Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 777649 times)

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - A Glorious Revival! (Deathgate II)
« Reply #1665 on: October 04, 2013, 02:26:03 pm »

I am slightly worried because of that. Btw, this is how I imagine the live of the average dwarf in Murdermachines:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h02a2HSB58M
Just, you know, replace some of the word with words like 'pain', 'hunger', and 'internal bleeding' and randomly throw in the phrase 'WHY IS THE RUM GONE?!'.

it is important to note that suddenly and against all probability a dwarf had been called into existence several miles below the surface of murdermachines. and since this is not a naturally tenable position for any living thing this short and sturdy creature had very little time to come to terms with it's identity...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 02:29:40 pm by Yuli Vlasi »
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

Just Some Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: October 04, 2013, 02:31:58 pm »

...reclaim?

New fort very near the old one?

Delete the save and never speak of this ever again?

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: October 04, 2013, 02:46:38 pm »

We're like the Ancient Egyptians, we always win even when we lose. (They censored all government documents this way, quite amusing. I think this is how dwarves governments keep citizens from anarchy.)

We shall never abandon! Merely pretend it's still populated!
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: October 04, 2013, 02:49:02 pm »

...reclaim?

New fort very near the old one?

Delete the save and never speak of this ever again?
NO FUKKEN WAY!!!
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: October 04, 2013, 02:51:37 pm »

Urist McDead is still alive? Wow.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: October 04, 2013, 05:25:17 pm »

What in God's name is KILLING them all? Is it a tantrum spiral? Forgotten beast actually actively loose?
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Supermichael777

• Bay Watcher
  • Highly unusual political veiws
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: October 04, 2013, 08:35:39 pm »

actually those two lines of thought represent the new blissfully ignorant vessels and the void dweller's reincarnations." oh look, goblins, i wonder if they'll  be friends with me?"
and, "OHH God, not again!"
lets sing the we're all screwed song and drown the world in lava like true dwarfs

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: October 05, 2013, 03:05:38 am »

What in God's name is KILLING them all? Is it a tantrum spiral? Forgotten beast actually actively loose?
Remember the last forgotten beast? The one with the poisonous one? It never left the underground caves alive, but it somehow managed to poison almost every single dwarf in the entire fort. Those who didn't suffocoate within the first few months got paralyzed and died of dehydration. We had a hundred dwarfs. A hundred. We are at seventeen now. This is just like the Ambassador-incident, just without all the blood.
Some dwarves are tantruming from time to time but we can survive this unless another forgotten beast shows up. I am still trying to secure the underground, but the dwarves are just to slow.
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: October 05, 2013, 03:20:42 am »

Ok, we are at 14 now. I think I seriously messed up the fortresses infrastructure.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: October 05, 2013, 03:28:18 am »

A vile force of darkness has arrived. And the gates are still open. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Pull the lever! Disenable all the jobs! For the love of Armok, we need idlers!

I HAVE TO BELIEVE!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 03:39:57 am by Yuli Vlasi »

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: October 05, 2013, 03:44:47 am »

They actually did it. The closed the gtes right in front of the goblin siege. Only one got through. One.
Send in the peasant squad.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: October 05, 2013, 03:56:31 am »

9 dwarves.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: October 05, 2013, 04:21:30 am »

8 dwarves. Spring has arrived. My turn is over.
To the next overseer:
I fucked this place up. Completely. There are two goblin pikemen running around inside the fortress, I have no idea where they are. I think I saw one of them run into the caverns. You could try to wall the survivors in. Or you could succumb to invasion. If you do we should contact Anima first.

This is the abomination i tried to create during my turn:

Somewhere in there you'll find these levers:

The one on the top right retracts all bridges on that level and closes all entrances to the caverns. The one on the top left opens the floodgate in the farms. I don't remember if the others do anything.

Welcome to Murdermachines.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: October 05, 2013, 06:09:20 am »

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8022
Here's the save. It's peregarrett's turn now.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: October 05, 2013, 06:53:20 am »

What is it with you and Forgotten Beasts? Daaaaaaamn, son.

Thank Armok there aren't any kobolds this time.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 272