Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 777803 times)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)
« Reply #4020 on: April 10, 2015, 01:39:43 am »

Hah.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4021 on: April 10, 2015, 09:37:50 am »

[Robot Devil voice] ♫ Trapped forever here in update HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL ♫

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4022 on: April 10, 2015, 10:52:00 pm »

On second thought, the end will come when I don't have huge English projects. Now I know how Asmoth feels writing Demongate's ending.
Same with my mods, only Math and EECE (Electrical & Computer Engineering) instead of English.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4023 on: April 20, 2015, 04:42:03 pm »

[Robot Devil voice] ♫ Trapped forever here in update HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL ♫
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4024 on: April 20, 2015, 05:06:38 pm »

I'm to the part where stuff happens. I have no idea how much I have left to write. Half, maybe? It'll be worth the wait, trust me.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4025 on: April 21, 2015, 02:13:43 am »

I don't doubt it.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4026 on: April 21, 2015, 04:58:18 pm »

I'm to the part where stuff happens. I have no idea how much I have left to write. Half, maybe? It'll be worth the wait, trust me.
Write more, write descriptively, revise as much as possible: The more you stall, the longer I have to prepare. Also: Finals soon. Study for finals. We can start in July. :P

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4027 on: April 24, 2015, 06:48:07 pm »

Well, whatever's happening, good luck.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:BITE:16]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4028 on: April 25, 2015, 11:03:30 pm »

Forgot my password for a good month

Whats going on in this thread now?
When all is lost, remember the bees.
What the fuck. Is some random undorfed recruit now our new Darkwing? Hell, even Darkwing just managed to kill two clowns before he went down. It's beyond me that a frigging recruit in the Official Voidspawn Feeding Detachment managed a triple kill on Forgotten Armokhumping Beasts.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4029 on: April 26, 2015, 10:42:14 am »

I'm writing the end of Murdermachines.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4030 on: April 26, 2015, 01:53:50 pm »

Veery slooowly.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 06:19:20 pm by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4031 on: April 26, 2015, 07:23:58 pm »

Forgot my password for a good month

Whats going on in this thread now?
I'm studying for finals and playing on Steam and doing some prepping on the next game. I might just have to drop the Nightbringers and try focusing on different aspects of my mod.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4032 on: April 30, 2015, 06:24:04 pm »

TO KEEP THIS ALIVE YOU GET PART ONE

Armok looked down at his favorite fortress, Murdermachines. He knew it was doomed, be it from voidspawn, demons, goblins, or even simply the stupidity of an overseer. He knew it could not last. There would be a quick burst of blood and then nothing. The constant flow would stop, and Armok would have to move on. So he decided to do something about it.

Flame thought about the shattered military. There were too few dwarves to draft. Even with tricks like the danger room and the shaft of enlightenment, there was still no way to train enough dwarves. Her only hope was to reinforce what she had. With adamantine.

Down in once of the many catacombs, in a forgotten stockpile, there lay a skeleton. Nobody knew who it belonged to, their profession, or even their gender. All they knew is that it was dwarven. There was no moss or lichen on the bones, they had lain there so long the moss had long since died. The bones lay in a rough arrangement, where the corpse had been placed all those years before.

Slowly, the skeleton's bones began to blacken. The gnaw marks from vermin began to fill in with fresh bone. From the joints grew rough gray ligaments and muscle. Over the muscle formed shining gray skin. Through the skin the glow of the earth's blood could be seen. Closed eyes and a mouth formed on the face. The eyes opened, revealing a fiery glow beneath. Finally, a magnificent beard of glowing blue strands grew on the face.

Armok rose from where he lay. He walked into the nearby catacombs, raising his godly hand toward the coffins.

Wolfkit chipped away at the adamantine, cutting it into a boulder. Suddenly, his pick met no resistance. The adamantine crumbled away to reveal a grinning, contorted face. He barely had time to cry out before being consumed in fire.

Flame stood in front of one of the coffins of her former bodies. She occasionally visited the catacombs, for sometimes her past lives remembered helped her in this one. Suddenly, her perception seemed split. She felt as if her whole body was itching terribly, but it didn't. She saw darkness, but she also saw the coffin in front of her. She pushed the coffin lid open, but she stayed standing where she was. And she saw herself standing in front of her coffin, and she saw herself rise out of the coffin in front of her, fully formed and very much alive.

All around her, corpses rose from their coffins, flesh forming on their bones. And in the center of it all, a dwarf with metal skin and glowing eyes. A god. Armok.

Armok turned his glowing eyes toward the overseer. He opened his mouth and spoke. "I HAVE GIVEN YOU A BOON, TERRYSLAYER. USE IT WISELY. YOUR BROKEN MILITARY MAY NOT BE ABLE TO WITHSTAND WHAT IS COMING. SO I HAVE GIVEN YOU THE TOOLS TO FIX IT."

As he spoke, a cry was heard from the depths.

"DEMONS IN THE DEEP!"

A second cry echoed down from above.

"VOIDSPAWN! DWARVES TO THE GATES!"

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4033 on: April 30, 2015, 11:15:54 pm »

That moment when you realize divine intervention probably won't be enough.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4034 on: May 01, 2015, 12:20:56 pm »

Poor Armok. Sure, we may have almost four or five hundred dead dwarves in our catacombs, but can they take on both the Voidspawn and the demons?
Or at least, that's what I thought until I remembered that we probably have both of the prime incarnations of the Void God down there.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 272