Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 777634 times)

Re: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)
« Reply #2370 on: February 26, 2014, 10:02:34 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This pleases me.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: February 26, 2014, 10:19:48 pm »

The Void Gnostics
Urist 16
1. On the first day of summer, the Firstborn, Lord of the Void, decended unto the mortal realm once more.  And he came to take the body of Kogsak Sakzulus.  He made himself known to his people of the Fortress of Murdermachines.

2. From his follows came song of praise and worship that was heard by all the men and beasts of the realm.

3. And so he spoketh unto his people, "My name is AnimaRytak, Firstborn of Terry,  Prime Disciple of He Who Dwells Within the Void.  Through I there is salvation for those that would worship my name and follow the blessed word."

4. And the Lord spoke, "Minkerrow has returned unto the void.  But fear not, for life is not unbreaking for the faithful.  The chosen shall live again and without ending for enternity."

5. And the praise and worship was again heard by the men and beast of the realm.

6. "I shall lift thee up amongst thy mortals.  And you shall liveth like a lion amongst a flock.  Those who desireth life unending must follow my laws."

7. "The unfaithful, the unclean, the unworthy; all must be cast forth from the gaze of ye Lord."

8. "Thou shalt not live amongst the goblins, nor trolls, nor kobolds, nor voidspawn.  Nor shall the faithful endure their existence."

9. "Thou shalt not consort with any elves other than Cacame."

10. And thou shalt only consort with clean humans.  Do not stand with those who are mishappen, or blind, or lame.

11. "Now harkon my followers, be faithful to my commandments and cleanse this Holy Land in the name of thine Lord."

12. And so went forth the masses, lead by their Lord.   He gripped a warhammer of slade in his left hand and a great battleaxe of adamantine in his right.  Unto his enemies he brought great suffering, and his armies great sorrow.

13. With his great strength, the Firstborn fells dozens of enemies.  When he laid hands upon an enemies limbs, they were claimed by him.

14. From the battles, the great NCommander was injured, and thus loses his arm beneath his left shoulder.  And Wlerin lost his right hand.  And Ulborb is stabbed in the foot.

15. The Firstborn laid hands upon his injured followers, and their injuries became that of the flesh.

16. And the next day Wlerin rose from his bed and went unto the fortress.  NCommander and Ulborb languished in their beds, despite the Firstborns blessing.

17. And hence, the Goblins and Trolls were removed from Murdermachines, and all was well in the kingdom of the Void.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: February 26, 2014, 10:30:29 pm »

And thus we return unto our shadow-gilded throne.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: February 26, 2014, 11:03:58 pm »

He's just... he's just ripping arms off. Casually. Like it ain't no thang.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Shaggard

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't need no arms to strangle, nor teeth to bite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: February 26, 2014, 11:15:17 pm »

Realistically, the Voidgod's invulnerability should more than make up for a lack of solid armor. Get some broody tanners trained up, terrify the enemies of the great lord by having our champion wear a full suit of artifact dwarf leather. If they're not too busy soiling the ground with the emptying of entrails, their hypothetical tails will be between their dismembered legs in a wink.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: February 26, 2014, 11:20:56 pm »

Dual-wielding weapons that differ? That's fine.
One of those weapons is made of fucking SLADE?? That's fine.

Removal of limbs? WATAFAK IS HAPPENING CALL 000 WE HAVE AN EMERGENCY

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: February 26, 2014, 11:44:38 pm »

fellas....i consign myself to the void...

may he not trap me forever in a abyss of pain and suffering...

also this scares me more then Vg on a rampage...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This pleases me.

can i have my dragon please? i need somthing to cower beheind and pray that he doesnt cast his most melevolent gaze upon me...

also the only thing worse than a slade Hammer and a aadamantine battleaxe would be for the axe to be made of adamantine adborned with demon flame and the axe to a atom crusher itself.

but then HE might show again...i dont want to spend enternity in the void...not when i filled my last hosts lungs with the decay of the air, the ash in the wind, feeling the blood soaked ground beneath my feet...the screams echoing within my ears...and the sight that would be the envy of any dark lords hold...Murdermachines...

plus now that HE is now in the forums i think we need to be extermly carefull of Offending His Most Deadly FPS Death/Save Canceling/Life cancel/Undeath Canceling powers...

im starting to think were creating a whole new religon here on deathgate...somone inform the creator of the gods that a new member (more powerful then even Armok) has risen...

also lets hope HE doesnt overlord the fort next...i really dont want to be there when he shows up. but knowing my luck...Terry might start being an overseer just for the laughs as he casts his most melevolent gaze upon us for amusement (both in blessings and in curses...mostly curses me thinks for the laughs...and unexplainable host Deaths!)

seriously though, ive been gone for a day maybe and look what happens...also who opened the save file that Let Him be Unleashed!?! cause im certain as hell thought he would be tormenting those poor bastards back at deathgate 1 for the lolz...unless...

dorfs....

hes come to finish the job
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:BITE:16]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: February 27, 2014, 12:06:36 am »

Dual-wielding weapons that differ? That's fine.
One of those weapons is made of fucking SLADE?? That's fine.

Removal of limbs? WATAFAK IS HAPPENING CALL 000 WE HAVE AN EMERGENCY
He BIT off the limbs, which is badass. The VoidGod must have made of adamantine or something.

On another note, who votes putting the VG in Space Marine Terminator armor? 
When all is lost, remember the bees.
What the fuck. Is some random undorfed recruit now our new Darkwing? Hell, even Darkwing just managed to kill two clowns before he went down. It's beyond me that a frigging recruit in the Official Voidspawn Feeding Detachment managed a triple kill on Forgotten Armokhumping Beasts.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: February 27, 2014, 07:59:23 am »

Wait, guys... This is His second coming right? You know what that means:
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: February 27, 2014, 11:53:25 am »

What if I happen to believe that the first and third comings of the Voidgod were Ambassador (Of The Void) and EGGUANA?

Also, was the Slay'dhammer made via DFHack or the proper, Deathgate way of giving moody dwarves access to impossible materials? If the first, shame on you, The Voidgod doesn't need it to turn stuff into small, mushy heaps of flesh. If the second, yay, we pulled another flamesword. What was the flamesword o' doom called?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 12:03:19 pm by Dwarf4Explosives »
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: February 27, 2014, 12:42:03 pm »

I think it was simply The Red Monster Sword.  It didn't need any other descriptions, for there was no other.
We're basically feasting on eldritch abomination cookies. I love this game.

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:BITE:16]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: February 27, 2014, 03:45:11 pm »

I think it was simply The Red Monster Sword.  It didn't need any other descriptions, for there was no other.
It simply is. *holy music*
When all is lost, remember the bees.
What the fuck. Is some random undorfed recruit now our new Darkwing? Hell, even Darkwing just managed to kill two clowns before he went down. It's beyond me that a frigging recruit in the Official Voidspawn Feeding Detachment managed a triple kill on Forgotten Armokhumping Beasts.

Just Some Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: February 27, 2014, 06:19:01 pm »

You do realize that once the Void God kicks the bucket again, we're screwed?

Did we even have a militia last time? I mean, the Void God had the killing power of five elite squads. All we had to do was to point him in the right direction and he'd reduce whatever enemy he found into a bloody paste. We depended on him too much; once he was gone, we didn't stand a chance.

Use the Void God only as long as we lack any militia of use; once we have obtained a regular army, dispose of him as you see fit.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: February 27, 2014, 07:13:11 pm »

Or we keep him as the emergency failsafe and demonstrate that, no matter how bad a bunch of madmen can screw things up, a bunch of people making rational decisions with the intention to be insane can do so much more.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Shaggard

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't need no arms to strangle, nor teeth to bite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: February 27, 2014, 07:13:59 pm »

You do realize that once the Void God kicks the bucket again, we're screwed?

Did we even have a militia last time? I mean, the Void God had the killing power of five elite squads. All we had to do was to point him in the right direction and he'd reduce whatever enemy he found into a bloody paste. We depended on him too much; once he was gone, we didn't stand a chance.

Use the Void God only as long as we lack any militia of use; once we have obtained a regular army, dispose of him as you see fit.

Setting up a regular army ain't that difficult, if a slight investment. Just got to scroll through available dwarves for their physical traits, find those most useful to the military as a whole, and put them into training squads with defined equip weapons. Get a solid cap, leggings, mail, gauntlets, and low boots along with a wooden shield, and their stats'll rise real quick. Armor user and shield user'll be the most prevalent for survival, dodging's more of a consequence. Easier when you have experienced war dwarves, as their sparring goes 80+ pages of the taps.
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 272