Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dealing with migrants  (Read 2273 times)

jimbobobby

• Bay Watcher
  • Ally of turtles.
    • View Profile
Re: Dealing with migrants
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2013, 09:38:46 pm »

...do what the others said, segregate and make them self-sufficient with bad food and bad booze. 
Segregation sounds pretty, I have no way to separate them as I've forgot who the migrants are so it looks like I'm going to have the some sort of sexist segregation. It's pretty clear women are the superior race as my male miner died of dehydration, just like an elf!
Suicide wrestler squads aren't a bad idea as my military will be my hunters, choking bunnies and gouging their eyes is truly dorfy.

As for everyone who suggested atom smashers, they are what normal people use. Even a small dose of normalness can cause boredom, regular injections of insanity is what causes the overdose of fun.
That's awfully precise. Did you run a survey?
Accuracy is a side effect of OCD, estimating is just too much effort.
When I was younger, I was a baby.
The power of an Eskimo isn't really something you should just forget about, they can cut a hole in your ice and catch a fish in minutes.

qoou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2013, 08:27:10 pm »

You know, I might just be very inefficient, but I find that I need all the dwarfpower I can get and more. In my current 250-capped fort, even my 150 adult dwarves aren't enough to do things in a timely manner, and I'm actually down to 8 idlers currently (I usually hover around 20).
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 09:21:04 pm by qoou »

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2013, 10:27:52 pm »

If you have an elephant near you, why not see what 20 wrestlers will do to it?  You can use Dwarf Therapist to find new migrant waves.

SharkForce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2013, 05:26:26 pm »

i thought mass atom-smashing led to the dwarfs noticing each others' death... wouldn't you have to do it one at a time with no witnesses?
Pages: 1 [2]