Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 786426 times)

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)
« Reply #3510 on: September 12, 2014, 05:13:47 pm »

From the journal of "Wolfkit" Towergulfs the Gloved Papers of Permanency, Miner of Skulls
--

The first combat occurs surprising quickly! A group of trolls popped up right next to the fort and are ganging up on pitchblende!

Not sure pitchblende even has a hope right now...

*shudders*

A kobold in the fort? Why do these guys show up at sieges?

Battle begins, and it's hard to keep track of anything in the chaos. NCommander gets knocked down repeatedly by a troll until he manages to bash its head in, then takes on a group of speargoblins. Saber runs off to fight a squad of speargoblins but doesn't get the upper hand and ends up dodging into a pond... Ulborb bites a goblin in the head... The speargoblins try their hands at spearfishing for the ellusive sabertoothed fish...

Then a goblin axe lord attempts to chop my arm off, and I start paying attention to myself. Also, thank the bedrock for armor.

Yes...

While I head back to the main fighting after chasing down a bowgoblin, I notice Saber isn't doing so well. And is still in the pool. And is doing worse by the minute, but I'm distracted by another bowgoblin.

NO!

Enraged by Saber's death, we fight on.

I punch through a goblins skull, but I feel guilty about not using my pick. It's okay precious, I didn't mean anything by it...

The battle goes easily after that, though Maxwell Edison loses his left arm.

Unfortunately, Saber's body lies sunk i the water, so we will not even be able to give him a proper burial.
Why did Saber have to die? He was one of our best. The power of overseer and I couldn't save him. And Pitchblende, I ordered him to his death...

Autumn comes, and McIgnobel gives birth to a girl.
I change the military schedule to add 1 month off every 4 months. I think we could use some time off occaisonally to think about things... I do, especially.
I have been given a title by the other dwarves: Regmonom ěrlom, "The Gloved Papers of Permanency".

Microblighted became a legendary swordsdwarf while sparring with Ulborb!

Josh the Hawk withdraws from society...

...and claims a craftdwarf's workshop.

Why do we have the ghost of a dwarven child? What is wrong with this place?

Migrants!
1 stoneworker, 1 strand extractor, 1 miner, 1 wax worker, 1 woodcrafter, 1 fish cleaner. Only 6, and not one with military experience. Well, at least the miner might come in handy

It's worth 74,400☼.

Umm.... What in the name of granite does this even mean? Sigh, guess I'll qeue up ANOTHER slab to be engraved.

How many goblins must we kill for them to get the message?...

(OOC: Sorry about dissappearing for a while. There were a number of contributing factors ranging from lowwer FPS than anticipated to Borderlands 2 to math homework to losing my wallet. (I did get it back, but not until after I canceled my cards.) I'll finish my turn up this weekend though.)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 04:18:05 pm by Wolfkit »
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: September 12, 2014, 05:28:43 pm »

What the hell happened!? Where was everyone when saber was killed! He was a swordsmaster!

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: September 12, 2014, 05:44:29 pm »

What the hell happened!? Where was everyone when saber was killed! He was a swordsmaster!
Legendary swordsdwarf, yes. Legendary swimmer, notsomuch.
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Sig

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: September 12, 2014, 06:48:48 pm »

But why was he out by the ponds?

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: September 12, 2014, 07:08:58 pm »

Why do we have the ghost of a dwarven child? What is wrong with this place?
Welcome to the Murdermachines. Please leave your sanity at the door.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: September 12, 2014, 07:23:58 pm »

He saw a goblin squad and he charged. Problaby could have won if he didn't dodge into the freaking pond.
Sig

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3516 on: September 13, 2014, 07:52:42 am »

Okay, I could handle the ghost of a dwarven child and the death of Saber, but a voidspawn thrall's* ghost transforming into a dwarf is just weird.

*Since when are voidspawn willing to sell anything anyway? The only export they have is death, and they give that away for free.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:BITE:16]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: September 13, 2014, 10:34:50 am »

He saw a goblin squad and he charged. Problaby could have won if he didn't dodge into the freaking pond.
Blast! Curse my dodging skill.

And so my vendetta against ponds began.
When all is lost, remember the bees.
What the fuck. Is some random undorfed recruit now our new Darkwing? Hell, even Darkwing just managed to kill two clowns before he went down. It's beyond me that a frigging recruit in the Official Voidspawn Feeding Detachment managed a triple kill on Forgotten Armokhumping Beasts.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3518 on: September 15, 2014, 04:59:27 pm »

Sweet limestone everyone is dying. This is not going as well as I would have liked.
Sig

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: September 15, 2014, 07:08:07 pm »

From the journal of "Wolfkit" Towergulfs, the Gloved Papers of Permanency
--

I tell all the civilians to get inside and for the military to station within the aboveground walls. Don't want anydwarf running off into the ponds.
The first squad of goblins has almost reached the walls and-

What the magma are those trolls doing up there?

A seperate group of trolls is the first to head down the main path, and one of the gets brutalized by weapon traps.

A troll approaches! A singular troll. It doesn't have a chance. I almost feel sorry for it.

Meanwhile, the weapon traps claim another victim.
Another troll reaches our front line and Prosnorklus kills it, becoming an Axe Lord!

After turning a stream of trolls into a fine red mist, the goblins finally reach us.

The first goblin squad shows a bit more resistance but still are dying fairly quickly, so I decide to go to bed and ask how the battle went later.

Before I reach my room, I am told that the there are trolls in fort!

Shale and slate!
Thankfully, NCommander and Ulborb are nearby, so I give orders for thier squad to kill the trolls.

The seige is over, with no loss other than a miner who arrived in the last migrant wave and was killed by the trolls.

Winter is here.

A forgotten beast has come! Unlike Ono, this one is in a cavern layer where it can't reach us so I'm leaving it alone.

I've been hearing reports of troglodytes harassing civilians - no life threatening injuries yet though - so I sic the voidwraiths squad on the troglodytes.

Peregarr is taken by a fey mood! And claims a magma forge. Let's hope this is something good!

Wow. He added an image of the goblin whose arm bone he used as and ingrediant. Just, wow.
Also, it's worth 730,800☼.

WHY WON'T THINGS JUST LEAVE US ALONE?

That was easy. Too easy.

Left behind an interesting corpse. (Ooc: Someone figure out how to turn this into the second red monster sword)

OH FOR THE LOVE OF-

I again order the military to station within the walls, but the majority doesn't listen to me and charges out of the gates for reasons unknown. They decimate some trolls, but then...

ARMOKDAMMIT NOT AGAIN!
Thankfully, the Mad Fool is able to get out of the pool.
...and he's back in the water. DOLOMITE!

GABBRO! ANDESITE!

BAUXITE! ORTHOCLASE! MARBLE!

SANDSTONE! CHERT! CINNABAR! MAGNETITE!

Granite!

OBSIDIAN! SLADE! SLADE!

LIMESTONE! GYPSUM!

RYOLITE! MICROCLINE!

MAGMA! COBALTITE!

KIMBERLITE! OLIVINE!

CHERT! GABBRO!

BAUXITE! LIMESTONE!

SALTPETER! CALCITE!

seige...over...gniess...many...dead...shale...hand...injured...cinnabar...

Ryolite. Granite rutile basalt. Hornblende, jet schist chert, andesite. Talc granite.

-----

And so the year ends. Whoever goes next may want to work on rebuilding the military.
Save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9707
Sig

Shaggard

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't need no arms to strangle, nor teeth to bite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3520 on: September 15, 2014, 07:11:25 pm »

I didn't get tossed into a lake again, so this was all around a positive gain in regards to turns.

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:BITE:16]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: September 15, 2014, 08:37:24 pm »

My god, all those deaths. Whoever's next is going to have a hard time fixing this.
When all is lost, remember the bees.
What the fuck. Is some random undorfed recruit now our new Darkwing? Hell, even Darkwing just managed to kill two clowns before he went down. It's beyond me that a frigging recruit in the Official Voidspawn Feeding Detachment managed a triple kill on Forgotten Armokhumping Beasts.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: September 16, 2014, 07:05:12 am »

My god, all those deaths. Whoever's next is going to have a hard time fixing this.
Yeah, sorry about that. I'm pretty sure that that most of the deaths wouldn't have happened if the military had stationed where I told it to station though. Rrggh.
Sig

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: September 16, 2014, 09:30:36 am »

Well, at least we have the stuff for a new flamesword. Does Titan flame normally burn hotter or colder than demon flame?

Also, how the heck did Mad Fool end up in the water again?
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3524 on: September 16, 2014, 12:35:10 pm »

Either a goblin charging at him or him charging at a goblin.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 272