Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 777693 times)

Just Some Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Sacked, Salted, and Buried (Deathgate II)
« Reply #1965 on: November 22, 2013, 03:45:43 pm »

I suggest we build a room devoted to the sole purpose of throwing animals/prisoners/dwarves down a pit several z-levels deep with spikes linked to a repeater at the bottom. I suggest we first lure a forbidden beast or two in there in order to contaminate it with syndrome bearing substances. We can build it around some byzantine contraption and say it's a device to bring Terry forth unto the world of mortals.

If we can't take hell, we'll outdo it.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: November 22, 2013, 05:05:50 pm »

I like your attitude.
For bonus points make that pit act as moat surrounding our byzantine contraption beacon whole fort with the only entrance accessed by narrow trap filled nicely decorated bridge, guarded by couple marksdwarf towers.

It's a shame that food can't earn name with kills, eggroast a la murdermachines should have earned it by now... Has anyone thought of selling remaining the remaining roasts to elves?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 05:07:25 pm by Mr. Strange »
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: November 23, 2013, 10:03:11 am »

I
 T
   '
    S

A
         L
           I
             V
               E
                 !

(Edit:If you're reading this, at the time I was surprised- it had been inactive for awhile)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 08:37:50 pm by TalonisWolf »
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: November 23, 2013, 07:19:38 pm »

It's a shame that food can't earn name with kills, eggroast a la murdermachines should have earned it by now... Has anyone thought of selling remaining the remaining roasts to elves?

To take the roast to the depot, people would have to touch it. We'd be liable to kill the fort again just trying.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: November 23, 2013, 08:13:37 pm »

We'd be liable to kill the fort again just trying.
Since when has that been an issue?
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: November 24, 2013, 09:45:01 am »

It has always been. The point is to cause extreme pain to your enemies, not the dwarves. Although those two categories might sometimes (read: often) overlap.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: November 24, 2013, 10:14:21 am »

To take the roast to the depot, people would have to touch it. We'd be liable to kill the fort again just trying.
Just keep it walled off until we have a hundred or so dwarves again, and then attempt it. I'm sure nothing will go wrong. This is Murdermachines, after all.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: November 24, 2013, 01:27:10 pm »

Just keep it walled off until we have a hundred or so dwarves again, and then attempt it. I'm sure nothing will go wrong. This is Murdermachines, after all.

i say this should be in the front page people....this is...just murdermachines...where the dwarves are the meat in the grinder of deathgate.

beside that, hows the play people? whos turn is it again? im getting excited again to see if we atracted migrants...but if not...then i suggest we make the max population VERY high...and next game we go to a savage deathtrap area with undead wandering about...we could have our own voidspawn fight the undead, goblins, kolbolds, elves (when we decide its not worth geting their wood anymore, when we have tree farms), and the demon worshipping humans (if they go the same way as deathgate).

I also suggest that in murdermachines we DIG DEEPER! make the TRUE fortress BENEATH that of the murdermachines, just grab anything of value, dig deep, collapse several sections of the old fort or wall it off, then make the true fortress near the adamantium! that way when we invade hell (or outdo it to the point the demons break and just say "fuck this! were better off in hell!") we can have a awsome fortress covered in obsidian walls, floors, and for the nobles-gold plated rooms and furniture (as well as glass and crap we trade or steal from the humans and elves), silver for the "lesser" nobles, and of course our lord and master will have adamantium plated room as the main expedition leader...if the queen comes...i say we find a way to....transfer....her authority to murdermachines/deathgate's TRUE master...

finally when we make hell our slave unwilling servent, we make all sorts of amusing things in it, like apartments for our dwarves, and true well dwelling units for them as well! and once when we decide to remember the surface...i suggest we obsidianize the world...or flood it...that way we have a plausible ending...or just let the remaining demons out and say they got invaded by the maddest dwarves in existance! (heck the surface would be a better subsitute for the demonspawn then murderachines/deathgate!, i wonder if the demons remember us? after all the hell's seem to be connected to each other after all!)
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: November 25, 2013, 03:27:44 am »

I suggest we build a room devoted to the sole purpose of throwing animals/prisoners/dwarves down a pit several z-levels deep with spikes linked to a repeater at the bottom.

Yeah, we got that. Starts on the surface and ends close to the assrena, AFAICR.
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: November 25, 2013, 12:12:56 pm »

Better yet, exploit the system that allows you to mine for slade, but use it to make a fortress under hell. And let's indulge in viking mythology by calling that part of the fortress "hel" (yup, that's actually the name of viking hell) and fill it with ice.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: November 25, 2013, 10:04:40 pm »

Better yet, exploit the system that allows you to mine for slade, but use it to make a fortress under hell. And let's indulge in viking mythology by calling that part of the fortress "hel" (yup, that's actually the name of viking hell) and fill it with ice.

i second this motion...having a fortress under hell seems apropriate for us deathgaters....heck even making a fortress under hell should be LEGENDARY!...

"this is murdermachines the fortress under Hell, its made of the highest artifact quality of dwarven-craftmenship, it menenaces with spikes of adamantium covered in demon gore, it has engravings of dwarves and demons, the dwarves are underneath the demons, the demons are in a fetal position, the dwarves are laughing, this is to commeramate the celebration of murdermachines for being the frist dwarven fortress to build Under hell Itself!! it also has plated gold for the floors and is covered ina rtifaqct quality goods"
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: November 26, 2013, 12:40:50 am »

*edit: nvm*
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: November 27, 2013, 11:37:12 am »

oh god, it's been like ... a week (?) and i still did not upload the save. sry, i was busy.
here have some screenshots:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
and the big one:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
the red squares contain the exits into the caverns. always watch out for those. the hatchcover has to be closed off manually, the bridges can be raised with the lever i marked green. the pink square contains the eggroasts.
the blue square contains two levers. the upper one opens the upper airlock bridge, the lower one opens the lower airlock bridge.
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: November 29, 2013, 01:34:45 am »

holy shit....

havent seen the inside of murdermachines before...but i can safely say that men, we made the temple to terry just by plaing this damn game...

we...

fucking...

rule!!!

still thanks for the map, wouldve loved to see it in ironfist (or was it hand) mod, but hey things cant go the way we want em! good luck next guy on the line! also still saying yuli somehow manages to make things WORSE while fixing the problem, a true dwarf at that! so lets get the lynch mob started if we dont have booze

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: November 29, 2013, 03:20:36 am »

oooh. First I thought there're elven guards around Anima's tomb. Elves and buckets. And withered mushrooms. Damn tilesets.

This place is turning into cheese, every reclaim digs more and more wormholes.

And whatever Anima said about magma, I think it's worth making a railroad and pour a few drops at the surface, to burn down all the garbage left outside.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 272