Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 785646 times)

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Sacked, Salted, and Buried (Deathgate II)
« Reply #2115 on: January 15, 2014, 05:04:12 pm »

Whenever I think of Canada, the first thing that springs to mind is a mental image of a webcomic. This comic just happens to depict a Canadian mad scientist making an extremely polite attempt to attack the United States using adorable GM puppies. Then he asks for bagels.

Incidentally, how long do you think it will take (not counting the time it will take to get the fort up and running) to wipe out the Voidspawn? Because this fortress lacks the amusing genocide (of both elves, dwarves, demons and goblins) of the original.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: January 16, 2014, 03:45:40 am »

Au contraire, my amis. We do have genocide of Dorfs, and that has to count for something...
I guess the Voidspawn are really a bit too badass to wipe them out in one go. There was the plan to pit them against the clowns in the assrena, but we do need some more construction work till that is set up correctly.
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: January 16, 2014, 04:52:32 am »

Guys I was rereading Deathgate and the next thing I know my MAC address is on watch by my local police. (Got redirected to their site, saying my browser was in lockdown pending further investigation)

Terry may have infiltrated the authorities.

HE COULD BE ANYWHERE.

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: January 16, 2014, 08:54:12 am »

Well, that sounds like a scam to me...

Edit: Wait, your MAC? How is that even visible outside the local network (that is, before you reach the first switch or so)?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 12:28:50 pm by gunpowdertea »
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: January 16, 2014, 12:43:34 pm »

Have you tried asking the authorities why they are watching you? If you are being monitored and blocked, I believe you have the right (by law) to demand an explanation.

Of course, the law may be different where you are. But I'm pretty sure they can't arrest you for asking.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: January 16, 2014, 01:32:17 pm »

Guys I was rereading Deathgate and the next thing I know my MAC address is on watch by my local police. (Got redirected to their site, saying my browser was in lockdown pending further investigation)

Terry may have infiltrated the authorities.

HE COULD BE ANYWHERE.

That is almost certainly a malware you've picked up someplace. Get a virus scanner, not a lawyer.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: January 16, 2014, 09:00:49 pm »

If it is malware, the authorities probably like to know that someone is impersonating them and get to tracking the jerkwad down, anyways.

We just derailed, didn't we.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: January 16, 2014, 09:48:14 pm »

Hardly the worst derail Murdermachines has experienced.

Seriously, I'm pretty sure I've heard of a malware that redirects your browser and claims to be the cops. Get your comp cleaned.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: January 16, 2014, 10:56:12 pm »

On another topic, I found a thread which claims it can wipe out all traces of hells existence (and mine slade). Given that this fortress's predecessor was the first succession fortress to colonize hell, it only makes sense that at some point we'd try to step it up, so here it is:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135431.0

On a similar note, ever since Deathgate colonized hell, hell has been spelled with a lowercase "h". Good Job.  ;D

GENERATION 32:

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: January 17, 2014, 08:11:10 am »

America!
Canada!
America!
Canada!
Alaska!
APPLE!
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: January 18, 2014, 04:44:26 am »

As it turns out, it was malware. The guy contacted me (he only got my old school email address, somehow) and called me, and I quote, "a fucking cyber-paladin for being able to hide from his bot". He even sent me the data he got from me, which wasn't much even decrypted.

E:
America!
Canada!
America!
Canada!
Alaska!
APPLE!

Sigged :3

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: January 19, 2014, 02:31:54 am »

meh, im bored...any news on the carnage? plus the fact out dwarves were wiped out in a genocide by FBS and egg roasts as well as kolbolds...thats not funny...its not even amusing...if we fell to a fb i would be fine, if we fell to the egg roasts i would be tempted to dump them all into magam or leave them for the theivs to dine on...or the elves...i suggest we round up all the eggroasts and put them outside when the elven caravan comes...

DF hack can be used to do this...within reason...just dump everything on the surface to one spot, put the egg roasts on another, get the rest of the crap in the old fort, and then sit tight and fucking dont go outside unless migrants come...even then dont fucking go outside...wait till pops reach 100...put all miners/masons/engraves into one slot, carpenters, wood cutters into another, let the farmers do all the farming shit, metalsmiths do metal and shit, anything remotely useful to the forts utmost survival, anyone else is in the millitary given basic armour we can find and smelt, i suggest we get at least copper or iron before we send out the dwarves into fighting goblins and shit, also make their their legendary wrestlers level 100 frist, i suggest the danger room with TRAINNING SPEARS ONLY! to make this happen, anyone with over 4k might, or has the best stats in the millitary becomes to new avatar of Anima...at which point he becomes the fortreses champion and is privy to a Silver warhammer, or steel, and the finest adamantine armour we can make...(helm, chainmail, breastplate, gauntlets, chain leggings, greaves, high boots, and once armour and dodge is 100 or at least over 60, give him a shield!) then at which point we can begin the slow decimation of all the voidspawn and prove that WE oveerseers, the body wraiths! the deziens of the void! the dwarves of deathgate! rule over all!

then march onto hell, breach it and make it our bitch again! this time moving everyone in the fort into the damn place while making a damn fucking waterfall, as well as a sun shaft down into hell itself! for sunberries! and other fricken crops that we can think off! as well as making every damn dragon and beasty that comes into our slaves/pets! the demons? HA we can LURE them into the great area where the voidspawn, goblins, and our dwarve await for their...decimation!!! let the world burn under our gaze...for we of deathgate shall march forever more into the darkness into more and more desolate fortresses in the name of !!!!!FFFFFUUUUUNNNNN!!!!!!....

and war dragons!!!

i want war dragons...make me when i get there the sole animal trainner! (next fort should have full on out savegry, beasts, some civs, and the whole fricken wastland of doom setting!)

hey guys...just had an idea...wanna remake mordor in the next fort? start next to a volcano, and build a fucking tower to live in...our darves can mine underground while they live in a massive fucking spiral of death and chaos...all made to be the shrine of our dark and glorious reign over the lands! and unlike a certain dark lords tower, ours will not fall! nor shall it be unmade if a bloody halfling dumps animas present down the damn forge, or was it the goblin slave thing? anyway thats what i suggest we do...other then try to tame cave spiders and gaint cave spiders...wait...

idea...we must name the frist gaitn spider we get Shelob! (or ungoliant...yes i am a lotr fan...wood elves can kiss my fricken ass...i watched the desolation of smaug...want to kill elves more then anything right now...anyway we can go to a middle earth setting and delcare full on out war with the elves as we take over mordor?)
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: January 19, 2014, 02:37:53 am »

in case anyones wondering just had a very large bottle of pepsi earlier and supplementing my sugar rush with another smaller bottle of cherry pepsi...not to mention my ADD is making my brain go wild with crazy ass ideas on how to pump lava up through the battlements of our maybe one day tower made of obsiadean and slade...ooozing magma and water...with enternally burning rocks around the fort filled with cages of elves stripped naked put against the very top of the moutain fo flame as our scourges flay the flesh of men, goblins, and demons alike...

okay better watch the sugar content for a few days...starting to creep myself out with the grusome images that would make any horror movie ethusiastist cringe in fear...and the sheer fact i hate watch horror style movies makes it even worse for me...feeling the effects of DF-withdrawl now...
(wish me luck guys...just another 2 weeks before i can get my fill in again!!!)

also concerning somones question, alaskans are nice people...well shake your hand, give you a hug, and maybe make off with somthing of yours if your not paying attention, and thats in the sedder parts of town...if you happen to run into the rednecks...dont piss them off..seriously...their worse then the ones down in the lower 48...my uncle is in a class all of his own...
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: January 19, 2014, 03:34:50 am »

At this point I think we're just waiting for the next version to come out (which should be Soon©) and starting Deathgate-3: The Deathening

Also, sorry about killing the fort AGAIN, especially since it appears I was last on the overseer list
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: January 19, 2014, 03:43:49 am »

DF hack can be used to do this...within reason...just dump everything on the surface to one spot, put the egg roasts on another, get the rest of the crap in the old fort, and then sit tight and fucking dont go outside unless migrants come...
...just dump everything on the surface to one spot, put the egg roasts on another, get the rest of the crap in the old fort, and then sit tight and fucking dont go outside unless migrants come...
ONE DOES NOT SIMPLY
GET THE SURFACE CRAP
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 272