Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 777748 times)

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - A Glorious Revival! (Deathgate II)
« Reply #1440 on: August 15, 2013, 01:22:09 pm »

Do a Boatmurdered and cover the surface with magma. No more garbage, at the very least.
Except the magma-safe garbage.
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: August 15, 2013, 06:43:02 pm »

Okay, public notice time. Next overseer, check down past the magma forges. You'll find something interesting there. Here's a hint-The Mad Fool's journal entry wasn't just fluff. Everyone who I or The Mad Fool have PMed, you know what's up. It's time for the big reveal.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Just Some Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: August 15, 2013, 07:03:55 pm »

Do a Boatmurdered and cover the surface with magma. No more garbage, at the very least.
Except the magma-safe garbage.
Hey, at least it will clean up some of the mess. I mean, it can't all be magma safe.

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: August 16, 2013, 01:15:33 am »

@SanDiego: Sorry, I couldn't find you. I redorfed you as our Siege Operator - at least that is something useful. You are often sad, though...

Re: Stuff on surface
well, at least what is close to the entrance is accessible. The VoidSpawn did not attack too often and I lost only four or five dwarves to them...

OK, here's my update until the end of Autumn

I feel.... uneasy. Just as if somebody had walked over my grave. Oh, right, that was me. I found my tomb. It was occupied, by a corpse, thank Armok, not a ghost. I died just last month. Strange - why am I here then? I remember something about voices... voices in the dark... calling me, taunting me, dragging me hither and thither.. and then, a deep fall.
This is usually the point when I wake up screaming in the dead of night.

I guess... I will better try and investigate the maze of twisting passages, all alike beneath the fortress. Keeping busy will keep my mind from wandering, wondering about the dreams. Keeping busy will hopefully make me tired, so that I can fall into a dreamless sleep.

OOC: my dorf... died. Again.

7th  day of Hematite

A runner just brought me the message that Derm finally left his lair in the forge. He made something... well... more or less useful. A left lead gauntlet. "Daleowns the Hollow Assembly" he calls it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A second runner came by and toled me a kid got killed. There still is an Elk Bird around.  I NEED TO FIND THAT HOLE. OTHERWISE THE GRUE WILL COME AND EAT ME.

Great news! I have met my fellow surgeon, Sodel Enshalastesh. Some people call him mad and a fool, but he seems to be the right experimental sort of type. He just seems obsessed with socks, which is a good thing to see in a dwarf.

14th day of Hematite

*slightly different handwriting*
My colleague has shown me the sock collection... it is most interesting, as it contains many a fine speciman of foot inside the sock. He plans showing me his newest plans, as we need a new breed of soldiers to fight the void spawn. They call him MAD, but we will SHOW them!
Embrace the darkness of the night!

15th day of Malachite

VESSELS have arrived, new flesh for our FIGHT against the VOID

3rd day of Galena

Fungin has been found dehydrated. We need to get the well up and running!

12th day of Galena

A human caravan. Let's hope they have BOOZE. RUM for the RUM GOD!

18th day of Galena

A Voidspawn 'Snatcher', a 'Patriarch Master Thief' has arrived and run into a Milker named Amost Oddomkubuk. He is doomed. His own bloody fault, innit? He is getting maimed with a browm recluse spider silk bag, kind of sad...

OOC: yeah, they do send snatchers... however, thralls are not trapavoid so we now have a small collection of those. I started transporting them downstairs to the Assrena.

23rd day of Galena

The Voidspawn ambushg I have been waiting for! A Fisherdwarf go caught outside, getting smacked in his head. I ordered a lockdown of the Fort. It is mostly Thralls, that are not really dangerous, but there is also a Drone Hammerlord.

My fellow surgeon and I are making great discoveries. The bones of the Voidspawn seem to be extraordinarily strong. Combining these with the alcohol-driven machinery of the Dwarven body with a suitable driver in the seat, so to speak, shall deliver a new breed of soldiers. We shall be able to overcome the invasion from the Void.
Maybe we can also find help from that which lurks below? Rumours are told of a fortress that settled the nether regions, driving out the hordes from don under - or was that in a different time - a different universe, long ago, far away? I can hear it beckoning from inside an impenetrable prision, scratching the walls, clawing, tentacling along - ah, those times.

OOC: I started unveiling some very promising looking adamantine veins, I do not have the patience to set up the correct stockpiling system so that the hospital does not use the strands to patch up the wounded (or maybe we do want that), so I leave the stuff untouched. The next one can have a go. There is a stockpile for raw adamantine with a craftsdwarf workshop next to it that I intended to be used to process it.

14th day of Sandstone

My colleague and I are now planning to move downstairs to the training area for our supersoldier program, to oversee the development of our new weapon. After all, the task has been given to us to evolve Dwarvenkind! The combination of new structural enhancements and the souls of our old combat comrades will prove to be INVINCIBLE. And to think that they call us MAD, we will SHOW them, HAHAHAHA!!
Through Fire and Pain and Madness, a new race shall be bred!

23rd day of Sandstone

Migrants have arrived. And a migrane... I get these headaches, you don't? There are fell voices in the wind, calling out.
5 migrants and 1 kid

Imush Kolor has been posessed. The voices were right! He proceeded by claiming a Mason's workshop. Let's see what happens.

A coffin. How very fitting! (boring, nothing special on it, so no screen cap)

The days are getting short again, it is now the 15th day of Timber. I shall order all Dorfs inside the fortress proper. I guess with the Dwarven Caravan will again come the Spawn of the Void.

Finally, on the 16th day of Timber, both the outpost liason Ùshrir Dallithatel and the Caravan from the Dwarven Citadel have arrived. I do hope they bring tons of good stuff, like rum, wine, booze and maybe also something to drink. Despite my constant nagging, the id10ts here only run around doing weird stuff instead of brewing drinks. I already ordered four new stills to be built. Let's hope the plant production can keep up!

I will dump all of the XXpigtail socksXX on the traders (figuratively speaking). I might also think about doing it literally with the next bunch of Bad Guys coming here. Yes, constructing a retracting bridge above the entrance with some pressure plates might work. We have to define a new choke point though, the current pathway to the entrance is trapped to the Netherworlds and back. I guess I will construct a new Shield Wall, defining a new defensive perimeter.

Well, that was a haul. The fort is thriving and growing, drink situation is ok, thanks to the Dwarven caravan. I have locked the fort so that nobody can come inside and I hope that the hauling backlog inside the fort can be cleared somewhat (well, who am I kidding? The Hauling Never Stops). Also we need to bring all of the stuff to the Depot (THNS). There are plants withering (THNS) and slabs to be erected (I'm down to two ghosts! again THNS).

I also constructed a new entry bridge. It throws stuff but now I can actually see if it is open or close without having to think about the lever and its state!

---
Edit: added pics, fixed tags
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 01:24:34 am by gunpowdertea »
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: August 16, 2013, 07:51:23 am »

I also constructed a new entry bridge. It throws stuff but now I can actually see if it is open or close without having to think about the lever and its state!
You derserve a medal for that.
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: August 16, 2013, 12:12:00 pm »

For the throwing-of-stuff-and-maiming-dorfs or the bridge-that-shows-its state  :D

Well, I am halfway through winter... nothing has happened - yet. Construction of the new shield wall is slow - THNS - and I fear that I should expect a Voidspawn siege any moment now. Final update either during the WE (not very likely, sorry) or Monday morning (latest).
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: August 16, 2013, 11:24:31 pm »

We had a PATRIARCH show up?

Did it wander off or get killed? If dead, what got him?
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: August 16, 2013, 11:55:46 pm »

Hey, gunpowdertea, how's the now-not-so-secret lab working?
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: August 19, 2013, 02:56:02 am »

We had a PATRIARCH show up?

Did it wander off or get killed? If dead, what got him?
Guess... the VoidGod, of course!

Quote from: The Mad Fool
Hey, gunpowdertea, how's the now-not-so-secret lab working?

I am currently constructing small offices and bedrooms for my dear colleague and me. I also started the stockpiling of socks and feet, so that we have... materials available. Somebody already made a magma-bath, so the melting-of-fat and stuff can begin. I would wait until we get enough Demon bones to build fine exoskeletons, though.
I will also construct some chains to keep our spawn safe from voidspawn snatchers.

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: August 19, 2013, 09:46:20 am »

Excellent.... >=)
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: August 20, 2013, 05:43:27 am »

My original intent was for Patriarchs and Overlords to be great death machines.

Imagine my surprise when they turn out to be snatchers.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: August 20, 2013, 11:05:24 am »

My original intent was for Patriarchs and Overlords to be great death machines.

Imagine my surprise when they turn out to be snatchers.
Well, they still murder the hell out of people using their silk bags.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: August 21, 2013, 10:58:35 am »

OK, the farms cannot keep up with the stills. Still, it is better to have the processing power available.

Oops, the Liason is still running around and following our Dear Leader 'Goat'. I will do something about that later.

I have now forced the 'Goat'-Mayor to finally meet the outpost liason. It is one thing not to care about the outside world but another thing to insult those who send more morons vessels and - most importantly - BOOZE. I let Goat order some drinks, steel and also alpacas. They are sturdy and give milk, can be shorn and don't eat as much grass as, say, elephants or llamas.
Esports:
- spears
- goblets
- rings *
- prepared meals *
- seeds
- shields/bucklers **
- splints **
- leather waterskins *
- crowns
- meat **
- cut gems **

(demand is denoted by: ** = ----O, * = ---O-, rest is lower)
That might give the next guv' a chance to dump the shields of the attackers on the caravan. Or maybe better melt them, at least the steel ones...
Maybe better make goblets and crafts, those can be made for cheap and usually fetch a good price. However, the stockpiling for crafts is even a greater mess than for food (which I might have added to), so somebody for the love of Armok, please fix those!

25th day of Opal

Those friggin Yakdrivers! They don't seem to be used to ICE that MELTS. Yeah, no wonder, they do have Yaks and thos live high up in them mountains... either slaughter them or get them going... but how...

Ok, draining the lake does not help... maybe... building some ramps or carvind out slopes?

14th day of Obsidian

Finally, the seasonal Voidspawn ambush happened. They caught Fungin, the Heater outside. Three thrall axemen and a voidspawn soldier axelord... oops. And an unnamed (well... Mebzuth Ablelmeban) who got killed first. However, our Kobold Torturer looks like he can do it. He shatters the Voidspawn Axelord's hands, with his crutch.
Finally, the voidspawns pile up over the Heater and he succumbs to the attacks. The Voidspawn are then slain by our Glorious Military, of course the Void God is at the forefront.

Edit:
Here is the save
http://dffd.wimbli.com/download.php?id=7925&f=MurderMachines.zip
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 02:31:33 am by gunpowdertea »

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: August 22, 2013, 11:35:15 am »

I think that the Kobold Torturer was me/Krosan? How's he doin'?
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: August 23, 2013, 12:54:20 am »

As far as I recall he had only a job description and no nickname... hopefully the next overseer can look at that. I think he survived, but I might be mistaken - after all, it was a real Voidspawn soldier and not a thrall.
Fun: One of the Voidspawns injected the abyssal taint into a yak cow which promptly turned into a thrall...
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 272