Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 785605 times)

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)
« Reply #3255 on: May 29, 2014, 07:41:55 am »

Could I please be redorfed as well?
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:BITE:16]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3256 on: May 29, 2014, 06:22:13 pm »

(Short update today, sorry)
Journal of Saber Idarban Elbelsoloz Zan, Godslayer:
4th of Limestone, 271

We have some of our brethren returning from the void today.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I suppose its good for them to be brought back. Meh.

7th of Limestone, 271
Fucking nobles. I swear, they'll lock anyone up for anything.

Holy Armok. I was walking down the hall when I stumbled upon Talonis and her child, Ustuth. We exchanged words for a bit, then she went her way. As she left, her child looked at me. She stared at me with a unsettling grin on her face, her eyes as dark and as cold as The Abyss. I thought with a chill, "Where have I seen those eyes before?".

Then, Terry came up from behind me and said calmly, "That is my daughter. The reincarnation of the one you slew. The late AnimaRytak.". I couldn't suppress a gasp when he said that. Then, he said "Don't act so surprised. You knew he would return one day. Perhaps not as a infant, but nevertheless. I should think he will want to reclaim his position here in this Vortex of Death. So, 'Godslayer', Be ready to slay again." He walked away, leaving me to wonder how he knew all this.
So Anima is back. If she should want a rematch, I will give her one. Obviously, she will need to grow up first.

When all is lost, remember the bees.
What the fuck. Is some random undorfed recruit now our new Darkwing? Hell, even Darkwing just managed to kill two clowns before he went down. It's beyond me that a frigging recruit in the Official Voidspawn Feeding Detachment managed a triple kill on Forgotten Armokhumping Beasts.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: May 29, 2014, 10:08:26 pm »

Added myself to the dorfinator.
Also, don't worry Saber. Chances are that one or both of you will die before Anima matures.
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Shaggard

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't need no arms to strangle, nor teeth to bite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: May 29, 2014, 11:51:44 pm »

Shaggard's unnaturally humane death shall be semi-avenged by himself. There's gonna be some troll jerky in next month's gruel.

Sadly, excessive height and mighty muscles don't stop drowning.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: May 31, 2014, 10:43:58 am »

Shaggard's unnaturally humane death shall be semi-avenged by himself. There's gonna be some troll jerky in next month's gruel.

A swimming regime would, however. And boost stats at the same time!
All in favor of a small river in the middle of the meeting hall?
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Sig

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: May 31, 2014, 03:26:12 pm »

Aye! ( I was trying to set up one during my last turn. Does anyone know if Steve ever got completed or not? If not, I need to take another shot at this fort relatively soon. )

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: May 31, 2014, 03:46:49 pm »

Aye! ( I was trying to set up one during my last turn. Does anyone know if Steve ever got completed or not? If not, I need to take another shot at this fort relatively soon. )
Errr I have no idea where this Steve would be, nor do I know where the hell is the meeting hall is.
What the fuck. Is some random undorfed recruit now our new Darkwing? Hell, even Darkwing just managed to kill two clowns before he went down. It's beyond me that a frigging recruit in the Official Voidspawn Feeding Detachment managed a triple kill on Forgotten Armokhumping Beasts.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: May 31, 2014, 04:26:18 pm »

Errr I have no idea where this Steve would be, nor do I know where the hell is the meeting hall is.
You can check if a dining room is designated as a meeting hall with q, I think that using the list of rooms (R?) works too, not sure. You can also just make a new dining room and designate it as a meeting hall, but the more meeting halls there are the fewer dwarves will be in each, so to increase participation in swimming we'd want as few meeting halls as possible. Installing swim training at as many meeting halls as possible would work too.
Sig

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: June 01, 2014, 03:00:06 am »

I had an idea for a (reversible) dwarven waterslide, suitable for swimming training, fast transport and steam generation...
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: June 01, 2014, 04:42:36 am »

Steve is Steve. How have you not seen Steve? He takes up roughly an entire Z-level. ( The rest of it is the BATTERY,  which is his pacemaker. I haven't given him a heart yet. I need to do that. )

Kyronea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: June 02, 2014, 06:46:21 pm »

I was reading through this thread for so long that I think I gave up on being able to finish it somewhere around the time CaptainMcClellan showed up and all the text became impossible to read.

But I'm amazed this fort is still going. When I first stumbled across Deathgate and read through it, I figured its successor was already done too and that a third Deathgate was starting somewhere. Instead... I see that Murdermachines still lives, in some fashion or form.

No idea what's going on though. But it was a fun read for the most part! Tons of fun. This lady will likely be staying out of it though.
I have a woodcutter walking around who cancels his jobs and passes out every once and a while because he lost 3 of his 8 lungs

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: June 02, 2014, 06:50:41 pm »

I was reading through this thread for so long that I think I gave up on being able to finish it somewhere around the time CaptainMcClellan showed up and all the text became impossible to read.

But I'm amazed this fort is still going. When I first stumbled across Deathgate and read through it, I figured its successor was already done too and that a third Deathgate was starting somewhere. Instead... I see that Murdermachines still lives, in some fashion or form.

No idea what's going on though. But it was a fun read for the most part! Tons of fun. This lady will likely be staying out of it though.
Yep. It amazes us on a daily basis that this fort is still living.

And are you sure we can't tempt you with a turn? It really is a fun fortress to run. I never had so much ability to build undisturbed. ( Then again, I had a pact with the resident chaos deity that spared me most of the problems that befall the place. That's what most of the illegible text was about. )

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: June 02, 2014, 07:18:43 pm »

Yep. It amazes us on a daily basis that this fort is still living.

And are you sure we can't tempt you with a turn? It really is a fun fortress to run. I never had so much ability to build undisturbed. ( Then again, I had a pact with the resident chaos deity that spared me most of the problems that befall the place. That's what most of the illegible text was about. )
Murdermachines is a stubborn old goat on steroids indeed.

Shaggard

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't need no arms to strangle, nor teeth to bite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: June 02, 2014, 11:02:28 pm »

I'm still up for Deathgate 3 embarking near a necromancer tower. I had way too much fun having Urist McFarmer becoming Urist McHelsing as they violently beat captured necromancers to death with their bare dwarven fists.

Having a military so mentally /fucked that they really only need to drink and eat is also a plus, corpses are great at being traumatizing.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: June 02, 2014, 11:09:10 pm »

I'm still up for Deathgate 3 embarking near a necromancer tower. I had way too much fun having Urist McFarmer becoming Urist McHelsing as they violently beat captured necromancers to death with their bare dwarven fists.

Having a military so mentally /fucked that they really only need to drink and eat is also a plus, corpses are great at being traumatizing.
If you want a fort like that, just come over to mine. It's so insane that it's the home of the first transsexual dwarf. ( That said, I'm willing to punt it off on anyone who wants it. ) Here is the link. It uh... Has so far treated me worse than Murdermachines in every way and with the recent scandal, I'm willing to give it away.

EDIT: At any rate, how long am I looking at before I can take on MurderMachines again?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 11:11:06 pm by CaptainMcClellan »
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 272