Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 775839 times)

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - A Glorious Revival! (Deathgate II)
« Reply #1515 on: September 17, 2013, 02:51:28 am »

I have a theory...
If I'm correct...

We can beat Terry. But it will be hard...
Very hard, maybe painful...

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: September 17, 2013, 09:04:19 am »

That's all because no one bothered to finish The Butt-Arena!
But, my reign is coming.
Soon...
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 09:30:14 am by peregarrett »
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: September 17, 2013, 10:09:57 am »

That's all because no one bothered to finish The Butt-Arena!
But, my reign is coming.
Soon...

Actually I started moving Voidspawn cages down there and I am not sure but I think I started to make some shooty galleries around it, to train archers and watch the FUN downstairs - though I might have canceled that when digging into some hitherto undiscovered cavern level, letting a FB in. It was on my list...
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: September 17, 2013, 10:53:50 am »

Alright, I am looking at the save right now.
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: September 17, 2013, 11:12:32 am »

Let's just skip the part where I tell you what a mess this fortress is.
for now.

I am currently rediscovering the fortress and making up plans for what to do. If you have any suggestions or wishes let me read them.
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: September 17, 2013, 11:14:54 am »

This fort is a

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: September 17, 2013, 11:17:44 am »

Why would you ever stop yourself from saying "This fort is awesome"? :D
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: September 17, 2013, 11:29:52 am »

Why would you ever stop yourself from saying "This fort is awesome"? :D
Sry, I was busy carving 'LIKES BANANAS' under 'SLOWPOKEZ'.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: September 17, 2013, 11:45:37 am »

Murdermachines: We have treasures of the ages piled around the fort in heaps of rotting garbage and flesh. We've created a home for a malevolent deity of ill fortune who seems predisposed to strike at us, the players, directly, in a way not seen since the days of the Virtual Boy. Our riches are guarded, not by traps or dwarven steel, but by the fact that the surface around us is so full of the murderous, the insane, and the murderously insane that one group of looters merely gets massacred by a group of marauders, and that's before the horrible abominations against nature trundle through and decapitate and/or assimilate the survivors. We have seen kobolds become conquerors, seen the very walls fracture and crumble before unnatural misfortune and poor forethought, and placed all our hopes in a batch of tortured, soulless children and the literal avatar of annihilation itself, because every other God worth mentioning turned away from us in horror a long, long time ago. Our home is no more and no less than a beacon of slaughter, a living, breathing organism that eats life, drinks hope, and shits misery as every sentient race in the known world gathers here to offer their best and bravest at the altar of Terry.

Nietzsche wrote, "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friends, we are not he who fights monsters. We are not he who gazes into the abyss.

We're the thing in the abyss that's gazing back.

I am so god damn proud of you people.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: September 17, 2013, 11:56:22 am »

I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: September 17, 2013, 01:28:06 pm »

Hey, it's his legs that's broken. His arms are working just fine, thank you.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: September 17, 2013, 01:45:55 pm »

Hell, I just have to sig this.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: September 17, 2013, 02:29:03 pm »

Murdermachines: We have treasures of the ages piled around the fort in heaps of rotting garbage and flesh. We've created a home for a malevolent deity of ill fortune who seems predisposed to strike at us, the players, directly, in a way not seen since the days of the Virtual Boy. Our riches are guarded, not by traps or dwarven steel, but by the fact that the surface around us is so full of the murderous, the insane, and the murderously insane that one group of looters merely gets massacred by a group of marauders, and that's before the horrible abominations against nature trundle through and decapitate and/or assimilate the survivors. We have seen kobolds become conquerors, seen the very walls fracture and crumble before unnatural misfortune and poor forethought, and placed all our hopes in a batch of tortured, soulless children and the literal avatar of annihilation itself, because every other God worth mentioning turned away from us in horror a long, long time ago. Our home is no more and no less than a beacon of slaughter, a living, breathing organism that eats life, drinks hope, and shits misery as every sentient race in the known world gathers here to offer their best and bravest at the altar of Terry.

Nietzsche wrote, "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friends, we are not he who fights monsters. We are not he who gazes into the abyss.

We're the thing in the abyss that's gazing back.

I am so god damn proud of you people.

Get this to the front page, stat!
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Invasion of the Body Snatchers! (Deathgate II)
« Reply #1528 on: September 17, 2013, 02:57:17 pm »

I'm glad that my successor followed the tradition of dwarf mass sacrifice. >:D
I feel sorry for you, dead Blade, Dortimus, Puff, Krosan and Peregarrett. RIP

/~~\  /~~\ /~~\ /~~\ /~~\
|     | |      ||     | |     ||      |
|RIP| |RIP ||RIP| |RIP|| RIP|
|     | |      ||     | |     ||      |

We will probably need at least 20 times as many graves as that by year 10.

Has it reached the thousands yet?
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: September 17, 2013, 03:16:12 pm »

Probably. Certainly hundreds, but I don't think anybody even counts all those dehydrated babies.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 272