Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 796781 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)
« Reply #3810 on: February 27, 2015, 11:20:12 am »

We already have the demons that I extracted from Murdermachines' raws and made into a civilization - isn't that enough difficulty for one fort?

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3811 on: February 27, 2015, 12:50:00 pm »

Depends. Just how dwarfy are we trying to get here?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: February 27, 2015, 01:48:45 pm »

Well, we already have voidspawn, plus demons, I don't think we'll make it past worldgen.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3813 on: February 27, 2015, 02:02:51 pm »

Well, we already have voidspawn, plus demons, I don't think we'll make it past worldgen.
Pfft. I've seen some pretty crazy things happen in worldgen, I think we'll be fine.

Also here, have a void-angel.
Code: [Select]
[CREATURE:VOIDANGEL]
[DESCRIPTION: A benevolent winged being trapped in the void with an alien appearance]
[NAME:void angel:void angels:void angel]
[CREATURE_TILE:][COLOR:X:X:X]
[FANCIFUL]
[PREFSTRING:mysterious appearence]
[PREFSTRING:alien nature]
[PREFSTRING:benevolence]
[PREFSTRING:enduring hope]
[DOES_NOT_EXIST]
[ALL_ACTIVE]
[CASTE_NAME:MALE]
[MALE]
[CASTE_NAME:FEMALE]
[FEMALE]

It's one of the creatures I'm working on, among the few that are finished. ( Due to not having to actually exist in more than legend.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3814 on: February 28, 2015, 01:51:29 pm »

:o Phenomenal news everyone! My flash-drive was found! MURDERMACHINES LIVES! The next update will come tonight, when depends on whether or not we go out to eat pizza. Y'see. There's this special pizza that they only serve for Lent to take advantage of a Catholic liturgical loophole on the definition of meat. ( If it breathes water, it doesn't count as meat, apparently. ) I'm not Catholic myself, but since this pizza only comes worth a year and it's one of my absolute favourite varieties of pizza in general... Yeah. ( Also, I all but told anybody with a good sense of cultural geography where I lived, noone make ill use of this knowledge please. )

Also, a modding question: Can a creature have its own entity and still be an [EXOTIC_PET]

And has anyone else tested out any self-made mods they'd like to contribute?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: February 28, 2015, 02:05:32 pm »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: March 01, 2015, 01:16:27 am »

Let me link my demons again:

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=10333
So, some of the demons are really squishy and buggy in adventurer mode so they constantly give off bursts of boiling extract, which is kinda hilarious, but doesn't do as much as you'd think for their combat potential:

I made a steel angel outsider, left her ungeared, and went and started punching demons in a demonic pit mini-tower, killed 7 I think before they finally managed to kill her.

Made a male angel (avatar of armok, avatars for short) outsider, dfhacked him some steel armor, elf leather cloak, and steel battle axe+shield, they come with natural skill 15 in the relevant skills. He killed quite a few of the squishier demons but a pair actually held their own for a while, a skink brute and blind brute, though a tarantula brute had gotten a lucky kick and removed an arm. It took a while to get through the thick clothing on the skink and blind brutes with "just" a masterwork steel axe.

Then I dropped his gear, dfhacked it into candy, put his arm back on with gm-editor, and dfhacked a plat war hammer to offhand, and headed for the main fortress tower where I find that while trolls hate goblins, they seem to get along with demons just fine... and apparently demons get along with humans fine as well:

There was actually a human master at the top of the tower too! Was... because, well, habits are hard to break.

After getting about 36 demon kills I went down and found some kids, figured I'd see how they did against demons...

Oh yeah, forgot about that.

I ended up hacking the arm off a steam demon and one of the elf kids sat there punching at it while I hacked more limbs off the demon trying to get the other kids to jump in, they ignored it, I got bored of it trying to push the elf and the elf kid missing it so I left them there.

Ranking: skink > blind=sloth > flame=tarantula=somethingfly > vomit/salt/brine

The flame demon outsider I made got quite a few dorfs killed, but kills didn't count since it was due to fire not combat.

Note that the flight gaits aren't listed right, I'll check on them later and see if I can fix them as I've got a race with different castes and two different gaits for the flight and running (angels and avatars) that works perfectly, but the flame demon was stuck at 1.0 movement.

I'm not sure if there should be an interaction for the boiling extract or if I was just supposed to be constantly spouting it, it was hilarious running around like that.

The skink/blind brutes wear the super super super freaky thick demon clothing which is ridiculously effective armor, I set the skink on fire several times with dragonfire and only managed to injure it slightly from the fire and burn the socks off I think? They're also very fast and agile so they'll be nasty as HELL in dorf mode, well done!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: March 01, 2015, 08:55:34 am »

I noticed today while playing as a demon law-giver and a shrine angel that I could move just as quickly on the ground as standing. So it's a vanilla bug.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: March 01, 2015, 04:10:14 pm »

The stuff that's in the Trade Depot is fair game to give to the elves, yeah?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3819 on: March 01, 2015, 04:14:14 pm »

Probably. As long as it isn't wood - the voidspawn and goblins are bad enough, thanks.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3820 on: March 01, 2015, 04:19:50 pm »

Probably. As long as it isn't wood - the voidspawn and goblins are bad enough, thanks.
Right. Okay. So I just gotta take the stuff out of the bins and ban the bins. Then here we go! :D
Stay tuned for the Autumn update! :D

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3821 on: March 01, 2015, 06:27:34 pm »

Huzzah!
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3822 on: March 01, 2015, 07:10:30 pm »

Midway through summer now and I have a question: Why isn't the BATTERY producing power/How do I activate the BATTERY? I need to get the milling started.

Also, does liquid escape through corners?

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3823 on: March 01, 2015, 09:11:13 pm »

(( Sorry about the lack of pictures! ))
1st Hematite: Today we began trading with the elves, firstly buying up all of their booze and then taking a wooden statue of an elf. I'm looking also for some midnight blue dye so that work can begin on making the uniforms for the Peacekeeper squad instead of having to wait for the completion of the mill, which should be done by sometime this or next month. While I have them here, I might as well buy up all their produce as well, especially the wild strawberries... I like those. If I get the chance, I'd also like to dedicate an herbalist on processing valley herbs into golden salve to be sold to the next caravan in place of parting with our precious gems. And by precious gems, I mean the lowest quality gems that I could foist upon the elves without offending their sensibilities. I'm also buying crutches just so that we have some spare and never need to produce our own.

I trade:
1 +large clean garnet+
1 =large morganite=
1 *large green zircon*
2 =large rock crystal=

For about 30-40 barrels of booze, all of their fresh fruit, some seeds and some other assorted goods.
~Trade~
Finally I have succesfully traded with elves. Today is a good day.
~Elves~

5th Hematite: An ambush! A hammerspawn in the tunnel leading to the axle I'm building from the BATTERY to the millplain. I'm sending the voidwraiths after them, but I'm afraid it looks like Dortimus is royally screwed.
(( Afraid my screen capture isn't working. You'll just have to take my word for it. ))
Whoa. The voidspawn stopped to kidnap a hamster. It's... Why?

6th Hematite: The hamster-stealing hammerlord spawn is dead. No deaths, but several injuries. As predicted, Dortimus got pretty fucked up and will probably be in the hospital for a while. A fish cleaner, Atis Shagogstakud has been paralyzed from the waist-down and can no longer walk, in addition to being hungry, thirst, and drowsy. As per Dortimus, she may never work again, as she can't stand and cannot well grasp things. Perhaps it's time to let her body be released and assign her a new one. For now, I'm going to see her put in the hospital in the case that she may recover, which we need. We need every dwarf that can work to work. Good thing I bought crutches.

7th Hematite: McIgnobel, the Ghostly Physicist has risen and is haunting the fortress. -"A restless haunt,  generally troubling past acquaintances and relatives. This spirit has not been properly memorialized or buried."

16th Hematite: The elven merchants have departed, pleased with their trading here.

17th Hematite: The summer rains have come. How pleasant! :3

19th Hematite: A stray cat has given birth to kittens. I think it's time to initiate a cat-purge... Just to keep the fort from entropying.

21st Hematite: Well the kitticide has begun.

11th Malachite: Some migrants have arrived, breaking the monotony of the summer. Constructions go well so far, with no more surprises. It's slow and idle, but I guess that's better than something horrible happening.

Chaos Amon died from infection today. That's too bad. :|

12th Malachite: Wow. We have an artifact millstone. Wow. Let's just install it and we'll use that to get the mill going.

17th Malachite: Nice! The living McIgnobel has just given birth to a baby girl! Which means McIgnobel is toting around two baby girls in the (not-so)Deadly Caverns. Hooray for MurderMachines! The child was named "Tholtig Savedpadle" and is the daughter of Peregarr, who died earlier.

18th Malachite: Someone's pet cat just had kittens. Time to slaughter some more kittens.

1st Galena: The mandate for constructing rock Slabs is complete.

16th Galena: Vendix is mandating things again.

17th Galena: Atis Shagogstakud, Fish Cleaner has been found dead of dehydration. I kinda saw that one coming. The dwarves brought him to the hospital, but they just kinda dumped him there and didn't put him in a bed. Therefore, he never got water.

A skulking kobold thief! ... It got away.

18th Galena: A human caravan arrived, then turned around and left. Apparently our Depot has somehow become unaccessible? ( I broke the glitch that allowed our Depot to be accessed. Don't know how. )

I've got a blueprint designated but not actually connected, I'm not satisfied with the design yet and I kinda wanna fill it with traps.

20th Galena: Mosus Besmaresis, a Blue Peacock has been found dead.

23rd Galena: Anotheer kobold, I didn't even bother this time. Also, it appears that the human merchants are coming in despite the Depot being inaccessible.

24th Galena: The human merchants have arrived and are unloading their goods. Also, a section of the cave I had been digging for access into MurderMachines collapsed. Apparently it's not necessary anyway, so I'll just call it off and hope there's no injuries. Thorkid was knocked to the ground and his throat bruised, but otherwise he's fine.

26th Galena: Cerol Odurkel, Cat has succumbed to infection.

Autumn has come. This month I'll do my trading with the humans.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 03:23:02 pm by CaptainMcClellan »

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3824 on: March 02, 2015, 11:04:48 am »

Midway through summer now and I have a question: Why isn't the BATTERY producing power/How do I activate the BATTERY? I need to get the milling started.

Also, does liquid escape through corners?
Water can escape through diagonals, yes.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 272