Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 796783 times)

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Sacked, Salted, and Buried (Deathgate II)
« Reply #1785 on: October 21, 2013, 10:52:12 pm »

Has anyone else died?

...this is Deathgate. DEATHgate.

Wanda ya think? They're in a paradise full of splendid egg roasts whose taste is to die for!
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: October 22, 2013, 03:44:48 am »

I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: October 22, 2013, 08:42:31 am »

Krevsin replied that he's skipping this turn. It's wlerin's turn then.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: October 22, 2013, 07:49:42 pm »

So, what exactly is up with the egg roasts?
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: October 22, 2013, 07:55:12 pm »

So, what exactly is up with the egg roasts?

Basically, a Forgotten Beast spewed poison everywhere and it got on the egg roasts somehow.  People subsequently died when they ate them.
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: October 22, 2013, 08:14:41 pm »

kk. Gonna fire up the fort and look around but won't have any substantial updates until the weekend. Probably.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: October 22, 2013, 09:01:57 pm »

kk. Gonna fire up the fort and look around but won't have any substantial updates until the weekend. Probably.

Only three days! Yippee! Wait, probably?

Talonis Wolf cancels Fey Mood: Letdown.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:

Sentor

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: October 22, 2013, 10:31:41 pm »

It's worth noting that the legendary (mis)adventurers of Deathgate/Murdermachines are causing me to learn DF! After I realized Murdermachines was carrying on to this day, it became my new dream to one day be a bumbling, incompetent administrator of this fortress!

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: October 22, 2013, 11:11:50 pm »

Mine to freind....mine to!!!

Shame i will only be able to play it once during thanksgiving...(4 days!!!) and then 2 weeks in december...

but this certainly gives me to crackle about...people look at me strangely though. heh, wimps...
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: October 23, 2013, 12:10:01 am »

Wait, probably?
Probably in the sense that I probably won't post a major update before then. But I might.

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: October 23, 2013, 01:39:13 am »

Mine to freind....mine to!!!

Mine where to exactly? (Except down, of course)
*confused*
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: October 23, 2013, 10:11:50 am »

meant it was my dream to govern an incompetent fortress...its not that kind of mine anyway. Besides i wont dig to deep yet...not untill i have my dwarves clad in candy and trained to be at least competent fighters and marksmen. Then ill unleash the circus and see how i can match it. maybe the checkerboard deal? and then colonize hell!!! (turn hell into a paradise for dwarves! nobles get their own area with gold stuff, the other dwarves get their area with silver!) and then try to last at least 50 years before tantrum spiral.

That should give me enough practice before i take on a community fort!

LeT CHaOs FlOw FRoM ThY BlADe oF !!FiRe!!
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: October 23, 2013, 10:48:21 am »

Nawwww, incompetence is what makes the world go round.

I don't know, for example, if "incompetence" is the word, but I nearly killed DG1, allowed demons to breach the Hellbunker on like two different occasions, and wound up actually having to savescum at one point because I fucked up so bad. (I gave myself a bye on that one; my first time running a community fort, I called it a learning experience). All because I was trying to build a self-contained duck hatchery with troop deployment capability.

I FREAKING SUCCEEDED BY THE WAY. (note: Metrics for "SUCCESS" do not include combat-worthiness of deployed soldiers, and so the crippling injuries inflicted on any such troops totally do not count)

I have no idea what Yuli is on, either, but dude managed to kill the entire population of Murdermachines twice. So far as I'm concerned, I can't really tell if that makes him the worst DF player ever or the best. Either way it led to some beautiful moments. Losing a community fort to freakin' kobolds because of the infrastructure damage and poor defensive layout of the fortress was one of the crowning achievements of my gaming career.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: October 23, 2013, 11:56:13 am »

Incompetence is !!FUN!! for all!

Flood the lower levels? Hey, Sewer System complete with Sewer Crocs!

Wait, flooded with Magma? Always wanted an Volcano Lair!

Legendary Dwarf die? Annoying, but at least you know how the saga ends.

Tantrum Spiral? The survivors won't ever give a d@&$ about worker reform again!

Besides, it provides a challenge for the OCD and Logistical Overseers to overcome.

So, come to the flame, incompetents, and learn the value of !!FUN!!

GENERATION 32:

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: October 23, 2013, 02:45:32 pm »

I have no idea what Yuli is on, either, but dude managed to kill the entire population of Murdermachines twice. So far as I'm concerned, I can't really tell if that makes him the worst DF player ever or the best. Either way it led to some beautiful moments. Losing a community fort to freakin' kobolds because of the infrastructure damage and poor defensive layout of the fortress was one of the crowning achievements of my gaming career.
:P

Darkwing the Netherfowl was amazing.
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 272