Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 61

Author Topic: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins  (Read 136219 times)

cata2k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins
« Reply #645 on: July 09, 2015, 12:29:15 am »

you can do that in vanilla with the "automine gems and minerals" setting
Where do I find that setting?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: July 09, 2015, 12:30:08 am »

designations menu, mining, at the bottom

taldarus

• Bay Watcher
  • Awkward Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: July 20, 2015, 10:54:06 pm »

Just wanted to check, this seems to be the pace for it. I have a project I am working on. Kinda depends on being able to spawn creatures, both from the workshop and worldspace in general. I have seen that people seem to be able to do it, but I was looking to do some 100+ creature spawns. Has there been any progress in this regards?  I see people an do it, but it sounds to be to time management heavy. (I don't mind mindless and repetitive work, it's relaxing)

I could use transformations for about 60% of the reactions, but it won't have the 'feel' that I am going for. The other would be for something like a plant, and it changes into a creature (triffid). I suppose I could transform wandering creatures, but again that wouldn't feel right.

I recently taught myself a fair portion of C++, in part for modding df; but I also realize I am definitely in the amateur category. I have sifted through the forums trying to find something on v0.40 creature spawns, but haven't found anything but troubleshooting. Also looked through the github scripts for dfhack. Feel like I am missing something obvious.

Trying to level up my modding :) Links or advice would be cool

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: July 20, 2015, 10:57:54 pm »

i'm still an amateur

anyway, what exactly are you looking for? spawn-unit is lying around in various places, Sparking is the only mod that uses it in 0.40 AFAIK

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: July 20, 2015, 11:02:41 pm »

Oh, is it working now? Are nemesis entries handled? It would be nice to (re?)-add that to DFHack, since a lot of people have asked about it.

taldarus - creating units is not a simple task, largely because DFHack doesn't have access to the code DF uses (and it's unlikely that DF has code to create units from scratch in arbitrary locations in any case).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: July 20, 2015, 11:32:23 pm »

I'm using it for invaders because everything else is dumb and probably not working, I wouldn't put it in yet

hell, even invaders have to have some manual flags flipped to work, and even then they don't behave quite properly

taldarus

• Bay Watcher
  • Awkward Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: July 20, 2015, 11:38:54 pm »

Hard to explain what I am doing... It's a practice mod, meant to teach myself the basics of advanced df modding... It's kinda growing wild though (I think my practice mod will surpass my original goal in coolness)

Trying to upload an image of my outline, but it's too big and awkward. So.. think birth of the Tyranids via Biochemist Ants evolving. Originally, I was just going to add a simple reaction that would allow you to chemically alter your 'eggs' to upgrade them into stronger versions.

Devolved (Size 10,000) -> 'stumbles onto upgrade' A reagent-key that unlocks new workshops and abilities
T1 (Size 60,000) -> Each tier would have access to newer and better materials that the colony would 'grow'
T2 (Size 80,000) -> Eventually you would get access to many advanced biochemically-based technologies.

The whole species is something I developed for a short story I wrote. It was an attempt to explain what a space-faring hive-mind species would probably look like. To keep it short, I even have a mind map worked out. I could do it, if I could figure out this one hitch.

Altering eggs, easy.
Unlocking tiers, easy.
Spawning the altered egg so that the correct Caste is born? If I was on v0.34 I think i could do it by myself (again, need to study it)

This is actually the tip of the iceberg. Idea's are just exploding in my head. It still hinges on being able to spawn units though. I could have a working creature file, with castes setup and everything ready to go...In about 4 hours (Already got the 'precast' done, so just need to add in Castes). Workshops, again, easy to do; but I am less familiar with all that, so I would need a couple of weeks to work it all out.

DFHACK, completely unfamiliar territory to me.

(Trying to figure out how to link my mind map)

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #652 on: July 20, 2015, 11:56:27 pm »

Oh, is it working now? Are nemesis entries handled? It would be nice to (re?)-add that to DFHack, since a lot of people have asked about it.

taldarus - creating units is not a simple task, largely because DFHack doesn't have access to the code DF uses (and it's unlikely that DF has code to create units from scratch in arbitrary locations in any case).

Can't you use viewscreen_layer_arena_creaturest? It doesn't create hf/nemesis, but seems to do everything else much easier than doing it manually.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: July 21, 2015, 12:18:47 am »

Can't you use viewscreen_layer_arena_creaturest? It doesn't create hf/nemesis, but seems to do everything else much easier than doing it manually.

I think the current version of the script is at least that functional.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #654 on: July 21, 2015, 12:47:01 am »

I think the current version of the script is at least that functional.

Using the original DF code is just more reliable and much less code to write and maintain.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: July 21, 2015, 12:58:28 am »

The idea is to make it so that it works better, including nemesis entries. It just doesn't work yet.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #656 on: July 21, 2015, 01:13:49 am »

The idea is to make it so that it works better, including nemesis entries. It just doesn't work yet.

Where's the latest version?

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: July 21, 2015, 01:22:13 am »

There was a fairly recent version in the DFHack thread somewhere. I seem to remember that friendly creatures turn hostile after save/load with that version. I don't have a link, sorry.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #658 on: July 21, 2015, 01:27:21 am »

There was a fairly recent version in the DFHack thread somewhere. I seem to remember that friendly creatures turn hostile after save/load with that version. I don't have a link, sorry.

I've created a dwarf and an aardvark with viewscreen_layer_arena_creaturest, the aardvark is still friendly after save/load, and the dwarf is still working in a workshop. Free workforce, yay!

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: July 21, 2015, 01:39:10 am »

Most recent spawn-unit as far as I know: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=139553.msg6197007#msg6197007

If you can make a fully-automated version of spawn-unit with viewscreen_layer_arena_creaturest which works in all cases I would jump up and down with joy.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 61