Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 777620 times)

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Wrath of the Voidgod (Deathgate II)
« Reply #1095 on: May 29, 2013, 03:35:18 pm »

Why are some usernames (including mine) written in bold letters on the dorfinator?

I BELIEVE I started that back when I originally made the Dorfinator. If I'm right it should denote members of the Founding 7 for the Reclaim. I could be wrong though.

Er, that might've been the case originally (i'm not sure myself), but I've changed it now so that dwarves are previous overseers.
Well, if that's the case you forgot Chimpanzee. And wrote dermonster in bold letters for some reason.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 05:20:55 am by Yuli Vlasi »
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

xSkeletalx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: May 29, 2013, 10:40:29 pm »

I'm looking forward to writing some journal entries once I'm finally dorfed!

Chimpanzee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: May 30, 2013, 12:09:28 am »

Er, that might've been the case originally (i'm not sure myself), but I've changed it now so that dwarves are previous overseers.
Well, if that's the case you missed Chimpanzee. And put dermonster on it for some reason.
Yes. I wondered why my name is not in bold. Maybe the corruption of the farm plot with was the reason Aslod was not memorialized.
Speaking of farms, where is all the rum gone? I have yet to hear from Anima about sweet pod farming.
"I am a Legandary Weaver! Nobody handles cloth like me"
"Yeah, that's great. Hey, are you done? If so, we need to smelt this ten thousand large load of hematite. I'll see you next month."
"WHAT AN OUTRAGE! I AM A LIVING LEGEND! I SHOULD BE WEAVING"
"That's nice. Tell you what, pretend you are weaving metal out of this ore. Now get to work."

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: May 30, 2013, 03:35:00 am »

The Chronicles of Murdermachines
Written by Krosan, Kobold Torturer
1st, Limestone
Punch a kobold, half a sock.  Whoop his ass for six hours!  A great deal!  For another half sock, you can use a club!
--My Advertisement on the Dining Room Wall

AnimaRytak was none to happy about my little engraving and, as punishment, I've become chronicler of Murdermachines for the next three months.  Now Puff has more time to haul that little leaf around for the next three hours.
Damn it he's such a lazy cod.
As an entrepreneur of a booming business, I find it reprehensible.  Least I would, if he was one of my slaves employees.
So myself, Saint, Thaddeus, and NRDL have been training non-stop for half a season now.  Thanks to AtomicAvocado's incessant desire to pull a lever, the training room has been giving us a workout.  We don't hold a candle to the ole' VG, but we'll damn fine dwarves in our own right.

3rd, Limestone
The poor saps in charge of carrying shit have the joy of moving every rock block to the surface for future expansion, by order of VG himself.  I've never been so happy to be an axedwarf in my life.

13th, Limestone
Saint's axedwarfship is growing at an exponential rate.  Within a week, he's surpassed Thaddeus, who leads our squad, and myself.
I'm a little proud of my fellow dwarf.

18th, Limestone
Thaddeus has a thing for his axe now.

Cool beans.
In other news...
MIGRANTS!
Delicious migrants.  Five of the little buggers. 
There's a presser/speardwarf; a butchery/tanner/gem setter; a dissector; a mason/detailer; and best of all, a miner.
The miner becomes the vessel of Dravek.
Dortimus takes the speardwarf.
Eoganatcha takes the brewer/butcher.
One of the novice marksdwarves becomes Minkerrow's host.
Ulborb, one of our original voiddwarves, takes over the mason.

Ho boy, the look on their face when I said, "Welcome back from the void bitches, start haulin!"
Priceless!

10th, Sandstone
Litlbear has some fucking balls, I'll tell ya.

Just napping in the corner of a danger room.  No fucks were given that day.

18th, Sandstone
The lack of lever pulling disturbs me.
However, my skills have made enormous strides this month.  I'm at a professional level with an axe now and a master fighter.  Thaddeus is my second in skill.
Saint has made little improvement.
I think he missed his dangly parts and is off pulling the lever.

27th, Sandstone
Out of booze.  Fort poised to lynch Eoganatcha.

9th, Timber
Booze acquired.  Eoganatcha's lynching postponed.

12th, Timber
A caravan from this world's mountainhome arrived today.  While we have a trade depot, we have no appraiser or broker.
Litlbear steps forward to be our broker.  The sheer mass of his dwarven testicles shall win us this day.
Just an observation, these merchants are all drunk as fuck.  Not a damn one of em can drive their wagons.  Two of em ran into the fortress wall far passed the entrance.

16th, Timber
Thad likes his shield now.  Damn it he's an odd bastard.
Really, just incredibly odd.
Yes, I just wrote that.

19th, Timber
The liaison actually talks to VG.  I swear to armok the liaison looked ready to drop a load in his shorts the entire time.
When the liaison asked what was requested of the mountainhome, VG replied, "Cheese."
Simple man.  Simple void god.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 03:37:15 am by AnimaRytak »
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: May 30, 2013, 03:40:08 am »

"W-w-w-w-what do you want?"
"...MORTAL. I COMMAND THEE. BRING ME CHEESE."

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: May 30, 2013, 05:23:24 am »

WHAT AIN'T A MOUNTAINHOME I EVER HEARD OF!
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

xSkeletalx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: May 30, 2013, 07:34:09 am »

8) Awesome! Mind posting a picture of my dwarf's status screen? I'd like to make my writing match!

Pie Maker

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_MAKE_PIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: May 30, 2013, 10:33:11 am »

I am going to sig this, if you don't mind.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: May 30, 2013, 01:20:53 pm »

Spoiler: Dravek (click to show/hide)
He also has one modest quarters.
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: May 30, 2013, 05:54:28 pm »

I must improve my axedwarfship to far more than merely Thaddeus if I ever want to exact vengeance on the Voidgod!

Some things can never be forgiven.

Never.

I will have my revenge for you hoarding the booze in a time of sobriety, AnimaRytak. Vengeance will be mine...soon.
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

Teh_Idort

• Bay Watcher
  • Oi u gobber.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: May 30, 2013, 08:45:41 pm »

I must improve my axedwarfship to far more than merely Thaddeus if I ever want to exact vengeance on the Voidgod!

Never.

I will have my revenge for you hoarding the booze in a time of sobriety, AnimaRytak. Vengeance will be mine...soon.

REDRUM, REDRUM, REDRUM

Is the Rum even red? Are sweet-pods red? Can this reference work here?
Treatment status: Success.
Patient status: Deceased.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: May 30, 2013, 09:00:36 pm »

Never.

REDRUM, REDRUM, REDRUM

Is the Rum even red? Are sweet-pods red? Can this reference work here?

We can always say it's a strawberry daiquiri.
Dwarven Daiquiri.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: May 31, 2013, 01:23:02 am »

Is the Rum even red?

It can be made red. Might ruin the taste a bit, though - coppery doesn't sound like a good flavor for alcohol.
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: May 31, 2013, 05:14:18 am »

Given the amount of slaughter that went on, it can be safely assumed that our rum in fact is red. And our plump helmets. And dogs.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: May 31, 2013, 08:56:39 pm »

Chronicles of Murdermachines
Written by the Void God
Winter
Winter has arrived.  The cold air does little to the bones of this body.  It's blood has been replaced with magma.  My flesh feels hot.
I like it.

6th, Moonstone
I've ordered Dravek to begin mining out mineral veins down in the mines.  He's been relieved of hauling duty.  Fungin has been instructed to build two smelters and get to work.
Since the stairwell down has been located, I've ordered Thaddeus and his squad to explore the depths of Murdermachines.

9th, Moonstone

We've discovered an extensive bunker carved out several floors down.
Farther down we discover an abandon smithy.
A magma smithy.
Fungin is ordered to abandon his smelters up top.
Murdermachines must have steel once more.

18th, Moonstone
Krosan has become an Axe Lord.
I look forward to unleashing him on our enemies.

5th, Opal
Thaddeus now likes his greaves.
Fetishist.

22nd, Opal
Krosan now has a thing for his axe.
Fetishist.

1st, Obsidian
Litlbear once again astounds us by sleeping outside in the stone block stockpile.

End of Year
Winter has passed with little notice.  Fungin continues to balance smelting and crafting stone pots.  Puff and AtomicAvocado continue to produce booze and meals for the fortress. Krosan, NRDL, Saint, and Thaddeus continue their training.  Three of them are Axelords, Saint continues to lag behind the others.

In the year since I have returned to this world, my brethern in my wake, we have reached seventeen in number.  While we still lack a manager, a booker keeper, or a real broker, we have a small yet capable military, the start of a metal industry, fertile farms, and myself.
The Voidwraith's have returned again.  Murdermachines stands tall against the world.  And I shall burn this world before the end. This time, there shall be no peace.  Murdermachines will drown in the blood of humans, elves, kobolds, goblins, and voidspawn.
My axe thirts.

(OOC: Very uneventful winter.  Save incoming.)
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 272