Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 785445 times)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)
« Reply #3960 on: March 25, 2015, 02:46:28 pm »

Flame, are you on your second turn yet? Also, the 25-years thing is pretty awesome. Too bad about all the troubles you've been having. :c Also... I'm feeling betterish? Now I just ache and feel like I have a fever.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3961 on: March 25, 2015, 03:26:26 pm »

I feel your pain bro. Last month I was so sick I missed two weeks of school and lost 10 pounds (out of 115 at the time) in two days.

Goblin siege happened, several civilians wounded, they were shot by goblin bowmen. I took a few extra days to clean up the mess, just like last time except that was voidspawn.

Save

Keep in mind that anything you do will probably not be canon, because I'm going to be playing it on my own a little bit and that's what I'm going to be using in the story.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3962 on: March 25, 2015, 03:28:41 pm »

I feel your pain bro. Last month I was so sick I missed two weeks of school and lost 10 pounds (out of 115 at the time) in two days.

Goblin siege happened, several civilians wounded, they were shot by goblin bowmen. I took a few extra days to clean up the mess, just like last time except that was voidspawn.

Save

Keep in mind that anything you do will probably not be canon, because I'm going to be playing it on my own a little bit and that's what I'm going to be using in the story.
Damn. Poor guy. I'm lucky that all that's wrong with me is that I have a mild fever and a lots of aches. ( My body purged itself already... I hope. We'll see if the chicken noodle holds. )

Ah. Yeah, that must've happened in the winter.

I'm not really sure I'll even play around with it yet.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3963 on: March 25, 2015, 11:42:10 pm »

Yikes, you guys are not being luck in matters of health!
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3964 on: March 26, 2015, 07:48:42 am »

Yikes, you guys are not being luck in matters of health!
I don't want to speak too soon, but I'm at least okay enough to try attending class today. I've got my phone handy in case that doesn't pan out and a strategic plan not to eat anything I normally would. ( I'm sticking just to pretzels, Cheezits and Gatorade/Powerade. ) The thing I really wish for is a place to nap. I'm going to crack open the save after class today to at least get a look around, but for now I could really use a place to nap...

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3965 on: March 26, 2015, 11:08:57 am »

Pretzels, Cheezits (seriously, who came up with that name? It sounds like cheese zits.) and Gatorade does not sound all too conducive to your health, and more like the sort of plan you'd come up with while severely sleep-deprived. Hope you get better soon.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3966 on: March 26, 2015, 02:29:09 pm »

Indeed on both counts, good health to you, and try eating better!
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3967 on: March 26, 2015, 03:11:08 pm »

Pretzels, Cheezits (seriously, who came up with that name? It sounds like cheese zits.) and Gatorade does not sound all too conducive to your health, and more like the sort of plan you'd come up with while severely sleep-deprived. Hope you get better soon.
They're also foods that are very difficult to trigger vomiting with and that generally absorb excess bile and stomach acid, therefore allowing me to have matter on which to begin my recovery process and fluids with which not to succumb to dehydration. Keep in mind that it's what I've been eating since I've had strength to eat and I haven't vomited since. ( Even if I had, it's way better to vomit up Gatorade than most other drink-stuffs and the local water is 100% guaranteed to worsen my health. ) Also, it's not my plan, it's what's worked in the case of not being able to keep food down in the past.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 03:23:04 pm by CaptainMcClellan »

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3968 on: March 26, 2015, 05:59:29 pm »

Ah, well, that makes more sense. In my case, junk food tends to leave me nauseous, but if that works for you, it's a lot better than nothing.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3969 on: March 26, 2015, 06:11:01 pm »

At least that's somewhat more logical than what I was thinking. But eegh, I feel really bad for you if Gatorade is a better choice than water. Where do you live?
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3970 on: March 26, 2015, 10:37:18 pm »

At least that's somewhat more logical than what I was thinking. But eegh, I feel really bad for you if Gatorade is a better choice than water. Where do you live?
Way too close to the Gulf of Mexico. ;) Also though, our plumbing is bad. We rent. ( Not to mention that straight water isn't the best thing to throw on a sour stomach for the same reason you don't wanna drink it after eating something really spicy: It just makes it spread. )

Anyway, how are all of you?

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3971 on: March 27, 2015, 12:16:59 am »

Pretty good. I am learning much !!Science!! lately.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
!
« Reply #3972 on: March 27, 2015, 07:19:40 am »

Dwarf Fortress !!SCIENCE!! or the regular? Also. I went to my first IEEE meeting yesterday and there was videos of much !!SCIENCE!! to be found in the form of what happens when all the careful planning of Power Distribution Engineers just plain doesn't work. As I've learned, there's only so many safe-guards you can put in place before a system becomes inoperable, and humans being what they are we can't plan for everything. So now and again we get a bizarre and strangely beautiful !!Fireball of Death!! I mean... It looked to be one of those cases of Finagle's Laws at work, excepting they were eventually able to put it out by ignoring the maxims we've doubtless heard heard thousands of times. ( Specifically "Don't throw water on an electrical fire" and "Water and oil don't mix." ) It's kind of weird when escalating a disaster into a towering inferno is actually the desirable solution, but it's also very rare. Here, enjoy! ( EDIT: Read the description for more details, if you like. It's very informative, though it reveals that I seem to have got the details wrong, the description makes it sound like the thing went up in the giant fireball all on its own. )
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 07:26:30 am by CaptainMcClellan »

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3973 on: March 27, 2015, 08:49:03 am »

I had a power outage today, which meant that the internet went offline for a while. They managed to fix it in under five hours, though, which is rather impressive.

At any rate, if you want to see real life yet DF-class !!SCIENCE!!, look up "Stuff I won't work with". It is seriously the funniest thing I've read since the Bacon Like A Pro thread.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3974 on: March 27, 2015, 03:10:00 pm »

Both. Heh. Just to put it in perspective, I know more about mechanical engineering and nuclear science than I do basic mathematics.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 272