Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 785777 times)

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - A Glorious Revival! (Deathgate II)
« Reply #1320 on: July 03, 2013, 08:18:19 am »

So...we have to make a concerted effort to be insane, just to make up for not being mad enough earlier?
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: July 03, 2013, 09:21:50 am »

So...we have to make a concerted effort to be insane, just to make up for not being mad enough earlier?

Sums it up nicely.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: July 03, 2013, 09:56:04 am »

Quite so.

MR Demigod, a regiment of your finest ducks, if you will!

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: July 04, 2013, 03:15:42 am »

So, DFFD is acting wierd for me, so I uploaded here instead: http://leteckaposta.cz/224411474
Just click the link that says 'region1.zip'

Hey could you please  try again with dffd, it took hours to get the file off that site and now it won't unzip with winzip because it "isn't a valid archive"?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 03:19:38 am by thegoatgod_pan »
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: July 04, 2013, 04:57:08 am »

Yay! It works!
Updated upload of the save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7807
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

squiddwarf16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: July 04, 2013, 09:00:12 pm »

Now I'm able to take a look at it! cool! BTW I think I found the squidmann that was the squidmann before the other squidmann... I'm talking about the kobold killing squidmann. The graphics pack changes some of the letters but from what I can see his name is something like Rovod Moruossek. He is a millitary captain that is nopt even part of an existing squad and he has one kill. A kobold. He is also listed right next to the wood cutters which is what  squidmann was before he killed that one kobold.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: July 05, 2013, 07:49:52 am »

Ah, well, there are multiple dwarves whose names were somehow disappeared. I suspect Terry.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: July 06, 2013, 05:20:46 am »

I played through most of spring.
This is a complex and messy fort. 
With some super weird art.

I think I will devote my time here to organizing and streamlining and training up a nice army with our veterans teaching the numerous unarmed but skilled migrants.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: July 06, 2013, 11:21:02 am »

I haven't read this thread since page 11. Anything happen to Jables while I was gone?
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: July 06, 2013, 12:54:42 pm »

He got eaten by the FB that more or less destroyed our fort.

AMBASSADOR left us in such bad shape that by the time my reign rolled around, one minor screwup later we got destroyed by freakin' kobold raiders. Jables was well dead by that point; Dorfinator says he was killed trying to rescue Baelor II from AMBASSADOR.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: July 08, 2013, 11:06:51 pm »

Badump...

Badump...

Badump...

Badump...

(Is that me bumping the thread? Or has some creature awakened in the night...?)
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: July 09, 2013, 05:15:05 am »

Spring:

I just moved here with my husband and we both got drafted into the militia. Also apparently I am the best manager of the fort. Guess I get an office.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm the fort manager and hell if I know how to manage it. There is rubbish everywhere, for reasons unknown there are old skeletons of legendary dwarves lying in the main staircase and no one is bothering to bury them. Some poor fucker just got possessed by a ghost. Probably lucky he wasn't a miner or woodsman.

Plus look at the godawful mess still waiting outside:
Hell no, I am not cleaning that up.

No, I'm going to focus on small improvements. Like getting food, since we don't have any, apparently, barely enough to last the spring and more than a hundred mouths to feed.

Meanwhile some asshole runs every which way around the fort, gathers up enough leather for a full suit of armor and makes...have you guessed it?
An Armok-be-damned glove! Not just any glove mind you: asshole proudly said it's called "Autumngilt", on account of it being springtime, I guess. It is sporting two orange monkeys, some book and a picture of totally different goddamn fort being founded!  I almost threw the traitor out.

It was just at the end of spring, that a group of goblins came raiding. It was a small siege, but crafty. Naturally our brave soldiers resolved to act like idiots.

Sniper strayed outside with her child and nearly tripped over a kobold. With goblins just a few urists away, behind the cover of trees she tore the hell out of that kobold, giving torturing lessons and pointers to her baby all the while:

Luckily, she finished it off at the right time, and barely missed the gobbos.

Microblight was a whole lot less lucky. He went to "get equipment". Apparently from the goblins:

He doesn't make it, but neither do the goblins.
The siege ends, but we've got bigger problems:

Sure the ghostly guy is an issue, but the food shortage. That's a real problem... We are going to be eating vermin soon if something doesn't change. All we've got to eat is tallow and eggs and the cooks just aren't cooking it fast enough.

Summer:

Oh yeah, and did I mention? That buzzing sound we've been hearing in the deep rocks by the forges? Yeah, well it wasn't just volcanic gases:

Naturally I sent the army down. They hung about for half a month, while the damn thing visited every other part of the cavern but ours.

When it came it was fast, it knocked two of our boys into the cavern lake:

They didn't make it out of the cavern. I still see their armor shining through the dark water.  We got the mosquito though. The gladiator was the day's hero. After the thing swept the two into the water, it nearly flew up again, but the gladiator took a running start, jumped and bit the fucker right on the leg:

Big fucking mosquito or not, it still can't fly around dragging a steel-clad dwarf. The gladiator got the killing blow too:

Saddest thing about the whole affair (aside from the drowned dwarves) was that the Mosquito wasn't even edible. A third of the fort is now hunting for small vermin. Some are rioting. Some even murdering:
Pretty solid case:

Did it right in the middle of the barracks too. Poor macedwarf sod. No trial for San Diego, he is a war hero still, we need all the swords we can get and his killed a damn titan:

Another siege! Our food problems are about to get a bit smaller, provided as many dwarves as I think are going to die:

Voiceinthefan and her baby were just outside the gates. The goblin master archer raised his bow. Fired. Fired again. Fired a third, a fourth and a fifth time. Voiceinthefan wasn't even running. I don't think she even saw the damn goblins. We saw them...Armok did we see them...After the sixth shot the lashers started laughing at the elite archer. He cursed at them something horrible, took aim at Voiceinthefan and saw both her and her baby turn a corner out of sight. Some unlucky woodburner took that exact moment to turn the same corner. It didn't go well, he took one shot but this time, it was all he needed:

We clash with them briefly and lose three men to archer fire:

Backing up, our stalwards line the entrance hall waiting for the goblins to come to us. Just then a second siege appeared:

Voidspawn. I hoped to never the see the evil things again. 

The goblins and the void spawn head right for each other:
The meeting is what you'd call "decisive":

We sit this one out behind the gate:

The goblins get killed pretty quickly but we get odd reports of the void spawn slaughtering each other in the northeast. We ignore them. We've got bigger problems: a single troll survivor breaks from the combat and runs screaming into our battle line. The void spawn follow:

A few minutes later and I was slain:
At least it was fast, though my foot hurt like hell. My spirit hovered over the battlefield before settling into another skilled manager. Our army rallied pretty well despite my fall. Oryx the Mad God especially distinguished himself gaining a title:

The Mountainous Abysses of Sourness. Has a nice ring to it. 

Oryx went to sleep after the battle, but some of the younger, less experienced dwarves wanted to check out the site where the void spawn were slaughtering each other. Only one seemed to still be standing, covered in the viscera of his fellows.

It seemed like an easy kill...

Prosnorkulus fell first, his spine shattered. Like a true dwarven hero he kept nudging the enemy with his inert, paralyzed body up until the very end:

Next it beheaded the murderer El Mechanico and injected its foul poison into another dwarf:

This one, a fellow named Mortis only lasted a few seconds after the bite, so he didn't suffer from the poison overlong:

Baltaraaz the Obliterator barely put up a struggle:

At this point the army began to panic, running from the thing which at this point barely dragged itself around, the horrid Granite Amethyst, even with missing limbs, more than a match for our forces:

Finally, it is the legendary AnimaRytak that slays the beast, cutting it in half as it feasted upon yet another militia soldier:

Thus ended the great siege.

Fall:

All fall we built a palisade I felt would improve our ability to expand on the surface. After his heroics AnimaRytak was possessed by an angry ghost and nearly killed a few civilians. I locked him in his room until the frenzy passed.

Greg went melancholy over the slain Prosnorkulus.
A surprising number of infants died of thirst

The traders came and dammit if I didn't buy up every bit of food they had in exchange for the traditional dwarf export: gold bars and bloodied torn clothing.

Winter:

A weaponsmith forged a damn fine warhammer
Think I'll give it to the militia commander.

It was only 15 days before my term ended when another siege came. I'll deal with that tale tomorrow.
____
sorry for delays, I'm almost done with the year, will post the save tomorrow.I'll put a picture of the warhammer up too. it's copper, but hey it's an artifact!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 05:19:49 am by thegoatgod_pan »

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: July 09, 2013, 05:16:19 am »

oops double posted--guess I'll modify this one tomorrow to post the save.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 05:21:49 am by thegoatgod_pan »

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: July 09, 2013, 06:18:16 pm »

Do I yet live?
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 272