Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 777690 times)

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Sacked, Salted, and Buried (Deathgate II)
« Reply #1725 on: October 11, 2013, 11:11:02 am »

Silk farm in a succession game? Oh man, the memories...

Are they the kind of memories where the critters get out and everything dies because three turns down the line nobody remembers how to control it?
The kind of memories where half of the fortress population ended up caged and hauled to the stockpile.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: October 13, 2013, 10:11:01 am »

A few words on how the things going.
Human merchants came to trade. We didn't open the gate, but voidspawn ambush met them instead. Caravan guards fought back, but fell, and voidspawn killed all the rest. Unfortunately their poison doen't affect humans and horses, I am so disappointed.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: October 13, 2013, 11:42:15 am »

A few words on how the things going.
Human merchants came to trade. We didn't open the gate, but voidspawn ambush met them instead. Caravan guards fought back, but fell, and voidspawn killed all the rest. Unfortunately their poison doen't affect humans and horses, I am so disappointed.
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.
Fucking Dwarf Fortress everybody.
*starts clapping
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: October 13, 2013, 05:00:56 pm »

Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.
Fucking Dwarf Fortress everybody.
*starts clapping

This. OP. Now.

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: October 13, 2013, 06:18:19 pm »

The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.

So, so sigged.
Today is a sad day.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: October 13, 2013, 10:40:17 pm »

Unfortunately their poison doen't affect humans and horses, I am so disappointed.

Are you sure? I thought I've seen lots of weird stuff get enthralled.

Did it actually give some kind of message, or did they just poison but not get a thrall? Because if that's the case they probably killed the thing before the poison kicked in, it's delayed.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: October 14, 2013, 03:06:38 am »

Unfortunately their poison doen't affect humans and horses, I am so disappointed.

Are you sure? I thought I've seen lots of weird stuff get enthralled.

Did it actually give some kind of message, or did they just poison but not get a thrall? Because if that's the case they probably killed the thing before the poison kicked in, it's delayed.
There were conbat log records about abyssal taint injected into horse's blood and then they pursued that horse all over the map. I think there passed enough time for the transformation to take effect.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: October 14, 2013, 08:46:42 am »

I want to say I saw someone successfully enthrall a yak or something to that effect at one point. I did have a caravan get eaten by voidspawn during my turn and there were a couple of enthrallings that went on.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: October 14, 2013, 06:52:20 pm »

Thrallification is not species specific.
It is, however, semi-resistible and has a delayed onset.

You have been warned.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: October 14, 2013, 07:09:12 pm »

...Wow.

:o
 ???
 :D

This...is beautiful and enthralling.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: October 15, 2013, 01:17:58 am »

I want to say I saw someone successfully enthrall a yak or something to that effect at one point.
It's not like I tried (but wouldn't that be cool?)

I demand SCIENCE!
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: October 15, 2013, 09:42:43 pm »

ChaosMaker here, would like to be dwared, read murdermachines up till 116...and rereading original deathgate!

Dwarf:ChaosMaker
Preferrence:male please! also can be used as a millitary dwarf if needed...

ive been crackling at pretty much for for entire story of deathgate 1 and 2...you guys have !FUN! no matter what session is going on...

Need to...MaKe WeApOnS oF MaSS DeSTruCTioN

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: October 16, 2013, 02:23:19 am »

ChaosMaker here, would like to be dwared, read murdermachines up till 116...and rereading original deathgate!

Please use the Dorfinator (link in OP), these requests regularly get lost in the threads...

Oh, and welcome, here, have a !Large Kea Egg Roast! with some Forgotten Beast extract on the side...
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: October 16, 2013, 07:05:56 am »

Please use the Dorfinator (link in OP), these requests regularly get lost in the threads...

Oh, and welcome, here, have a !Large Kea Egg Roast! with some Forgotten Beast extract on the side...
They'll make you want to stay. Forever.
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: October 16, 2013, 09:47:24 am »

ExCellEnT!!!

well i can safely say now im a dwarf in deathgae now...definetly looking to see how this plays out! *hopefully the fortress doesnt fall to kolbolds again...otherwise its worthy of a facepalm*

Still if we do fall, lets do it in dorf style...Dig out the candy and unleash the demon hordes from hell into the clutches of the voidspawn! itll be a heck of a ride...or they might actually run from us...because we all know what happened the last time we breached hell...they might even run away from us because we dug on by to say hello!

Random Dorf: MINE THE CANDY!
*mines the Adamantium*
Random D-Dorf:Hello demons!
Demons:*craps their hides*
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 272