Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 777605 times)

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - A Glorious Revival! (Deathgate II)
« Reply #1110 on: May 31, 2013, 09:09:28 pm »

I...I think my dwarf is defective...somehow
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: May 31, 2013, 09:13:46 pm »

Save is here

And I think your lobster.  Thaddeus is... a weird one.

GentlemanRaptor, the ball is in your court!
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: May 31, 2013, 10:50:58 pm »

Alright, downloading the save now. Lemme see if I remember how to do this without getting everyone killed.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: May 31, 2013, 10:59:22 pm »

Okay, save downloaded. Uh, is there any particular reason for the wall around nothing just sitting outside? It's just around a 4x4 of grass and rushes...
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

xSkeletalx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: May 31, 2013, 11:19:35 pm »

I'm not great at MSPaint, but here's Dravek!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The following is a Dwarven journal, written on fine sheets of Pig Tail paper. The words run off the paper at many different points.

18th Limestone

Well now, it's been a while since I was this happy! After dozens of years floating around that purple and black Void, I had pretty much given up the hope of ever getting to feel the crunch of a pick against stone ever again. The last time I got to dig, I remember hearing a strange shrieking noise, and feeling an extremely sharp pain in the back of my skull, which must have killed me since everything stopped working and I fell on my face. As I was drawn from my body towards what I now know as the Void, I saw this gigantic brown colored spider chewing on my head - I think if I had still had a functional stomach, I would have vomited right there. When I got my first view of the Void, I was stunned. I had never seen anything so beautiful and frightening at the same time, except maybe ADAMANTIUM down in the mines. After a long time wandering and reminiscing about digging out a huge emerald vein, I heard this strange pulsing sound, almost like a deep drum, calling me towards this particularly bright point in the Void. Now I couldn't really say why, but I felt myself drawn to it, like a two legged rhino lizard to cheese. When I got close enough, it sucked me right through!

When I passed through that bright light, I found myself shooting towards the ground at an extremely rapid pace, heading directly towards what I noticed looked like a Dwarven fortress. I passed into this strange object that I have now learned is called 'The Beacon', and immediately felt something change. I felt wind in my hair, solid ground beneath my feet, (I had FEET again!) and even smelled the familiar odor of unwashed dwarven bodies. It really felt just like being home again! I also noticed that my new body seemed to be extremely strong, my arms are larger than my head! I looked around and saw the Void God, AnimaRytak standing before me. I was awed by the sheer power emanating from him... IT. When he spoke, I FELT it almost as much as I heard it.

"DRAVEK, I HAVE NEED OF YOU. THERE IS MUCH WORK TO BE DONE HERE, MUCH WEALTH OF THE EARTH FOR US TO RECLAIM. "

"You want me to dig? You've found the right dwarf, your Voidgodliness. I can hear th' ore calling me! I'll just be on my way to grab a pick, and get diggin'."

"DRAVEK. THE WORK TO BE DONE IS THE OTHER WAY."

"I'll be sure to get right on that, boss. Right after I grab a pint."

I wonder if any of the other boys around here know where I can get my hands on a nice goblet to drink out of. I'd hate to have to drink my first ale in years out of an Armok-be-damned MUG. What am I, an elf?

6th Moonstone

Well, the Void God found me after my 8th pint, and shoved a pick in my hands. He told me to ignore the piles of junk that many of the other dwarves were moving from place to place, and told me to start digging out whatever minerals and ores I found down in the mines. This is the best job I ever had! I carved out a couple chambers pretty quickly, dropping the good stuff in piles for the others to pick up. I got too much digging to do to be lugging leaves and sticks around all day. I put my own special design on the chambers too, I think Mr. Anima will be pleased.

I call them Rectangulars.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: May 31, 2013, 11:20:49 pm »

Madness, most likely.
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: May 31, 2013, 11:29:59 pm »

Okay. Well, that seems about right. I'll go ahead and work on getting an update together. Is there anything that really needs doing in the fort?

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: June 01, 2013, 04:21:43 am »

Primarily hauling.  Nothing else is really getting done.  I'd focus on getting a metal industry working and getting new military units trained.  Spring should bring you a large migrant wave of 20 or so so your dwarfpower should get a large boost, enough to disable hauling for key dwarves like masons and the like.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: June 01, 2013, 02:33:20 pm »

Damn and blast! DF crashed and threw me back to the end of Granite. The spring update will take a bit longer than I thought it would.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: June 02, 2013, 12:15:01 pm »

Whoa!
While I was on my vacations, you all made the fort crush to kobold ambush and then reclaimed it with the aid of Void God who's tore everything to pieces. Holy carp...  :o

I updated my dorfinator entry, now I want weapon or armorsmith who's being trained as hammerdwarf periodically.

And I'd like another turn in this.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 12:29:44 pm by peregarrett »
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: June 02, 2013, 03:03:20 pm »

Journal of Raptor, Overseer of Murdermachines Reclamation Force
26th Granite

Ah, it's good to be corporeal again! Well, it would be, except I leapt before I looked and possessed a woman. It's damned hard to tell gender from the void, especially with beards obscuring faces. The other dwarves are doing their best to fill me in on what happened in my absence, so I'll write it down here so I don't forget. One thing first, though:

What the hell is that? It's just a stone wall, sitting in the middle of the ground, surrounding nothing at all! Ah well. I'd best get to recording what happened in my absence.

6th Granite
Litlbear took it upon himself to become our bookkeeper. Not sure why, to be honest, but it can't be more boring than being the broker when no caravans are around.

18th Granite
NRDL was apparently being stalked by the ghost of Prosnorkulus. That must have been terrifying. I can just imagine him sparring away, with nothing wrong, when suddenly
that shows up behind you.

22nd Granite
The only record for today is something scribbled about "A dwarven child has" and nothing else. Weird. The child in question doesn't even exist...must be the work of him.

23rd Granite
The vessels migrants showed up. And a damn good thing, too, or I wouldn't be writing this!
Not counting myself, these dwarves now have fresh bodies:
Peregarrette
Tyler Durden
Prosnorkulus
Maxwell Edison
NCommander
Aoshi
Vendix
Oryx
The Mad Fool
Tryrar
squidmann
Voicesinthefan
Fungin
Greg
Scaliper
Microblighted

The Mad Fool ran off as soon as he finished possessing a suitable vessel, muttering about diagnosis and surgical implants. I'm sure he won't do too much harm. I'll just have him directed...away from the hospital.

28th Granite
I put a bit of effort into getting new dwarves into their preferred military positions.
Not all of them are training, but I'll get a schedule set up sometime.

1st Slate
Litlbear locked herself in her office, muttering something about "highest precision". I think she means to update the stockpile records.

12th Slate
Oh, for Armok's sake! Who let the fucking duck into the danger room?

Gah! Now there's blood all over the walls. Well, at least something good got done today. Absent a proper archery room, I designated this area to be dug out to provide practice for the archers.

25th Slate
The archery range would be ready by now, if anyone would finish building the damn thing! Ulborb is off polishing floors, and god knows where the architects have gotten to. I just wish there wasn't so much hauling to do around here, because then there would be time for real work to get done.

3rd Felsite
I was walking along today, and I saw this:
In case you can't tell, that's a llama. In the middle of our underground fortress. Why on earth anyone would keep a llama inside I have no idea, but I think I'm going to have harsh words with Dortimus about this one. I told him he wasn't allowed to practice on the pregnant livestock...

17th Felsite
A caravan of those elven scum arrived today.
We shall crush and rend their flesh-wait, we have to be diplomatic, don't we. Ah, well. Rending can wait.

20th Felsite
That's odd. Udib Berasmel took one look at the elves and then ran off, acting all secretive. I think he's been taken by a strange mood. He'd better make something useful.

22nd Felsite
The elves have made it to the depot, but Litlbear is off somewhere drinking. He'd better come soon, or
Shit! An ambush! Good thing the traders got inside. Now all that's left to do is wait...

23rd Felsite
The Void God...he just tore them apart like they were tissue paper!
I swear to Armok I saw him tear a leg off with his teeth! I fear for any soul who encroaches on our fortress...

24th Felsite
Litlbear decided that, since the traders are here, it would be a good time for a nap. He needs to learn discipline. Maybe some time in the danger room would suffice. But the news is not all bad. Udib began work on his construction. Hopefully it will be useful, instead of something like a hatch cover!

28th Felsite
He made a bloody hatch cover. Of all the things he could have possibly made...
The narcissist even named it after himself!

OOC: And thus ends spring. Sorry about the size of the screenshots, I had to spoiler them as they were taking up too much space. Here are the full logs for AnimaRytaks's single handed slaughter of the kobolds.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: June 02, 2013, 05:06:00 pm »

Hey, artifact hatch covers are useful! I'm pretty sure artifact doors and hatches are immune to breakage. We could brick up all the other entrances, ditch the walls, and have a single down staircase into the fort - covered by the hatch! This entrance would be completely immune to invaders.

Also, is that Ironhand? I approve.

EDIT: rough wall tiles unfamiliar. Guess revised to Phoebus.
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: June 02, 2013, 06:14:24 pm »

Your first guess was right. I know the hatch cover is useful, but I was hoping for a cool weapon. To be honest, when I saw him grabbing microcline I knew to expect something like this. I do like the platypus styling, though.

Teh_Idort

• Bay Watcher
  • Oi u gobber.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: June 02, 2013, 06:54:38 pm »

In case you can't tell, that's a llama. In the middle of our underground fortress. Why on earth anyone would keep a llama inside I have no idea, but I think I'm going to have harsh words with Dortimus about this one. I told him he wasn't allowed to practice on the pregnant livestock...

I'm sorry boss, I just can't let go of my first body's habits.... Female creatures just should not have babies within them. Besides, twice the experience.
Treatment status: Success.
Patient status: Deceased.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: June 02, 2013, 07:35:07 pm »

Your first guess was right. I know the hatch cover is useful, but I was hoping for a cool weapon. To be honest, when I saw him grabbing microcline I knew to expect something like this. I do like the platypus styling, though.

Yeah, the platypus is a nice touch. The hanging rings might make finding the handle a bit difficult, though...

And it is Ironhand? Huh. I don't remember microcline walls looking like that, but I haven't found much microcline recently. Approval restored.
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 272