Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 61

Author Topic: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins  (Read 135898 times)

YAHG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins
« Reply #585 on: July 23, 2014, 06:10:40 pm »

Tracking Melt stuff. Being able to see how much metal has been duped sacrificed you could run anything else dfhack can do already, as a reaction (gods could punish etc.).

Draugo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: July 24, 2014, 02:53:42 am »

I don't know if this is the right place for this suggestion but what I'd really like to see is for designate command to show results for k-look command for the cursor position. One of the most annoying things in Dwarf Fortress is a layer of almost or completely identical stone (by color or tile) where you want to dig only one kind and not the other and constantly have to check with k-look which square is which.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #587 on: July 24, 2014, 02:56:30 am »

I don't know if this is the right place for this suggestion but what I'd really like to see is for designate command to show results for k-look command for the cursor position. One of the most annoying things in Dwarf Fortress is a layer of almost or completely identical stone (by color or tile) where you want to dig only one kind and not the other and constantly have to check with k-look which square is which.

Isn't this what mousequery plugin "live query" mode doing?

Draugo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: July 24, 2014, 05:55:33 am »

Don't know since I don't use mousequery since I like to play entirely by keyboard. But if mousequery moves the ingame cursor to where mouse cursor is at any given time and displays the k-look info during designate command then I'd think that it would be quite easy to implement that same functionality without the need for mousequery. But again, I don't know what mousequery does exactly since I don't use it.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #589 on: July 24, 2014, 06:21:16 am »

Don't know since I don't use mousequery since I like to play entirely by keyboard. But if mousequery moves the ingame cursor to where mouse cursor is at any given time and displays the k-look info during designate command then I'd think that it would be quite easy to implement that same functionality without the need for mousequery. But again, I don't know what mousequery does exactly since I don't use it.

Oh sorry then, I thought you meant mouse cursor..

Tzyx

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: July 24, 2014, 06:24:47 am »

is mousequery working with the new DFHack then at the moment?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: July 24, 2014, 07:36:47 am »

It appears to be.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: July 24, 2014, 01:36:21 pm »

digv and digl
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Draugo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: July 25, 2014, 01:07:33 am »

digv and digl
As useful as those are (and I swear to use them more when I get back to playing with DFHack I swear) it's not the functionality I requested for.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: July 25, 2014, 01:28:39 am »

It's similar. Also consider digFlood.

YAHG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: July 25, 2014, 08:27:06 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Perhaps with mousequery and dfhack the way it lets you press 'm' do go back and forth from box to single tile click, it could let you with another key like say:

v: digv clicked
l: digl clicked
V: digvx clicked
L: diglx clicked

I think the code is already there to run those commands at the cursor, the issue would be changing the trigger of the script to the left mouse down action (seemingly already captured by dfhack) with the above or similar filters added to the designation window in addition to the current "m" option.

Something like a forced single toggle option would be great. hitting m,v,V,l, or L would toggle that option and disable all other options, so it would be simple to control yet also very powerful.

This would work well with existing mousequery.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: September 22, 2014, 05:08:52 am »

These might exist, but I've failed to find them.

Job priority to get e.g. the Grower to only perform farming jobs as long as there are any, and then Gather Plants as long as there are any, and then Haul Stuff (possibly with priorities there as well, so that Refuse hauling and Animal hauling can be taken care of before hauling yet another stone or piece of wood [want that hide to get to the refuse pile so the Tanner can pick it up, and the strays rounded up before the wolves get them]), but go back to the farming task as soon as another seed needs planting.
Ideally priorities would be assignable per worker, overriding a default set. As it is, I get bogged down by having to disable Hauling on e.g. my Milker when it comes time to do milking and then add it back afterwards, or the hauling jobs will just keep blocking the Milking, and it goes with most jobs that are not "permanent".
I think this can be done crudely with DFHack scripting/plugin by disabling the lower priority capabilities on the worker, run the job matching, and then adding capabilities back one after another until a match is found, at which time they all would be added back, but that will probably result in a mess in the GUI, where the player will see job capabilities being added and removed (apart from also using CPU). Hopefully there is a reasonable way of implementing this, though. I don't know if Repeat jobs in workshops are finished and then restarted for each instance completed, or if the job keeps going until the job (or capability) is removed. The latter might complicate things.

Dwarf Therapist (or similar) access to the pre embark screen, to allow me to allocate starting skill points to dwarves that are actually suited to the tasks. Currently I ignore allocating points and just get livestock instead, allocating the skills on arrival instead, but that probably doesn't work in a hostile environment where you need to dig fast and defend your miners from get go.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #597 on: September 22, 2014, 07:33:22 am »

I was hoping for a script that always ensured there is always at least 1 of a certain caste at world-gen
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Psyra

• Escaped Lunatic
  • has created "Flamebait", a legendary forum post!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #598 on: September 22, 2014, 10:10:40 am »

I'd killmaim for a command in DFhack that would unassign the beds in all bedrooms, and a second command to distribute all unassigned beds to dwarves without a room of their own... because after 200+ dwarves and the auto room assignments, I always end up with some random schlubs owning 2-3 bedrooms and robbing their kin of a decent sleep at night. Mostly because I don't know if babies and kids need their own bed assignments or not. :D

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: September 23, 2014, 01:16:14 am »

Code: [Select]
for k,bed in ipairs(df.global.world.buildings.other.BED) do
    bed.owner_id=-1
    bed.owner=nil
end

There's your "unassign all" script.