Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 61

Author Topic: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins  (Read 135186 times)

dwarf_reform

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_BUTCHERABLE]
    • View Profile
Re: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins
« Reply #630 on: November 14, 2014, 02:49:24 am »

Would it be possible to set up a command that enables a creature to be playable in adventure mode? I know how to do it by hand, but having it automated would be beyond friendly :)

jwhite.df

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: November 15, 2014, 08:55:20 pm »

Hmmm, how did I miss this thread before? I posted a separate "like autobutcher for eggs" thread but maybe this is the correct place for it.

Currently, there's a lot of management that goes into controlling access to eggs that I want hatched. Generally that means a separate hatchery room with a locked door. Getting the hatched young out of the room without harvesting other eggs in a hatchery means manually forbidding them before unlocking the door.

Something mimicking autobutcher's functionality would be nice: automatically forbid the X oldest eggs of any given species. That way, all egg laying (food and hatchery) can be done in the same room, no need to lock doors, no need to forbid eggs.

Next request, auto-cage the hatched young to prevent FPS hits, then free them as they age out. :-)

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: November 16, 2014, 06:56:21 am »

Have you seen autonestbox? It doesn't have all the features you're looking for, but is a big time saver nonetheless.

jwhite.df

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: November 16, 2014, 04:16:32 pm »

Have you seen autonestbox? It doesn't have all the features you're looking for, but is a big time saver nonetheless.

Autonestbox is really nice, and does a great job at saving time on the assignment of birds to 1x1 pastures on top of nest boxes. That's the kind of thing it would be nice to have for hatchlings and cages, right?

I think the single room with a specific number of eggs automatically forbidden is better than a main pasture room with specific locked doors to hatchery rooms.

Code: [Select]
   #   #   #   #
   #   #   #   #
   #   #   #   #
   #   #   #   #
   D   D   D   D
################
################
###Pasture######
################
################
   D   D   D   D
   #   #   #   #
   #   #   #   #
   #   #   #   #
   #   #   #   #

Unless there's something easier that I'm missing. The idea behind this is a steady stream of meat and hides for leather, while still having bulk eggs for staple food production.

Meneth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: November 20, 2014, 02:20:03 pm »

I'd like something that pauses the game and pops a warning whenever any creature enters the map. While one might not care about Foxes or Crundles, Keas and Giant Cave Spiders deserve my attention.

Optional: filter by creature type.

Meneth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: November 22, 2014, 07:02:59 pm »

I cobbled together this little script. Works pretty well for me.

However: no options, can't be disabled once enabled, needs to be rerun each time you start DF, and alerts even on creatures in caverns you haven't opened yet.

disacorns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: January 13, 2015, 12:20:06 pm »

some thoughts off the cuff, (havent read all the suggestions so some mb repeats, also dont know how much of this possible)

*a kind of suspend state, for faster loading.
*monthly autosaves.
*also dont need so many backups, just one or two. mb a quick rename. (obviously these things can be done quickly enough without a mod, but still)
-
*combat control. get the stupid dwarves to stop attacking, if necessary.
*get marksdwarves to fetch ammo instead of trying to bash the fire breather.
*train marksdwarves - assign training job? something like that to get the marksdwarves to actually use those targets (consistently).
*equipment check. they don't go out without their equipment. or at least a way to quickly check what equipment is not being worn (despite the useless check in equip) (seems like something for therapist)
*get the soldiers to drop the bin theyre hauling. ditto civs, when theyre running from something (canceling the job doesnt work)
*fire control- dwarves running around with buckets trying to put out the fires
* someway to know my farmer is fighting capuchins.
-
*fps check. could there be a way to see exactly what is killing fps? some kind of process manager.
*pathing. where exactly are the biggest pathing problems.
-
*farm manager- how much food/drink will the farms produce, factoring in level of planter, subtract number of dwarves eating the food. ditto clothing/dye.
*autodump excess plants/meat/tallow

---
thats it for now, mb ill have better ideas later.

Meneth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: February 18, 2015, 07:13:37 pm »

Feature Request: Show an announcement (Similar to "You have struck granite!") if a civ-member is starving or dehydrated.

Reason: Many times miners dig themselves in, a locked door is forgotten, or a dwarf dodges up a wall and is found dead long after. This plugin would help avoid unnecessary deaths.

The reply is a bit late :), but I just wrote a script warn-starving.lua. It warns about starving, dehydration, and drowsiness. I haven't tested it with an actually starving creature yet (those are a bit hard to generate), but at least it behaves as expected (i.e does nothing) in my current fort.

YAHG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: February 18, 2015, 07:38:43 pm »

I like to play "peasant fortress" and only embark with no skill dwarves, it would be cool of there was a plugin/script whatever you call it that made it so that all immigrants would show up with no skills at all.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Kirkegaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: May 13, 2015, 01:57:08 pm »

Dismiss traders
Add an option to the trade menu to "dismiss traders" so you can ask them to leave when you are done with them.
I don't know how trade is handled in the game, but I'm guessing it should be possible to find and reuse the in build "go home command"

No traders
Add an option to make traders stay away from the fortress (alternative make them leave right after they arrive)

The reason for those two suggestions is that I rarely use the traders for anything, so they just arrive and take up space, get's killed and drop lots of random stuff around the world. I'm guessing I'm not the only one playing a rather trade-light game, so think it would be two useful options.

cata2k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: July 07, 2015, 11:23:48 am »

"Diglayer" or "Digflux"to easily mine flux stone from a layer

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: July 07, 2015, 03:05:46 pm »

I don't know how trade is handled in the game, but I'm guessing it should be possible to find and reuse the in build "go home command"

If it were that easy, we could also find and reuse the built-in "send a siege" command and the built-in "create a unit" command

cata2k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: July 09, 2015, 12:00:12 am »

Dig exposed. DFHack looks for exposed vein stone and gems in the layer and digv's them

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: July 09, 2015, 12:09:42 am »

you can do that in vanilla with the "automine gems and minerals" setting
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 61