Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 61

Author Topic: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins  (Read 136056 times)

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
Re: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins
« Reply #570 on: July 12, 2014, 06:25:27 am »

Automatic Building Blueprints for above ground constructions.

building with reaction to build constructed wooden walls and floors around it, if constructed is impossible, use tiletypes instead?
makes building aboveground a bit easier, could be interesting for things like kobold camp (leather tents) masterwork humans, and MLP mods that mostly use surface dwellers.

indyofcomo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: July 16, 2014, 01:32:08 pm »

automatically lining up engraved slabs with coffins according to the occupant.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: July 16, 2014, 06:40:59 pm »

A way, possibly through Workflow, to automatically engrave a slab for any ghost that rises. 

Upgrade Buildingplanner so you can specify that slabs must be engraved.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

TheDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: July 16, 2014, 07:15:49 pm »

I can't believe this hasn't been suggested already, maybe it's just me who's crappy at using the search function :p

Something that would be really nice is if we could give ranged weapons delays and multiple attacks (alternatively shorter reload times, but I think that would be harder?) This way, we could design better weapons for modern-day mods. Preferrably, the multiple attacks shouldn't happen all at once, but rather be spread out throughout the attack delay.

I believe this should be doable, seeing as we can make spells that fire projectiles. If we could make the script read the tokens of the weapon used, we could add a new one like [EXTRA_ATTACKS:X], and then simply spawn the projectiles with intervals of (delay/(x+1)).

As for the weapon delays, it would be awesome if we could have two tokens, such as [PRE_DELAY:X] and [POST_DELAY:X], forcing the creature to wait X ticks/other time units before and after the attack. It could be further improved to take input after the shots have been fired, asking the player "Would you like to reload", and if the player selects "no", the [POST_DELAY] would be ignored, but the weapon would be unusable until it is somehow reloaded.

I have no idea if these would be possible, but I thought I'd just throw them up here. :)
I love this community. Somebody asks "hay guise how do i tame shark", and then everybody is like "why don't we fling sharks at things with complex mechanical devices?".

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #574 on: July 16, 2014, 07:32:02 pm »

I can't believe this hasn't been suggested already, maybe it's just me who's crappy at using the search function :p

Something that would be really nice is if we could give ranged weapons delays and multiple attacks (alternatively shorter reload times, but I think that would be harder?) This way, we could design better weapons for modern-day mods. Preferrably, the multiple attacks shouldn't happen all at once, but rather be spread out throughout the attack delay.

I believe this should be doable, seeing as we can make spells that fire projectiles. If we could make the script read the tokens of the weapon used, we could add a new one like [EXTRA_ATTACKS:X], and then simply spawn the projectiles with intervals of (delay/(x+1)).

As for the weapon delays, it would be awesome if we could have two tokens, such as [PRE_DELAY:X] and [POST_DELAY:X], forcing the creature to wait X ticks/other time units before and after the attack. It could be further improved to take input after the shots have been fired, asking the player "Would you like to reload", and if the player selects "no", the [POST_DELAY] would be ignored, but the weapon would be unusable until it is somehow reloaded.

I have no idea if these would be possible, but I thought I'd just throw them up here. :)
That already exists. Roses made a script like that, except with the reload/question thing. But the rest pretty much works.

https://github.com/Pheosics/DFHack_spells/blob/master/projectile.lua
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

TheDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: July 16, 2014, 08:14:07 pm »

That already exists. Roses made a script like that, except with the reload/question thing. But the rest pretty much works.

https://github.com/Pheosics/DFHack_spells/blob/master/projectile.lua

Edit: Uhh... How would I go about adding these to weapons? :3
I love this community. Somebody asks "hay guise how do i tame shark", and then everybody is like "why don't we fling sharks at things with complex mechanical devices?".

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: July 16, 2014, 08:54:10 pm »

I would suggest waiting until the new system is set up completely and DFHack is updated for the new version. Once that is done I can give you an example weapon and you can modify it how you like.

In the old version you would need to add an inorganic that specified the interaction for the individual weapons using itemSyndrome, and then had the syndrome from the interaction use syndromeTrigger to run the script.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #577 on: July 16, 2014, 09:14:41 pm »

PS: Mixing this with putnams projectileExpansion script allows even more fun.

https://gist.github.com/Putnam3145/7005764
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: July 16, 2014, 09:18:17 pm »

PS: Mixing this with putnams projectileExpansion script allows even more fun.

https://gist.github.com/Putnam3145/7005764

Yo.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 09:26:14 pm by Putnam »

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: July 16, 2014, 09:24:44 pm »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: July 16, 2014, 09:26:32 pm »

Hehe, I linked to the wrong one.

TheDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: July 16, 2014, 09:46:22 pm »

I would suggest waiting until the new system is set up completely and DFHack is updated for the new version. Once that is done I can give you an example weapon and you can modify it how you like.

In the old version you would need to add an inorganic that specified the interaction for the individual weapons using itemSyndrome, and then had the syndrome from the interaction use syndromeTrigger to run the script.

Ahh, I see. Thank you for the clarification, I'll go take a look at syndromeTrigger too, then. I'll wait for the next release of DFHack before I start using this in mods, but I might mess around with some .34 modding then, just to get into using DFHack in general. :)

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: July 18, 2014, 04:05:39 am »

Something I've been planning on for a while: set the mining glyphs (usually %) for unmined tiles to give an indication of what minerals are there. Configurable based on the skill of a unit or something like that to give a probabilistic in-game mineral prospecting tool. Something that gives much less information than reveal, but more information than just guessing where minerals are.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: July 20, 2014, 05:33:22 am »

A script/plugin that designates any built furniture ( bed, coffin, are the main targets) that is not yet part of a room as the appropriate room and resizes it. Make it accept furniture type and room type as an argument and run with repeat.
That would make it possible to automate another chore: bedroom and coffin building.

Isngrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: July 22, 2014, 05:52:11 pm »

Something I've been planning on for a while: set the mining glyphs (usually %) for unmined tiles to give an indication of what minerals are there. Configurable based on the skill of a unit or something like that to give a probabilistic in-game mineral prospecting tool. Something that gives much less information than reveal, but more information than just guessing where minerals are.
a script/plugin that activates other script/plugins/syndromes(applied to the noble) based on the presence of a noble, so expwnent idea could be based on the mining skill of a noble called the "surveyor"
08:43 PM The wild animals and insects sang a merry tune and the trees performed a dance. I know you're trying to cheer me up, Vishnu, but that was actually a bit creepy.-Rhons
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 61