling.
For everyone else, that is.
I'm just hauling this leaf.
Yep.
This leaf.

28th, Galena
AtomicAvocado seems to be taking a break by "pulling the lever."

Perverted bastard.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: May 28, 2013, 04:28:42 pm »

Yes, this is Puff.

You haul that leaf, little me.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: May 28, 2013, 04:42:24 pm »

I put myself back on the dorfinator.

squiddwarf16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: May 28, 2013, 05:01:58 pm »

I also added my self in the dorfinator. At least... I think I did... never used one of those before.

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: May 29, 2013, 02:10:54 am »

Awesome, we are bouncing back! It also means that i have less fear of accidentally the fort. As long as I don't kill Timmy (again) and we are bringing back the duck-o-tron.

I guess the dorfinator will be continued and the poor souls that are on it will be re-dorfed at some point?
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: May 29, 2013, 02:20:26 am »

Awesome, we are bouncing back! It also means that i have less fear of accidentally the fort. As long as I don't kill Timmy (again) and we are bringing back the duck-o-tron.

I guess the dorfinator will be continued and the poor souls that are on it will be re-dorfed at some point?

Basically.  Priority goes to people on the new page (Murdermachines Reclaim).  But should no dwarf fit, I'll redorf an old one from pre-reclaim.
Also, the more specific a request, the less likely you get dorfed.  Anything more complicated then Gender-Profession makes it a hassle.
Not directed at you, I just see a lot of really specific requests in the list and I honestly just ignore them some of the time.
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: May 29, 2013, 02:44:21 am »

Basically.  Priority goes to people on the new page (Murdermachines Reclaim).  But should no dwarf fit, I'll redorf an old one from pre-reclaim.
Also, the more specific a request, the less likely you get dorfed.  Anything more complicated then Gender-Profession makes it a hassle.
Not directed at you, I just see a lot of really specific requests in the list and I honestly just ignore them some of the time.
What new page and how do I get Cor'Daz on there?

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: May 29, 2013, 03:06:52 am »

What new page and how do I get Cor'Daz on there?

He's already there.
But for reference, there's tabs on the bottom of the google doc.  The default page is the reclaim, the second page is pre-reclaim.  Everyone who was undorfed and waiting was transferred over.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: May 29, 2013, 03:11:40 am »

Ok :3

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: May 29, 2013, 05:22:06 am »

Updated my entry on the Dorfinator(included custom title and profession of any military)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: May 29, 2013, 08:44:27 am »

Awesome! This is indeed the answer I was looking for.
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: May 29, 2013, 09:38:43 am »

Why are some usernames (including mine) written in bold letters on the dorfinator?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 10:32:34 am by Yuli Vlasi »
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: May 29, 2013, 11:29:32 am »

Why are some usernames (including mine) written in bold letters on the dorfinator?

I BELIEVE I started that back when I originally made the Dorfinator. If I'm right it should denote members of the Founding 7 for the Reclaim. I could be wrong though.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: May 29, 2013, 03:11:56 pm »

I BELIEVE I started that back when I originally made the Dorfinator. If I'm right it should denote members of the Founding 7 for the Reclaim. I could be wrong though.

Er, that might've been the case originally (i'm not sure myself), but I've changed it now so that dwarves are previous overseers.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: May 29, 2013, 03:20:28 pm »

I hope we can make it to my turn - I really wanna mess things up :P

Of course, I mean only in terms of production placement. TEAR IT ALL DOWN
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 03:22:24 pm by Pufferfish »
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 272