Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 777573 times)

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Sacked, Salted, and Buried (Deathgate II)
« Reply #2175 on: January 22, 2014, 08:54:31 am »

Yuli, is there any significant difference? How are things as of your reclaim? I didn't put in a great deal of time on it last night so I can try it again on your save.

Current status: I abandoned and reclaimed to clear the siege and deployed with seven dwarves. Six of them made it into Lashidang's hillhole and are tunnelling towards Deathgate proper, which still appears to be sealed; the seventh moronically ran out towards the gates instead of the hillhole and is likely to be eaten by something. Not a grue, sadly, but god damn near everything else is out there, including voidspawn and, if I'm not mistaken, the fabled source of the gecko sauce, which I'm god damn well shocked to see is still walking.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: January 22, 2014, 09:05:15 am »

Well, it looks as if Yuli build an airlock to let migrants into the fort.  I think he might've also worked on getting farms up and working (again)?  I'm basing this purely on what I can see from the thread itself, there's no way I'm downloading this, it'd probably turn my PC into a !!PC!!
We're basically feasting on eldritch abomination cookies. I love this game.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: January 22, 2014, 09:31:38 am »

Kefkakrazy's famed luck strikes once again, just after striking the earth. Maybe you should set up a new airlock with an atomsmasher built in. Use pressure plates to get it to close off the place from whatever tries to get in, and let in migrants via a side door.

WFW
WpF--->
WFW

W=wall
F=floodgate/whatever you want to use to keep beasties out
p=pressure plate and site on which the bridge hits (you can build bridges over pressure plates, right? If not, use the following design).
Spoiler: Alternate design (click to show/hide)
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: January 22, 2014, 10:40:44 am »

probably gonna reset with yuli's save, we'll see once I get home and unpack it.

For what it's worth, on that particular iteration the moron dwarf that wandered off into the fucking self-sustaining reaction of war and death that is our surrounding environment was Grombardring, one of the two dwarves I actually named for the reclaim.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: January 22, 2014, 11:17:07 am »

Heh.  What can I say, I wanted to see Murdermachines for myself?  :P

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: January 22, 2014, 06:39:09 pm »

welp, gotta work out how to work yuli's crap.

Yuli, this here migrant airlock. How do I work it? That is to say, where are the levers?

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: January 22, 2014, 11:32:16 pm »

damn, i wonder what the story will be like when you finish your turn or whatever stability (yes..i said the S word foklks, ge over it, we cant invade hell and cklaim it with seven dwarves...unless we get anothwer instance of just losing one dwarf to a clown rush..who did that again? we might need another one, but with voidspawn this time...i wonder how that will go...voidspawn versus the clowns?) rambling aside, good luck dude onn getting the fortress to live...i suggest we one day dig into one of the main parts of the halls in murdermachines, and seal off the caverns for good untill we have a good amount of dwarves to throw at the FB's there...so simply stay out of the cavarns and keep the gates closed and well be fine...unless we kill overselves again!

good luck fellas, and keep the carnage going! (periods of peace and plenty followed by constant warfar and death!!! ALL HAIL TERRY)
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: January 23, 2014, 08:12:52 am »

hmh, airlock? i dug out a large underground area. there should be two purple levers next to each other somewhere in there. the northern one controls the northern airlock-bridge, the southern one the southern.
Yuli, is there any significant difference? How are things as of your reclaim?
The good news is that we got inside the fort and dug out some shit without me killing almost nobody.
Let that sink in for a moment.
I also put about ten ghosts to rest, which is nice. Our biggest problem is our food supply. I reclaimed alot of...idk what that can be used by kitchens to make edible stuff (the dwarves are feasting on voidspawn tallow biscuits right now) but we don't have any plump helmet spawn or anything else that we can used to make booze. And we are running out of booze quickly.

Here's my advice. Try to salvage some seeds from the surface and get a berry farm going. Try to survive until the dwarven caravan arrives and buy all of their booze and seeds. Stay away from the caverns. Build some funny shit.
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: January 23, 2014, 08:29:34 am »

The funny shit can wait until we have a stable (oh Armok, my sides hurt) fort...

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: January 23, 2014, 12:06:46 pm »

The funniest thing is that we're basically feasting on eldritch abomination cookies. I love this game.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: January 23, 2014, 04:41:18 pm »

If by "feasting" you mean "spasming on floor, foaming at mouth, courtesy of paralysing agent" then yeah, we feast on them.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: January 23, 2014, 04:45:47 pm »

D4E, mind if I sig that?  ^_^

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: January 23, 2014, 11:26:54 pm »

The funniest thing is that we're basically feasting on eldritch abomination cookies. I love this game.

Hehehe...

"Good evening,... Sir? Would you like a tentacle demon table?

"You insult the pure horror that is I, (insert Eldritch Abomination name here)?!"

/does unmentionable things to waiter here/
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: January 24, 2014, 01:17:49 am »

save the liver and the heart dude! the brain can go...

well need those two parts of the /eldritch Abomination/ ritual going to happen tomorrow, also hope kefka updates soon, im really looking forward to what the frist year of deathgate looks like! bring dogs as meatsheilds dude! (ill train em up good!...maybe a few beatings with a limb of a goblin will do the trick to entice the dogs to bite goblin parts...may need voidspawn in the future to tempt the meatshields to sheild us from the main threat!)

i also suggest we find a way to weaponize any sort of wildlife that happens in the area or that we can buy from merchants...

(df hack regrass? to keep pastures full of grass and not starving animals)

sooo.....any ideas on how to keep this going untill the next update from kefka? i suggest we do random songs in Df...
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: January 24, 2014, 02:29:46 am »

Well, I've been runningsavescumming an Adventure Mode character for a while, I could tell you how that goes :P

So far, I've died three times against a Minotaur before I decided to train up first, three times against various human bandits (turns out clothes don't really protect you against four-on-one, or morningstars to the face), and have brained a guy with a bag of gold (as it turns out, disarming my -saguaro rib long sword- was a bad idea)
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 272