Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 777591 times)

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - A Glorious Revival! (Deathgate II)
« Reply #1215 on: June 13, 2013, 03:14:38 pm »

Sure.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: June 14, 2013, 01:56:29 am »

May I see my dorf's profile too, please? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: June 14, 2013, 08:36:10 am »

You got it.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: June 14, 2013, 09:14:38 am »

Journal of Raptor, Overseer of Murdermachines Reclamation Force

5th Limestone
SanDiego has given birth to a girl! The miracle of childbirth was slightly dulled by the fact that the child was promptly possessed by Samwise Gamgee, our resident Mad Hermit.

8th Limestone
Baltharaaz has become a swordsmaster! He seemed really proud of himself, but he soon got back to dodging spikes.

10th Limestone
Dammit! The danger room's at it again. Microblighted took a wooden spear to the stomach and is puking all over the place.
Wait...shitshitshit. I forgot to take SanDiego off the military roster. I hope the child is okay...

11th Limestone
So, I stopped the danger room, but it doesn't look like that child will walk again without getting some medical assistance. Which SanDiego seems loath to do, simply carrying Samwise around all day.

28th Limestone
The ghost of AnimaRytak II just showed up and promptly killed our manager. He apparently died of terror. This is the second manager I've lost to a ghost! Dammit, I need someone to build those bloody slabs!

9th Sandstone
I finally got around to appointing a new manager. For some reason, nobody wanted the job! It's not as if all of their predecessors have died hideously...wait.

11th Sandstone
Aoshi was possessed today.
He promptly ran down and claimed a jewelers workshop.
I hope something useful comes of this...

12th Sandstone
Aoshi began building...something earlier today. I have no idea what, though.

17th Sandstone
It's a hatch cover. Why did I expect anything else?
It doesn't even have a platypus on it!

20th Sandstone
Migrants have arrived!
Flame has joined the ranks of out brethren with physical bodies.

10th Timber
Peregarrette has become a hammer lord! She looked awfully happy with herself, even after training in a room covered in the blood and vomit of a child.

OOC: If I don't miss my guess, the Dwarven caravan is coming soon. Any novelties requested?

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: June 14, 2013, 10:56:56 am »

Wait... I gave birth? Identity crisis imminent.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

Chimpanzee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: June 14, 2013, 11:09:54 am »

Wait, Scaliper gets an empty death announcement? This bugs me. :-X

Also, can I please see the profiles and skills of my pair of dwarves?
"I am a Legandary Weaver! Nobody handles cloth like me"
"Yeah, that's great. Hey, are you done? If so, we need to smelt this ten thousand large load of hematite. I'll see you next month."
"WHAT AN OUTRAGE! I AM A LIVING LEGEND! I SHOULD BE WEAVING"
"That's nice. Tell you what, pretend you are weaving metal out of this ore. Now get to work."

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: June 14, 2013, 12:21:46 pm »

There was only ever one Fungin. Sorry. That was an error on my part, and a bug in Dwarf Therapist. Fungin's page is here:

InZane

• Bay Watcher
  • [PIMP_CANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: June 14, 2013, 03:27:26 pm »

May I see my dorf's profile too, please?
I PTW anything that seems interesting

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: June 14, 2013, 04:34:39 pm »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: June 15, 2013, 02:26:58 am »

Artifact hatch cover isn't that useless. It's perfect for keeping clowns under control and it's probably best kind of artifact that one can make at jewelers workshop.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: June 15, 2013, 07:45:07 am »

It's not that it's useless, but it is the second artifact hatch cover made in a single year.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: June 15, 2013, 09:00:48 am »

It's not that it's useless, but it is the second artifact hatch cover made in a single year.

So now we have TWO indestructible staircase coverings. I fail to see how this is undesirable.
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: June 15, 2013, 02:19:08 pm »

So now we have TWO indestructible staircase coverings. I fail to see how this is undesirable.
It isn't! It is very desirable.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: June 15, 2013, 08:08:11 pm »

Journal of Raptor, Overseer of Murdermachines Reclamation Force

16th Timber
Dwarven merchants have arrived! And they brought an outpost liaison! Let's hope they brought the cheese, too...

18th Timber
noodle0117's ghost is being a nuisance again. He just battered Peregarrette! That is it. I'm having slabs built for noodle0117 and AnimaRytak II.

19th Timber

The merchants began unloading today. Nothing else of note.

20th Timber
The liaison met with AnimaRytak today. I didn't see much of the conversation, but it looked like the liaison was quite happy to oblige any import demands we offered. Especially cheese imports...I guess AnimaRytak really made an impact on the last liaison.

23rd Timber
Rest in peace, noodle0117, you murderous bastard, you.

26th Timber
Well, two for one, today. AnimaRytak II (I'm not sure how he can even have a ghost) was put to rest,
and trade was concluded with our brethren. Apparently we got away with quite a bit of cheese, some other food, and a few quivers for the marksdwarves in exchange for gold bars. Amazing what gold will do for you.

8th Moonstone
Damn shame. Samwise Gamgee succumbed to an infection today. Something could have been done for the poor bastard, if only his mother had stopped carrying him around and taken him to the hospital. Some people.

18th Moonstone
The merchants have left. I do hope they speak kindly of us. A better rep in the mountainhomes means more vessels for the void-bound.

10th Opal
The danger room strikes again. Urist McDead took a spear to the guts and started vomiting all over the place. He'll be fine, but the danger room is a bit slipperier now.

17th Opal
Nasty snow storm today. Winter is definitely here.

18th Opal
I had to take Greg off the military roster today. He isn't injured, but he's the only one in the fort who can treat Prosnorkulus.

23rd Opal
Eoganachta was taken by a fey mood today.
He immediately seized a jewelers workshop.
To my surprise, he started work immediately!

28th Opal
I caught Prosnorkulus wandering the halls today. When I asked him where he was going, he said "The danger room, of course! Greg sutured my head right up!" I quickly turned him right back around. He may be healed now, but that doesn't mean he's ready to go back in there.

2nd Obsidian
Eoganachta finished his artifact today. It is...a perfect schorl! No, I don't know what it is, either.
It is menacing, though.

17th Obsidian
Tomio's ghost knocked over a table. Considering what kinda shit we've gotten from ghosts recently, I think I'll let this one slide.

25th Obsidian
Dammit! The voidspawn are back!
I've sent the civilians to lockdown. Hopefully AnimaRytak can handle this...

27th Obsidian
Wow. AnimaRytak single-handedly destroyed that ambush. Scribbles was watching from the upper fort, and he took down notes on the combat. I've recorded them here.

1st Granite
Well, this marks the end of my overseership. The voidspawn threw us one hell of an early New Years party, but AnimaRytak handled that excellently. Now, I'm off to get some...wait. Where the fuck did the rum go?

Save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7761

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: June 15, 2013, 08:20:59 pm »

Someone should probably do something about that spear...
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 272