Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 790424 times)

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Sacked, Salted, and Buried (Deathgate II)
« Reply #2025 on: December 17, 2013, 03:37:51 pm »

If I'm reading things right, it's Pufferfish, then Mr. Strange, then me, then Lolfail0009. Somebody needs to find Anima to edit the front page. Or make a new one (mutiny!).

Make new Anima? I'm ok with that... just get someone else to play Igor.
Also, your list is wrong, reading from the OP peregarrett was before (and after) Yuli started, so next would be (maybe) Krevsin and then wlerin, Kazimuth, Tryrar, Kefkakrazy and gunpowdertea, unless I'm mistaken and they wanted to skip their turns.

Also, I can't open the save Yuli uploaded. Is it just me, or...
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: December 17, 2013, 04:27:56 pm »

Also, your list is wrong, reading from the OP peregarrett was before (and after) Yuli started, so next would be (maybe) Krevsin and then wlerin, Kazimuth, Tryrar, Kefkakrazy and gunpowdertea, unless I'm mistaken and they wanted to skip their turns.

No, I killed the fort (well, allowed it to be finished off after Yuli killed it). Yuli stepped in to reclaim, but his most recent turn falls outside the existing order. Kazimuth is next going by the old list, but last time I messaged him he was busy. Should probably check again...

No idea where SanDiego's list came from.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 04:30:25 pm by wlerin »
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: December 17, 2013, 05:11:56 pm »

I gathered people who posted for turn after reclaim has been anounced.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: December 17, 2013, 08:10:32 pm »

What shit I signed up? Agh I don't remember that. I can't do it. Finals week, ahahaaa.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: December 18, 2013, 11:04:41 am »

If I'm reading things right, it's Pufferfish, then Mr. Strange, then me, then Lolfail0009. Somebody needs to find Anima to edit the front page. Or make a new one (mutiny!).

Make new Anima? I'm ok with that... just get someone else to play Igor.

did you try to turn it off and on again
did you unzip it first?
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: December 20, 2013, 12:09:43 am »

Terry was here...
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: December 22, 2013, 05:01:48 am »

T̮͇͕̙̟̮͋̀ͯ̈́͗̓̕e̢̛̞͎̰̟̣̅͛ͤ͛͑̈̌r̮͇͙̂ͣr̵̼̰̉̉̿y̡͈̘̗͇̰̝̰͈̪̒ ̙̤̉ͥ̏̍ͪ͢͜w̪̤͕̐ą̵̣̘̱̞̥̮̲̄̐̋͂̏s͔̜̰̗̱̘̩ͪ͗͠ ̢̹̮̩̰̻͈̣̟ͮ͋ͤ͗̌ͪ͌̀̕h̳̮̞̠̰̳̋̂̈͑͘ͅe͕̻̗̙̠̜̱ͮͣͅr̎ͣ͝҉̟̪̙̦̤̼̹e̶̳̗̰͙ͩ͂ͪ́.̅ͮ̒ͭͦ҉̻̗͚̟͙͇̦͞.̬͕̭̥̰̗͓͚͌̈̿ͮ͋̀͞͠.̎ͩ͏̭̭͉
wat

Alright, before the next overseer starts his or her turn I should remind you of a few things. You know, so the fortress doesn't die within a year after my turn again. Again.

At the moment, the fortress is very close to starving. In my obsession with the underground farms I didn't notice that we lost all of our plump helmet spawn. I repeat, we are out of plump helmet spawn
Currently the dwarves are living off tallow biscuits that are constantly being produced in a kitchen in the underground farm area. They are being made from a huge pile of tallow that is left from the previous forts. It should keep us alive for a while, but it is only a matter of time until we run out of booze. You should try to set up a berry farm in the aboveground fort so we can brew again. You may try to search the old fort for seeds, but be careful with reclaiming stuff. There's still enough gecko sauce on some of those eggroast to kill everyone in the fortress.
You may even have to trade with the elves. Have fun.
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: December 22, 2013, 05:10:10 am »

I'm going to be laughing so hard if we die again, this time to starvation. Our new goal seems to be to fall in all the ways a fortress can.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: December 22, 2013, 02:57:03 pm »

Checklist of Dwarven Doomy Deaths of Doomy Doom

Food Poisoning?  check

Catsplosion?

Fortress-wide Minecart Accident?

"Laser Shark ahs gone Berserk!"?

TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: December 22, 2013, 07:07:53 pm »

Ahem:

Forgotten Beast -- check (killed most of the fort)
Kobolds -- check (finished the fort off)
Food Poisoning -- check (killed most of the fort)
Goblins -- check (finished the fort off)
Starvation -- ?
Sobriety-induced Tantrum Spiral -- ?

"Safest" bet is probably to send a group to gather plants in the cavern, or if they are accessible, one of the underground soil areas within the fort.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 07:17:27 pm by wlerin »
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: December 22, 2013, 08:10:03 pm »

murdermachines, the place where were trying to see how many ways a fortress can fall...

im betting were just being lazy at this point and just torturing the poor ass dwarves...

anyway going to go see the hobbit desolation of smaug...i wonder just how THAT fortress dies off...

(gold induced greed...wait....have we counted off greed as being the way a fort dies from having repeated dragon attacks? as well as covering everything in gold....)

NEW IDEA:COVER THE ENTIRE FLOOR/WALLS OF THE FORT IN GOLD AND ENGRAVE THEM!!!! the bedrooms can be silver (the noblity gets gold, and the highest positions of the fort get adamantium when we mine it, after we made and entire sqaud of adamantium armoured/armed troops)

then we can test if gold-fever-sickness really does effect dwarves...i want to see them drive off even the spawn in gold induced fever rush!
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: December 22, 2013, 10:08:54 pm »

Just added myself to the dorf list, kinda hope that my dorf might be put into the next reclaim group :P

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: December 23, 2013, 01:39:07 am »

welcome to the ongoing madness that is dwarf fortress deathgate series of chaos, death, despair, ederitch horrors from beyond, frogotten beast goo covered eggs, goblins raiding, kolbolds ending us in a silent deadly blow....and finally madness from hell!!!

thats just a typical granite for us to! dont even want to mention at the end of the year parties at obsidean...

by the way...movie was fucking awsome...true in dwarf nature to use a complicated plan to take down a fire-drake of the north by useing a old mold filled with golden liquid...shame it didnt kill smaug but hey, it did hurt the awsome-asshole of chaos and despair...cheif calamity of the ages...

lets get one!!! ( i shall call him smaug the second...and if we get him a lady freind all the better to take over the world by flying on the backs of death on wings!!!)

Just Some Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: December 23, 2013, 06:49:50 pm »

Can we bulid a new dining room centered around a child boiling chamber?

With windows, of course. Wouldn't want to miss the spectacle of children being scalded to death.

Also, capture a forgotten beast and find a way to harvest dust in order to use by means of chemical warfare.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: December 23, 2013, 07:37:14 pm »

I think we should try what was done by accident in Deatgate (1.0): dwarven vaccination by using a relatively harmless syndrome on all dwarves.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 272