Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 786621 times)

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)
« Reply #2790 on: April 01, 2014, 03:27:58 pm »

I would have finished off Baru but he has poision blood and it was strong enough to kill past-Anima. It's also immune to traps.
I've just got a brilliant idea... are voidspawn immune to its blood? I think no, but have to check.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: April 01, 2014, 06:17:49 pm »

Haha. I like that idea. :) I really, really hope it works. Just in case you should build a safety hatch.

TheGhostKing

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: April 01, 2014, 09:40:18 pm »

Can i get in line for a turn running the fort after peregarrett?

Shaggard

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't need no arms to strangle, nor teeth to bite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: April 01, 2014, 09:46:18 pm »

Which magma-filled basin?
This one.

Woo! Also, you can try to make an adamantine sword please? I tried on my turn, but they kept using it for lame artifacts like "Nutglide".
Unfortunately there's already some posessed glassmaker. Do we have a glass furnace? Looks like we don't...

The pumps and channels: Please don't touch the pipework near the surface. It's an unfinished project that could potentially flood several layers of the fort and put out the magma forges.
Okay. I hope trolls will do not touch it too.

Don't mine out the last block holding in Baru, the cage traps don't work. The caverns are pretty well defended, and shouldn't give you any trouble.
Baru is busy destroing the artifact coffin

And suddenly it's not designated to be Anima's tomb, though there's body of his previous incernations. The tomb is set as resting place of Feldrain 2nd.

And Baru doesn't feel good. Someone tried to carve him alive? Maybe We should finish him off, for the misery.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And there's another group of migrants.
It's all a clever ruse, dwarf brother. All those scars just equivalate to a suit of eldritch leather over it's already elritchy leather skin, and a broken hand? They that dwell below the under furnace have no care for such petty inclinations as minor maiming.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: April 02, 2014, 04:34:25 am »

Posessed glassmaket got mad, 'cause everyone were too busy to build a furnace. Screw him, we can live without useless glass trinket.

Working on capturing Baru and bleed him for use. Currently setting up bridges at cage trap corridor.

Those who don't have moodable skill how have weaponsmithing enabled and a task to make infinite number of silver bolts ordered. You never can have too much bolts.

Ringo, our captain of guard has sword and crossbow in one hand, and a hammer in another, and a silver whip is enlisted in his uniform. I have no idea how he's going to use it, so I just set guards using swords and whips only.
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: April 02, 2014, 08:00:16 am »

Mm, yeah but it can be good for metals. If the leaders allow us to trade an artifact.

Good luck!

Mmm... I purchased metals and we should have a bunch of scrap silver everywhere to be melted down. Not to mention all the bolts of many metals throughout the fort.

Haha! Be prepared! Fire a bolt, smash it with a hammer, slice it's head off, and use the whip for punishment!

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: April 02, 2014, 03:56:25 pm »

It's summer. Elven caravan has spawnet at the southers palisade, and I spent a few time looking for right lever to let them in.

Baru Blood Donation system has been designed and now we're waiting for miners to dig it. I think I need MORE miners. MUCH MORE.

Magma basin platform is being constructed. Soon there will be the first bloodspatter that baptizes it.

A few peasants got some skill in weaonsmithing, so they were removed from that job.

Mostly nothing happens. Giant rat have stolen cave fish. Masons are making coffins. Someone have seen a ghost of Puff, and a glazer started a tantrum posessed by another ghost. Booooooring

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: April 02, 2014, 08:52:33 pm »

Be careful trading with elves, last year I had to kill them.

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:BITE:16]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: April 02, 2014, 10:17:01 pm »

Be careful trading with elves, last year I had to kill them.
When don't we have to kill them?
---------------------------------------
By the way, are you people still dorfing people?
When all is lost, remember the bees.
What the fuck. Is some random undorfed recruit now our new Darkwing? Hell, even Darkwing just managed to kill two clowns before he went down. It's beyond me that a frigging recruit in the Official Voidspawn Feeding Detachment managed a triple kill on Forgotten Armokhumping Beasts.

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: April 02, 2014, 10:50:55 pm »

a silver whip??? aww...but i like bleeding my enemies dry and flaying their flesh off their bones!!!

can i have the next whip (silver or steel, quality dont matter) and a hammer please? would work best for my skills.

and idea for why im not in charge this season...putting in the resident furry/mmoneymaker/goblin-brothel "Buisnes-dwarf" was a better idea, i had to many things to do in the warp for a time...untill the next 2? overseers jobs are done then ill have a crack at the fort. plus i shouldve put DF higher priority for my comp now i think about it.

also just had a wonderfully evil idea...make walls near the ramps around murdermachines, leave 1 entrence wide enough for caravans (with wagons) to get through, then make a corridor (one for the caravan, untrapped leading to a dead end where trade goods will be stored untill furthur use) and the trapped corridor, where our dwarves weapon,cage, and stone-fall traps will be put in, all either silver or steel weapons/cages, and heaviest rocks used!

finally floor over all that so no fliers can get in. and presto! murdermachines will be turned into a citidel...of course the area with the magma nearby wouldve been used to make an obsidean grea hall, fill it with magma, then have it cool off to make obsidean rock (it could replace the beacon as a place where our dwarveas are summoned, all convinently replicated as a great hall...put in artifact quality or masterwork tables, thrones, statues, ect. untill its worth at least 1/10 of the fort itself! to do so set a few of the industries to only use either the best workers *legendary or at least 2 lesser levels down* to make the items if no artifacts are to be made.)

anyway good luck peregarrett...and please dont make a furry/goblin brothel while im away...honestly, if your going to do somthing like that at least use real gold coins!!!! (better yet have some of our blacksmiths or at least one of them to make countless platinum, gold, and silver coins! silver would be the basic currency of the fort, gold would be for nobles, and platinum would be for animas own dark pleasure of having his own hoard in his tomb!)
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: April 03, 2014, 04:41:10 am »

Man. I just booted up a new DF with the latest LNP just to see how rusty I've gotten.

Holy sheepshit. The amount of progress they've made with things like DFhack. The planning modes. The UI achievements. I'm blown away.

Truly, the Word of the Internet is, "If you do not build it, they will hivemind it for you."
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: April 03, 2014, 08:27:36 am »

Truly, the Word of the Internet is, "If you do not build it, they will hivemind it for you."

Yup. It almost takes away my initiative to learn coding. Only my paranoid nature makes it worth it.

Also, I like most of your ideas Chaos Maker, but we actually need sky exposed areas. For farms at first and later for easy flooding of compartments from the sky fort. My suggestion would be a tower of ballistae to obliterate the flying idiots. That way, we can scavenge and reuse the bolts and such. Or at very least, train a squad in archery and have them station at varied points on the battlements to shoot things down. ( So we can scavenge the bolts and exploit the disproportionate amount of metal we can melt out of using individual bolts instead of stacks. )

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: April 03, 2014, 10:15:20 am »

Out of curiosity, I downloaded the last save and opened it up.

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

A few, half-naked dwarves roam a massive, incomprehensible fort. The surface is covered with bodies and random items. The caverns are a mess. There are corpses sitting at tables everywhere. A fisherdwarf is paralyzed at a table after putting on clothing covered in forgotten beast extract. Some keets just hatched. People are going missing and being found dead. Hallways that lead nowhere, multiple staircases to get to the same place. Random veins being excavated. Miasma fills the halls. Levers in random places. Engravings of voidspawn killing dwarves. Engravings of dwarves engraving. Random corpse stockpiles. Slabs for voidspawn. Everything is covered in Fungin's blood. I cannot wrap my mind around this fort. Screenshots just do not do the place justice. Just... what the fuck.

EDIT: I found out why everyone keeps dying. Someone unforbid the guineahen egg roasts. They are covered in deadly paralytic poison. That's the gecko sauce evryone was talking about a while back. Just forbid them and you should be fine.

EDIT2: Dwarf me as Flame, then make me a furnace operator. Someone needs to smelt all that ore.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 10:50:15 am by TheFlame52 »

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: April 03, 2014, 12:10:14 pm »

EDIT: I found out why everyone keeps dying. Someone unforbid the guineahen egg roasts. They are covered in deadly paralytic poison. That's the gecko sauce evryone was talking about a while back. Just forbid them and you should be fine.

EDIT2: Dwarf me as Flame, then make me a furnace operator. Someone needs to smelt all that ore.
Oh? Nobody died in my turn. Yet. And I think I checked those roasts... Actually, it was me who found them before fort crumbled to death last time, so I DO know how deadly they are.

Will dwarf you in next session. Things are going slow. And yes, the fort is an utter mess, and it gets worse and worse.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: April 03, 2014, 01:06:22 pm »

A few, half-naked dwarves roam a massive, incomprehensible fort. The surface is covered with bodies and random items. The caverns are a mess. There are corpses sitting at tables everywhere. A fisherdwarf is paralyzed at a table after putting on clothing covered in forgotten beast extract. Some keets just hatched. People are going missing and being found dead. Hallways that lead nowhere, multiple staircases to get to the same place. Random veins being excavated. Miasma fills the halls. Levers in random places. Engravings of voidspawn killing dwarves. Engravings of dwarves engraving. Random corpse stockpiles. Slabs for voidspawn. Everything is covered in Fungin's blood. I cannot wrap my mind around this fort. Screenshots just do not do the place justice. Just... what the fuck.
So what you are trying to say is "Bussiness as usual", right?
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 272