Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 777768 times)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)
« Reply #3915 on: March 19, 2015, 09:54:50 am »

Must you mortals interfere with EVERYTHING!!?

Good fucking luck with your new fortress; I'll be there, as well as everywhere you try to run.

You son of a bitch! You owe me a new flash drive! D:<

You owed me entertainment on behalf of all whom dared oversee this bulwark of my domain.
I provided ample entertainment and had you not impeded my progress you may well have seen a very, very amusing result if something went wrong.
« Reply #3916 on: March 19, 2015, 10:01:46 am »

Must you mortals interfere with EVERYTHING!!?

Good fucking luck with your new fortress; I'll be there, as well as everywhere you try to run.

You son of a bitch! You owe me a new flash drive! D:<

You owed me entertainment on behalf of all whom dared oversee this bulwark of my domain.
I provided ample entertainment and had you not impeded my progress you may well have seen a very, very amusing result if something went wrong.

Your frustration at your technology's constant failure was more amusing than that possible future.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3917 on: March 19, 2015, 10:52:51 am »

Yeah, is that so Terry? I can see why it would be, but bear in mind that you've stopped nothing, I will still succeed in my quest. My cause for withdrawal was external to this conflict, had I been given ample resources to accomplish my functions elsewhere and the time requisite to this project, I would have prevailed.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3918 on: March 19, 2015, 01:29:07 pm »

You sonovabitch. You owe me a hard drive and a new laptop.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3919 on: March 19, 2015, 02:08:00 pm »

Remember me, foolish creature? Wherever you act, I will thwart it. In whatever you reside, I will kill it. Whatever fun you are having, I will end it. FOR I AM FLAME, THE VOIDGOD'S HEIR!

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3920 on: March 19, 2015, 03:47:54 pm »

Remember me, foolish creature? Wherever you act, I will thwart it. In whatever you reside, I will kill it. Whatever fun you are having, I will end it. FOR I AM FLAME, THE VOIDGOD'S HEIR!
AND I AM WATER!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3921 on: March 19, 2015, 04:29:49 pm »

Finally finished breaching hell in my own fort, so I can turn my attention to Murdermachines.

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. Ghosts roam the halls. Ducks fight in tiny pens. A hundred dwarves rush to do a thousand jobs. We have over eleven thousand metal bars. This is the kind of utter clusterfuck that can only be created by 20+ people working on the same thing independently. And I am one of them.

Home sweet home.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3922 on: March 19, 2015, 08:43:16 pm »

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. Ghosts roam the halls. Ducks fight in tiny pens. A hundred dwarves rush to do a thousand jobs. We have over eleven thousand metal bars. This is the kind of utter clusterfuck that can only be created by 20+ people working on the same thing independently. And I am one of them.

Home sweet home.

That was beautiful

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3923 on: March 20, 2015, 06:15:57 am »

Home sweet home.

That was beautiful
I concur. Also, I don't know what you're working on Flame, but I can give some insight into the last things I was working on. Or I can just wait for my next turn. Just let me kknow which I should do.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3924 on: March 20, 2015, 06:57:35 am »

Home sweet home.

That was beautiful
I concur. Also, I don't know what you're working on Flame, but I can give some insight into the last things I was working on. Or I can just wait for my next turn. Just let me kknow which I should do.

I also agree, that was amazeing.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3925 on: March 20, 2015, 02:23:03 pm »

In no particular order:

1. We have iron, flux, and coke. Yet we have less than a hundred steel bars. I aim to fix this.
2. We have a shitton of stuff we could melt. I'm fixing this too.
3. I used autodump to get all the random corpses so we could bury them. Scaliper is finally at rest.
4. I made a new squad of recruits led by Grombardrim. Don't put them in combat until they're trained up.
5. I redorfed myself.
6. I also caged all the ducks.
7. We ran out of flux so I'm mining more as needed.
8. Voidspawn ambush, including a fucking patriarch. Only casualty was Kazim who I redwarfed. They also chased away the dwarven caravan.
9. We need to mine some more adamantine.
10. I made Microblighted militia commander so I could put people in squads.
11. Scribbles is going to make something out of adamantine.

Basically our biggest problem is that over the years, our military has been reduced to a handful of uncaring, grizzled veterans. We need to train up more recruits and not kill them immediately in order to rebuild the military. Until then, we can only really use 4 dwarves, three of which are missing limbs.

EDIT: Scribbles made an earring and became a metalcrafter. Prosnorkulus is rotting, he probably got overlord blood on him. I made a dedicated medical dwarf so he would get treated before dying of infection.

EDIT2: OH BALLS HE'S SUFFOCATING ON THE OPERATING TABLE

I HOPE HE MAKES IT, OTHERWISE WE'RE FUCKED

EDIT3: You win this round, Terry.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 02:44:41 pm by TheFlame52 »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3926 on: March 20, 2015, 03:48:32 pm »

I will be camping all weekend. See you Sunday afternoon.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3927 on: March 20, 2015, 07:58:27 pm »

8. Voidspawn ambush, including a fucking patriarch. Only casualty was Kazim who I redwarfed. They also chased away the dwarven caravan.
Occh. Sorry about that. That happened to me to during one of my playthroughs, though the damage was less. Also, what do we need so much steel for/why so much re-militarization? During the whole time I'd been playing we'd had no major attacks. ( I guess it'll be nice to be able to murdernate things at the touch of a button, but the costs in productivity... )

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3928 on: March 21, 2015, 07:44:17 am »

Really, the only thing that you need all that steel for is magma-proof pumps. And nethercap works just as well, although I suspect it may quicken the evaporation of magma. But a magma moat would be worth the effort. Bonus points if it includes an obsidian bridge.

As for Terry, I suspect just letting him stay would be easier on your computer than my approach to exorcisms.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3929 on: March 21, 2015, 07:59:55 am »

Are we QUITE sure that messing with Terry is a good idea.

I mean, this IS Murdermachines, but surely we draw the line somewhere.
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 272