Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 777633 times)

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - A Glorious Revival! (Deathgate II)
« Reply #1275 on: June 24, 2013, 04:54:26 pm »

I'm churning our armour as fast as they make the steel bars.
And, yes, AnimaRytak heals freakishly fast.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: June 26, 2013, 05:03:56 am »

So somehow after I killed the kobold I stopped receiving Emails whenever there was a reply. Anyways, can I see my dwarfs status?
I couldn't find you amongst the living, nor in our (quite extensive) list of dead. So, I'll redorf you at the nearest opporturnity. Also, final update later today.
------------------------------UPDATE--------------------------------
Journal of SanDiego, master of all things mechanical
1st Moonstone 206

The meat is a bit rubbery, but the webbing gives it a piquant note. Unfortunately, the shell was too damaged to recover. But we got plenty of meat. It's heart alone is large enough to feed several dwarves.
17th Moonstone 206
The liaison has finally finished his talks. Here is the order from mountainhomes.

And Mayor is mandating mittens of all things. Mittens.
And Baltharaaz is back. And has a hammer.

10th Opal 206
As year slowly draws to an end, metalworks and *cough* everything else goes on smoothly. Our tombs are vastly expanded, but I fear I still do not have enough coffins. I have assured large stock of ballista arrows. Also, given our growing numbers, Raptor has been named Captain of the Guard, instead of sherrif. He immediately informed me, we need more chains for the criminal scum. Whatever. Also, we have something of a food issue, but I'm rectifying that.
14th Opal 206
No sooner than the last mitten left the workshop, Mayor imposed ban on mitten export. I'm starting to suspect a connection here.
28th Opal 206
The food crisis has been somewhat averted. I'm issuing more and more bolts for our hunters and reducing some of the superfluous livestock. Yet it would seem that everyone eats things before they arrive to the stockpile.
3rd Obsidian 206
THERE ARE PLANTS IN THE FIELDS! MOVE YOU MORONS! YES, THAT MEANS YOU!
6 th Obsidian 206
Not long before the new year, a new sould arrived from the void.

And a different sould arrived to howl through our chaotic halls. More coffins, damnit!
13th Obsidian 206
A baby boom is going on in fortress. No less than three children have been born in the past days.
22nd Obsidian 206
A particularly adventurous kobold thief appeared at our doorstep. Unfortunately, he got away unharmed.
Also, to make a shitty day worse a goblin ambush has sprung on one of ourh hunters.
I can count four pikemen and one swordsman. We are assembling topside right now. They brought a master thief with them, but he now enjoys the hospitability of our wooden cages. Another one showef up just to follow his comrade's fate.
Dtto the third one. I suspect they use them to clear way through our traps.
28th Obsidian 206
Goblins have succesfully been chased away after but a short skirmish. Their only casualty was a swordsman, killed by Mortis.
1st Granite 207
Thus ends my year as overseer of this hellhole glorious fortress. I'm more than ready for some rest.
OOC part: All things considered, this has been a fun year. I tested the ballistas, I didn't kill too many people, built helluva lot of coffins, put some ghosts to rest and so on. Some tips for next ruler: we have quite large contingen of captives. Including a lot of voidspawn in cages. I leave it to your imagination.  Everyone on the dorfinator should be alive. And I NEED to sign up for another turn.
Also, built the goddamn coffins. Rmm is still rotting in the temple.

So, DFFD is acting wierd for me, so I uploaded here instead: http://leteckaposta.cz/224411474
Just click the link that says 'region1.zip'
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 08:48:52 am by SanDiego »
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: June 26, 2013, 09:36:46 am »

How many dwarves do we have now?
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: June 26, 2013, 09:56:17 am »

Circa one hundred living and about four times as much dead. Also, some ghosts. But they mostly just topple things and make noise.
Note: dead means everything that died to this time.

Teh_Idort

• Bay Watcher
  • Oi u gobber.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: June 26, 2013, 11:02:05 am »

Quote from: SanDiego
Hey man,
your turn is up.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121407.msg4350124#msg4350124

pls no.

pls.

(Will get it set up later today)
Treatment status: Success.
Patient status: Deceased.

squiddwarf16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: June 26, 2013, 11:50:42 am »

I want to check out the fort but it says it will take days to download the file. The world cant really be that big can it?

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: June 26, 2013, 11:56:40 am »

It's roughly 58 MB.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: June 26, 2013, 01:28:30 pm »

How is the void god doing? His busted skull fixed up yet?

Teh_Idort

• Bay Watcher
  • Oi u gobber.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: June 26, 2013, 02:33:02 pm »

How is the void god doing? His busted skull fixed up yet?

He got it sutured and set, his ability to grasp is impaired imbued with the void, he has motor and sensory nerve damage a great amount of humility and is trying to give anything he fights a fair chance at fighting.

The poor bastard's hair and beard are torn apart though, that seems to be his worst injury, and insult to Armok that his glorious mane is damaged

Also, Why did nobody tell me I had no right hand? This makes it very hard to make my character anything else but a chronic plump helmet beater.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: June 26, 2013, 05:12:46 pm »

Also, Why did nobody tell me I had no right hand? This makes it very hard to make my character anything else but a chronic plump helmet beater.
Yeah, right, you had a kind of accident at the voidspawn party.

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: June 28, 2013, 04:57:29 pm »

From the Journal of The Mad Fool Enshalastesh:

How considerate of my compatriots!  They have so thoughtfully provided me with a vessel with new sexual characteristics!  I had all but exhausted my opportunities for experimentation after two reincarnations, and this opens up ever new avenues for research.  Not to mention, there's some fellow following me around, saying he's my spouse or something.  Well, I can always use new research subjects, and he has been so kind as to always be on hand.

~~~~~

It seems this vessel is pregnant.  How inconvenient.  Well, this fortress will always require additional podlings for our kind to inhabit, so I suppose it is a good thing that this vessel is spawning one.  In order to ensure the infant vessel's health, I have doubled my daily alcohol intake.  I will increase it further as required.

I have begun to consider some possible projects which may improve the strength of this fortress' defenses, after the success of my last graft.

~~~~~

I seem to have given birth.  I hadn't even noticed at first, but then I realized that there was one more person wailing than usual in my laboratory.  The podling is male, it seems, and Samwise has inhabited the vessel.  I don't know why he wanted it.  Bloody thing can't even stand on its own power yet.

~~~~~

Record of Test Subject #36 here commences.
Name of Subject: Rmm
Condition: Torn Spine
Treatments Administered: Spinal vivisection, followed by application of surgical hammer for purposes of realignment.
Treatment status: Success.  Spine was successfully realigned and vivisection closed.
Cause of Death: Blood loss and blunt force trauma to spinal column.
Notes:
It seems his nervous system did not take well to being pounded on with a hammer.  A convenient result, as I was short on AB Negative.

~~~~~

AnimaRytak had decided to wade into battle naked.  An ingenious stratagem, and one which has given me some ideas....

Incidentally, I have sewn him back together, though his beard and hair was quite beyond repair with current methods. I am also thinking about solutions to that problem.

~~~~~

Teh_Idort has come to me complaining of a missing right hand.  Apparently, he hadn't noticed, at which point I pointed out that it must not have been very important, then.  Besides, if he thinks I'm going to take his hand out of the incubator and ruin a perfectly good experimental culture just for him, he's sadly mistaken.  Of course, I didn't mention the incubator thing to him.  According to Nail Bunny, such news may upset him.

In other news, I have been learning a few rudiments of social interaction.  I think I am making progress.

Now if only this one would hold still, he wouldn't knock away the clamps and bleed so much.  Perhaps I should tie him down.  No...I am nearly finished anyways, and he'll stop screaming eventually.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 05:36:07 pm by The Mad Fool »
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: June 28, 2013, 05:06:01 pm »

Deathgate medical practice at its finest!
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: June 28, 2013, 09:11:55 pm »

Anyone else notice that something seems to have gone wrong, link-wise, with the future overseer list in the OP?
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: June 28, 2013, 09:33:38 pm »

Yeah, there's a malformed url tag.
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: June 29, 2013, 02:25:44 am »

From the Journal of The Mad Fool Enshalastesh:

~~~~~

AnimaRytak had decided to wade into battle naked.  An ingenious stratagem, and one which has given me some ideas....

Incidentally, I have sewn him back together, though his beard and hair was quite beyond repair with current methods. I am also thinking about solutions to that problem.

When you can use your dick as a club, your damn right its ingenious.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 272