Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 777600 times)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)
« Reply #3270 on: June 02, 2014, 11:15:41 pm »

Also... Will the next Deathgate be on the new version? ( I assume it's coming out around December... I hope I'm right. I figure the fort can last that long... I hope I'm right.)

EDIT: HURDUR... Ok. So I just read the actual devlogs and July. Wow. I'm really psyched for it. So DG3 will definitely be on DF2014 then?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 11:17:16 pm by CaptainMcClellan »

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:BITE:16]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: June 02, 2014, 11:50:22 pm »

If nothing interesting happens, I will make the next entry at the start of winter, so expect the end of my turn in 1-2 more entries.
also I have no idea how to upload forts into DF file depot, so i may need help when the times comes
When all is lost, remember the bees.
What the fuck. Is some random undorfed recruit now our new Darkwing? Hell, even Darkwing just managed to kill two clowns before he went down. It's beyond me that a frigging recruit in the Official Voidspawn Feeding Detachment managed a triple kill on Forgotten Armokhumping Beasts.

Kyronea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: June 03, 2014, 03:26:00 am »

I was reading through this thread for so long that I think I gave up on being able to finish it somewhere around the time CaptainMcClellan showed up and all the text became impossible to read.

But I'm amazed this fort is still going. When I first stumbled across Deathgate and read through it, I figured its successor was already done too and that a third Deathgate was starting somewhere. Instead... I see that Murdermachines still lives, in some fashion or form.

No idea what's going on though. But it was a fun read for the most part! Tons of fun. This lady will likely be staying out of it though.
Yep. It amazes us on a daily basis that this fort is still living.

And are you sure we can't tempt you with a turn? It really is a fun fortress to run. I never had so much ability to build undisturbed. ( Then again, I had a pact with the resident chaos deity that spared me most of the problems that befall the place. That's what most of the illegible text was about. )

I'm not really sure taking a turn would be wise... I haven't touched Dwarf Fortress since the 40d days, and I barely understood it even then. I'm not sure what I'd do with a turn on such a legendary fortress as this.
I have a woodcutter walking around who cancels his jobs and passes out every once and a while because he lost 3 of his 8 lungs

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: June 03, 2014, 03:34:32 am »

I was reading through this thread for so long that I think I gave up on being able to finish it somewhere around the time CaptainMcClellan showed up and all the text became impossible to read.

But I'm amazed this fort is still going. When I first stumbled across Deathgate and read through it, I figured its successor was already done too and that a third Deathgate was starting somewhere. Instead... I see that Murdermachines still lives, in some fashion or form.

No idea what's going on though. But it was a fun read for the most part! Tons of fun. This lady will likely be staying out of it though.
Yep. It amazes us on a daily basis that this fort is still living.

And are you sure we can't tempt you with a turn? It really is a fun fortress to run. I never had so much ability to build undisturbed. ( Then again, I had a pact with the resident chaos deity that spared me most of the problems that befall the place. That's what most of the illegible text was about. )

I'm not really sure taking a turn would be wise... I haven't touched Dwarf Fortress since the 40d days, and I barely understood it even then. I'm not sure what I'd do with a turn on such a legendary fortress as this.

You'd try, you'd fuck up, we'd all laugh about it later. That's what every turn has been, essentially.

Kyronea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: June 03, 2014, 04:42:04 am »

Well... I suppose I could give it a shot... what's the turn order list currently look like?
I have a woodcutter walking around who cancels his jobs and passes out every once and a while because he lost 3 of his 8 lungs

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3275 on: June 03, 2014, 07:23:43 am »

Well... I suppose I could give it a shot... what's the turn order list currently look like?

A dark voodoo statistics ritual involving a seven-sided die, fourteen pie charts, three XML documents, a random number generator, a psycho clown, a dart board, and our names in an out-dated spreadsheet file with compatibility issues that was written by Terry himself fifteen minutes in the future on a Windows 98. Or at least, that's all the parts I've been able to figure out so far. It's just easiest to say "Your turn comes when the game says so".

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: June 03, 2014, 07:34:10 am »

A dark voodoo statistics ritual involving a seven-sided die, fourteen pie charts, three XML documents, a random number generator, a psycho clown, a dart board, and our names in an out-dated spreadsheet file with compatibility issues that was written by Terry himself fifteen minutes in the future on a Windows 98. Or at least, that's all the parts I've been able to figure out so far. It's just easiest to say "Your turn comes when the game says so".

Either I'm incomprehensibly tired, or that is quotes-worthy.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: June 03, 2014, 08:10:20 am »

Either I'm incomprehensibly tired, or that is quotes-worthy.
You're probably just tired. Get some sleeps friend.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: June 03, 2014, 08:55:23 am »

I'm reviving my podcast, can I get a blurb from a participant of this fort to report on?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: June 03, 2014, 09:19:01 am »

BLURB.

Anything else I can help you with?

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: June 03, 2014, 10:01:40 am »

Maybe say something funny and meaningful about the fort.
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: June 03, 2014, 10:32:21 am »

Umm... Ok. The quotes section is really useful, but I could give a quick overview of my experience in a PM if you like.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #3282 on: June 03, 2014, 10:41:21 am »

Umm... Ok. The quotes section is really useful, but I could give a quick overview of my experience in a PM if you like.
Yeah, something like that would be nice.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: June 03, 2014, 10:56:30 am »

Ok. I'll do so after my nap.

Kyronea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: June 03, 2014, 11:38:38 pm »

Right. I'll prep my anti-darkness incantations, clutch my plushie to my chest, and hope the arcane winds don't make me lose my skirt again.

Also wait patiently for my turn. I'll do that too.

Spoilers for my turn: I will have no idea what's going on and will probably try to write a silly narrative.
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 272