Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 777585 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - A Glorious Revival! (Deathgate II)
« Reply #1185 on: June 08, 2013, 02:19:31 pm »

I was referring to the (admittedly unlikely) event of the Void God hilariously getting bitten by a voidspawn and turning on the fort >:D
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: June 08, 2013, 05:43:32 pm »

Okay. Summer update is almost ready, but meanwhile, know this: AnimaRytak's dorf's title is "The Foggy Book of Maws". Doesn't that sound just lovely?
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: June 08, 2013, 06:28:40 pm »

Gah, I forgot about this formality, but please add me back onto the overseer list for a point at which we get done with new people turns and start moving on to second turns.

YES YOU HEARD ME, I'M NOT DONE LOSING YET
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Teh_Idort

• Bay Watcher
  • Oi u gobber.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: June 08, 2013, 08:40:47 pm »

YES YOU HEARD ME, I'M NOT DONE LOSING YET

(Queue evil laughter)
Treatment status: Success.
Patient status: Deceased.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: June 10, 2013, 09:53:12 am »

Murdermachines is many things.

Being on the second page is not one of them.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: June 10, 2013, 01:12:39 pm »

Sorry, sorry. I'll have the update up today, and the rest within the week.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 01:59:16 pm by GentlemanRaptor »
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: June 10, 2013, 04:58:42 pm »

Journal of Raptor, Overseer of Murdermachines Reclamation Force

2nd Hematite
Well, I had a look at what our elven friends had the decency not to get too much blood on, and I found these two:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What the hell are we supposed to do with them? I guess we could set them up linked to pressure plates to be released as a trap, but everyone around here is too busy.
Maybe the next poor sod to run this place will do something about it.

4th Hematite
Oh shit. I went down to the danger room today to train, and, when I walked in, I saw the dead body of Maxwell Edison. Apparently he'd been lying there since Felsite, when one of those spears jammed his skull into his brain. That was unpleasant to look at. I need someone to haul the body, before it begins to rot.

8th Hematite
The Mad Fool came up to me in the hallway today, and asked if he could be the Chief Medical Dwarf. I almost said no, but then I realized that if he was in charge of the hospital then any "experiments" he performed would get cleaned up faster by the medical staff, and he wouldn't be tempted to use me as a test subject. He claimed that his current body (which is a woman, by the way) is a great diagnostician, but I'm skeptical. After I appointed him, he ran away, looking for a lab coat.

17th Hematite
Gah! I told the idiots to keep the door tightly closed, but did they listen? Nooo. A blue peachick got into the danger room today, and was promptly impaled. I hope nobody liked the damned thing.

25th Hematite
Oh Armok save us. I was looking at the artifacts in the fortress, and one depicts a book entitled "The Voidspawn For The Beginning Practitioner". I really hope that book doesn't exist, or else we're gonna be in a world of pain.

26th Hematite
Dortimus has grown attached to his cloak! Fetishist.

25th Malachite
Over the course of the last few days, Prosnorkulus has become a mace lord, Tryrar has become a swordsmaster, and SanDiego has become a hammer lord. Our military is shaping up!

27th Malachite
Migrants! More of the souls of our brethren now can cross into this world. In total, the newly arrived bodysnatchers are:
AseaHeru
Baltharaaz
Brokenmind
Pitchblende
UristMcDead

2nd Galena
Scaliper has become a spearmaster! He seemed so happy when I talked to him.

3rd Galena
Tryrar has grown attached to a larch short sword. This isn't good. He can't use a wooden sword forever...

7th Galena
Oh shit. Shitshitshit.
Prosnorkulus is injured. Dammit, where is The Mad Fool when you need him?

10th Galena
Prosnorkulus is in the hospital, and out of danger, thankfully. I just hope he gets treated soon. An attack could happen at any time.

15th Galena
So, I was heading down to train in the danger room, and I heard a scream. I went to check it out, and I saw the ghost of noodle0117, standing over the still-warm corpse of our manager! I ran for the masons straight away, to see if anyone could make a slab, but they are all of on other work or in the military. Shit.

20th Galena
Kobolds showed up today. I was going to send out the Void God to handle them, but then an Olm Man chased them off the premises!

OOC: And such ends Summer. I was really not expecting noodle's ghost to come back and start killing people, but I've learned my lesson.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: June 10, 2013, 05:43:17 pm »

Well, I had a look at what our elven friends had the decency not to get too much blood on, and I found these two:
Oooo! A giant spider! Free sil- WHAT!?! "Jumping spider?" No web? Kill the useless abomination! Burn it with fire!
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: June 10, 2013, 06:35:55 pm »

Yes, i've been dorfed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When do I die?

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: June 10, 2013, 07:56:58 pm »

Yes, i've been dorfed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When do I die?
Since these forts tend to be the incarnations of anyone can die, I would say odds are good that you will die within an in-game year or two.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 08:58:16 pm by GentlemanRaptor »

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: June 10, 2013, 10:16:10 pm »

I think the danger room is leaning a bit towards the "execution chamber" end of the room-of-spikes spectrum. Might want to make fixing that a priority...
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: June 10, 2013, 11:00:08 pm »

That's not training spear made by some friendly dorf! That's battle spear of elven creation, that's why it tends to kill everyone!
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: June 11, 2013, 05:34:42 am »

So, let me sum it up - we got training room that randomly maims and kills its users, in addition to any animal stupid enough to venture in; Noodle has returned and is killing everyone he can lay his hands on and Mad Fool is chief medical dwarf.
Rock on, Murdermachines.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: June 11, 2013, 06:39:33 am »

... what if we let Void God into it?
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: June 11, 2013, 09:12:46 am »

So, let me sum it up - we got training room that randomly maims and kills its users, in addition to any animal stupid enough to venture in; Noodle has returned and is killing everyone he can lay his hands on and Mad Fool is chief medical dwarf.
Rock on, Murdermachines.

I love how The Mad Fool being chief medical dwarf is a calamity on par with a murderous ghost and repeated impalings.

Also, I like that the danger rooms periodically kills someone!  How else can it weed out the weak and unworthy?
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 272