Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 787466 times)

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - A Glorious Revival! (Deathgate II)
« Reply #1425 on: August 12, 2013, 02:05:39 am »

This is the Journal of "Maxwell Edison"

Galena 262

I just received the strangest letter knownst to Dwarvenkind.

DEAR FRIEND

MY NAME IS ATIR INGISMUZISH, I AM THE KING OF THE CIVILISATION OF THE RAMPART OF TOURS. I HAVE THE MOST GENEROUS OFFER TO SHARE WITH YOU. AFTER THE SUDDEN DEATH OF THE LAST OVERSEER OF DEATHGATE, WE FIND NO NEXT OF KIN ALIVE (NOR SANE). WE THUS OFFER YOU THE FOLLOWING DEAL: BY TAKING THE POSITION OF OVERSEER AT DEATHGATE AND ASSUMING THE ROLE OF THE HEIR, YOU WILL HAVE ACCESS TO THE TREMENDOUS WEALTH OF 2126390 DB, TO BE TRANSFERRED TO YOUR ACCOUNT. TO ENABLE THIS TRANSFER, WE JUST NEED YOU TO SEND 1000 DB, PREFERRABLY IN GIANT CAVE SPIDER SILK SOCKS, TO OUR ACCOUNTS AT THE NATIONAL BANK OF NIGRIRIA. THE ACCOUNT IS UNDER THE NAME OF SODEL ENSHALASTESH, TO CONFUSE THE TAX COLLECTORS - THE TREMENDOUS WEALTH YOU WOULD GET TRANSFERRED WOULD OTHERWISE BE COLLECTED ON BEHALF OF THE DWARVEN GOVERNMENT.

SINCERLY,
ATIR INGISMUZISH, KING

Having no reason to doubt the authenticity of the document (we all know our king to be... mad), I sent the required amount to his treasury (strange, why is it located in a civilisation called "NIGRIRIA" under the name of Sodel Enshalastesh?).
After not having heard back from our king, I decided to investigate. Gathering my last posessions, took my pickaxe and set off to the strange place of Usanstakud Nazushmestthos.

3rd of Granite, 263

Holy Armok! This place is a mess! I count not fewer than nine Ghosts, and there is a Voidspawn and his Thrall roaming the lands. The above-world has burnt, there are the slain of the strange Voidspawn and our best warriors' corpses, mangled, malformed, broken, lying in heaps, with blood stained ... everything. Armok, have mercy! Still, there seem to be vast treasures on the premises. It does not seem so bad. Maybe I can skim off something off the top and maybe shave of some slices from the sides without anyone realising and then be off. Of course, this means I do have to play the role of the heir to the throne of Deathgate for a while...
Wait a minute: We have almost no booze left? And no plants? ARGH!

OOC: yeah, everybody starts with "what a mess! I will at least clean up the surface". Let's see...
Unfortunately I have not yet managed to build a working LinDAc (Linear Duck Accelerator) in my test fort. I will improvise. This is no reason for concern.

5th of Granite, 263

With the Voidspawn slain I now order all Dwarves to get something to eat! Go and collect plants (and our rich harvest of four plump helmets...).

Edit: Continued post

9th of Granite

A forgotten beast has come. Let's hope there is no accessible path to the fortress proper from that cavern. It is a fire breathing Damselfly, named Lotheye Cematoricote.

10th of Granite

Somebody told me "only bloody peasants would harvest". I fixed that. That will teach them, the lazy basturds! The kids seem to be eager to haul in the food. Go, kids, go!

On a side note: Who thought to build the bridges such that one cannot see their state immediately? Crazy people... jeez.

OOC: My gods, the game is sloooower than a four day cricket test.

26th day of Granite

The first death occurred. 'Plop' died of thirst, and thirst is worse than homesickness!

OOC: I took this as the opportunity to update the dorfinator. All dorfs that are alive now show up as being alive. I will next tackle the problem of dorf souls looking for suitable vessels...

Edit: This does of course not mean that all listed as alive are indeed alive... I need to cross check that, too.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 05:46:40 am by gunpowdertea »
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: August 12, 2013, 06:29:02 pm »

On a side note: Who thought to build the bridges such that one cannot see their state immediately? Crazy people... jeez.

I KNOW!

Not like I let kobolds kill the fort because of it or anything...
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: August 13, 2013, 07:18:50 am »

2nd day of Slate

This whole thing is a maze. I gave the order to dig a bit for space and ores, but I accidentally opened a passage to the caverns. You remember the fire-breathing damselfly? Yup, it was waiting there...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Stoner is fighting like crazy!

Aand just when things get ugly, 'Derm' is taken by a Fey Mood... the moody one.

And 'Vendix', the Stoner, has burnt to death... not before severly wounding the abomination!
( redorfed as Vendix II)

Finally the VoidGod arrives and "blocks the fire". Wow. And hacks the FB into tiny itty bits. His Mighty Axe now carries the name of "Emadthosbut"!

21st day of Slate

Where did that come from? There are now four Voidspawns that basically materialised out of nowhere - or did they rise from the dead?

Dravek was the first (named) Dorf to be maimed by the Macelord. The 'Sniper' got wounded, but the VoidGod arrived on the scene. The 'Goremaster' is chipping in (and chopping off bits). We really need more masterworked steel axes. I will order a bunch as soon as this madness is over.

I now realized wy nobody wanted to pull the lever (there's one above ground): A tree has grown in the path. Dammit! Let's see where the other one is.

23rd day of Slate

strange, the lever got pulled but the other Voidspawn are still running towards our gate... but since it was only a Thrall, he got captured in the cage traps.

More bodies are found outside:
Maxwell Edison

14th day of Felsite

an Elven caravan... let's prepare for the Voidspawn ambush that is sure to follow... send all Dwarves inside! Militia: to you posts!

... friggin' hippies! Some wood slipped through and now they refuse to trade. Well, we can deal with that. Guards, seize them!

Litlbear fell to a Goblin Ambush... sorry, mate!
The CARPLord fares much better, he killed a SwordGobbo and a SpearGobbo! I definitely need to find better Warhammers, I think Silver is even denser than iron and nice and shiny! Plus we have a Legendary weaponsmith who needs work.

28th day of Felsite

There is still some leak to the caverns, two Elk Birds are roaming the fort. One got the Heater, he is bleeding but can hopefully be rescued. I let the military deal with it, they can need the training.

----

Spring report of Deathgate II

Achievements:
Did not accidentally the fort
Made booze (we are at 200 units again)
Ticked of the Elven Hippies

Lost: 5 Dwarves

ToDo: Find the leak to the caverns and close it!

I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

DrTaco

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_RATIONAL_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: August 13, 2013, 10:13:56 am »

The first death occurred. 'Plop' died of thirst, and thirst is worse than homesickness!

Son of a bitch!
"I'm just so FUCKIN' HAPPY!"
*throws chair across the room*

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: August 13, 2013, 11:21:31 pm »

Is the Fail Saint still(somewhat)alive? 
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: August 14, 2013, 02:38:01 am »

Is the Fail Saint still(somewhat)alive?

I couldn't find him. I assume he (well, the last incarnation) is dead...

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: August 14, 2013, 05:03:07 am »

Funny how every attempt to clean up the topside ends up piling the corpses of salvage teams atop of the existing gore.
Also, can I get a status update on my dwarf?
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

Thorgrim Grudge-Bearer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: August 14, 2013, 07:10:38 pm »

I have started playing dwarf fortress yesterday, is it possible for me to take a year with Deathgate? I'm a good writer, and will do my best to keep the fort alive as well as document this great tale!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 07:19:29 pm by Thorgrim Grudge-Bearer »

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: August 14, 2013, 09:04:40 pm »

I have started playing dwarf fortress yesterday, is it possible for me to take a year with Deathgate? I'm a good writer, and will do my best to keep the fort alive as well as document this great tale!

Deathgate died! :D

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: August 14, 2013, 09:57:35 pm »

Yeah yeah yeah, that's what *I* said. Then I let KOBOLDS destroy the fort.

Naw, really, place is a godforsaken mess to the point that not only have daemons of madness infiltrated the place, we're on a first-name basis with them. Not a one of us really knows what's going on; the surface of the fort is littered with a king's ransom in discarded loot and garbage that's better guarded than an emperor's vault by the fact that anything going outside the walls is summarily eaten by the spawn of the void itself. The greatest minds of a generation have bent themselves to building such projects as an arena for the ultimate battle between Hell and Nonexistence Itself, then left them untended to brew rum. The walls of the fort are tainted things that ooze mighty monsters like poisonous blood. Our only hope lies in the living avatar of destruction, who occasionally hooks up with the ghosts of our fallen and leaves ruin and desecration in his wake. We are men who build entire self-sustaining perpetual-motion generators out of wood and rock to power single millstones. We are men who design monstrosities to paradrop waterfowl into the pits of doom.

So, what I'm saying is, you'll fit right in. Go for it, sparky.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Thorgrim Grudge-Bearer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: August 15, 2013, 07:16:17 am »

Oh dear...too bad we cant send in the adeptus astartes...

What am I saying, sounds like loads of fun!

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: August 15, 2013, 09:31:51 am »

Naw, really, place is a godforsaken mess to the point that not only have daemons of madness infiltrated the place, we're on a first-name basis with them. Not a one of us really knows what's going on; the surface of the fort is littered with a king's ransom in discarded loot and garbage that's better guarded than an emperor's vault by the fact that anything going outside the walls is summarily eaten by the spawn of the void itself. The greatest minds of a generation have bent themselves to building such projects as an arena for the ultimate battle between Hell and Nonexistence Itself, then left them untended to brew rum. The walls of the fort are tainted things that ooze mighty monsters like poisonous blood. Our only hope lies in the living avatar of destruction, who occasionally hooks up with the ghosts of our fallen and leaves ruin and desecration in his wake. We are men who build entire self-sustaining perpetual-motion generators out of wood and rock to power single millstones. We are men who design monstrosities to paradrop waterfowl into the pits of doom.

So, what I'm saying is, you'll fit right in. Go for it, sparky.
This needs to go to the OP.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

Just Some Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: August 15, 2013, 11:29:07 am »

Do a Boatmurdered and cover the surface with magma. No more garbage, at the very least.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: August 15, 2013, 01:21:44 pm »

Well, the topside was already scorched once. A fire -fire that apparently started on it's own- swept over it.

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 272