Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 787090 times)

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - A Glorious Revival! (Deathgate II)
« Reply #1410 on: August 04, 2013, 05:51:37 pm »

He did that last time.

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: August 04, 2013, 06:46:00 pm »

Yes.  Don't worry if an eldritch manifestation of our own madness leaks into the physical world because that happens every time.  That's reassuring, right?
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.

chaosgear

• Bay Watcher
  • Pants-on-head retarded
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: August 04, 2013, 11:03:19 pm »

Sorry, I'd love to, but life Terry just struck like lightning. I can't.
Ah, so it was Terry that gave my grandfather a stroke, caused him to start hallucinating, and hasn't let him sleep for three days?

Dangit, Terry, now I have to be with him every second of every day.
Dangit, Terry.
I always seem to end up with a magnificent burial complex and nowhere near enough bodies to fill it, or far too many bodies and nowhere to put any of them.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: August 05, 2013, 05:11:37 pm »

We have done it. We have released Him out. Run, run while there is still time.

OOC: Hang tight, chaosgear, most stroke victims gradually return as close to normal as possible, it all depends on their will to learn (speaking from the unfortunate experience with my own grandfather).
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: August 05, 2013, 08:07:57 pm »

My turn again, eh? I'll play tomorrow, free time for tonight has dropped off to "none".

Sorry about your grandpa, Chaosgear. Hope he recovers.
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: August 06, 2013, 02:37:26 pm »

Yeah, nevermind. Go ahead and skip me, sorry for making you guys wait a day :( I've got a paper I've procrastinated on for too long to write.
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: August 06, 2013, 05:43:16 pm »

From the Journal of The Mad Fool Enshalastesh:
Whispers in the dark....

It took me a long time, but my endeavors are slowly coming to fruition.  I never before realized just how much I had been held back by the petty moralities of my fellow dwarf.  Morality!  Pfah!  As if such sentiment was even relevant, given the magnitude of what I am trying to accomplish.

The Danger Room was quite a breakthrough in it all.  I should have realized it sooner, but it took the collapse of the first fortress for the idea to truly sink in.  Dwarves thrive in adversity.  They grow strong with pain!  The weak die, the strong survive and become stronger.  That is nature.  That is dwarf-kind!  And so, whispers in the dark become the light of inspiration.

I had to dig deep to conceal my activities.  They'll understand eventually, but the time for that is not yet at hand.  The plan is simple, really.  Begin early.  Waste not a second of a Dwarf's life.  And so they are refined, with claw and spear and fire.  The children will grow amidst the wild dogs, and those that claw out from the ravening heap shall be strong by their very birth.  And then they will be baptized.  A baptism of fire, such that they will not fear the flames of hell nor the tips of spears, for their very skin shall be forged from the boiling blood of the deepest earth.  They will train within a rain of blades, until they are nothing but hardened bone, steely muscle, and iron will.  From twenty I will refine one.  From a hundred will emerge five.

And then we will delve deep.  They shall be clad in impervious adamantium, and in their hands will be hammers of purest silver.  The red light of the molten depths will turn blue when reflected upon the axes they draw, and by that light the Voidspawn and the Demons and those blasted vermin kobolds will cower and flee.

They will be my Murdermachines, and they will know no fear.
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: August 06, 2013, 05:45:30 pm »

From the Journal of The Mad Fool Enshalastesh:
Whispers in the dark....

It took me a long time, but my endeavors are slowly coming to fruition.  I never before realized just how much I had been held back by the petty moralities of my fellow dwarf.  Morality!  Pfah!  As if such sentiment was even relevant, given the magnitude of what I am trying to accomplish.

The Danger Room was quite a breakthrough in it all.  I should have realized it sooner, but it took the collapse of the first fortress for the idea to truly sink in.  Dwarves thrive in adversity.  They grow strong with pain!  The weak die, the strong survive and become stronger.  That is nature.  That is dwarf-kind!  And so, whispers in the dark become the light of inspiration.

I had to dig deep to conceal my activities.  They'll understand eventually, but the time for that is not yet at hand.  The plan is simple, really.  Begin early.  Waste not a second of a Dwarf's life.  And so they are refined, with claw and spear and fire.  The children will grow amidst the wild dogs, and those that claw out from the ravening heap shall be strong by their very birth.  And then they will be baptized.  A baptism of fire, such that they will not fear the flames of hell nor the tips of spears, for their very skin shall be forged from the boiling blood of the deepest earth.  They will train within a rain of blades, until they are nothing but hardened bone, steely muscle, and iron will.  From twenty I will refine one.  From a hundred will emerge five.

And then we will delve deep.  They shall be clad in impervious adamantium, and in their hands will be hammers of purest silver.  The red light of the molten depths will turn blue when reflected upon the axes they draw, and by that light the Voidspawn and the Demons and those blasted vermin kobolds will cower and flee.

They will be my Murdermachines, and they will know no fear.

That... was... fucking... beautiful.

Mortis

• Bay Watcher
  • !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: August 07, 2013, 12:07:26 am »

Sorry, I don't have the time to take a turn right now. When I tried the last save, it only ran at two or three frames per second, then crashed, and my turn would drag out for weeks on what little time I have to play. Sorry.
My full signature
To expand on this, I'm hoping someone can explain to me why my babies appear to be coated in axel grease...

Just Some Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: August 07, 2013, 06:37:38 pm »

Are you gonna use my supersoldier factory idea?

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: August 08, 2013, 04:30:44 am »

Are you gonna use my supersoldier factory idea?

I started on a little structure to help with it, it is a hatch drop with a lever near the rest of the childcare compound stuff
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Just Some Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: August 11, 2013, 10:52:29 am »

It's been three days. Where is everybody?

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: August 11, 2013, 02:27:08 pm »

Ah,
oh... well.... I always feared it would come to this...
I was on holiday and there were three people before me! I'll download now and start my turn tomorrow... ok?

Cheers!
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: August 11, 2013, 09:15:09 pm »

Clearly Terry wants to see you play.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: August 11, 2013, 09:56:37 pm »

Yeah, and that after he broke my bike. Seriously, I had three broken spokes within three days... plus I was told the frame likely has a crack and the fork is bent (slightly). Not in a good mood, no precious, we are not.
*mutters*
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 272