Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 61

Author Topic: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins  (Read 136069 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins
« Reply #690 on: July 22, 2015, 04:11:35 am »

I'm ok with hand-writing each one specifically. Lot of mass find/replace in the end, but that would finally give people some more progession, ranging from iron-clad goblins to heavenly-metal wearing angel/guardians in later stages.

DF2014 suffers from lack of sieges, and even 34.11 had the same-sized sieges after a while, so if you beat them in year 5, year 10, 15 or 20 will be trivial.

If a script can spawn progressively harder sieges over the years, either triggers by workshops, things that happen (X population, X wealth, X kills, X items), or time (year5- siege Y, year6- siege Z), that would help a lot of people. There were so many requests/complains all over the forum about lacking attacks, darkflagrance is even making a new Fortress Defense mod. ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: July 22, 2015, 04:14:02 am »

That's absolutely possible. I'll try and get the base script working first though. It works in the most difficult case (spawning fort dwarves that can take on noble and military positions, even after save/reload) but I have to make sure it works for pets and invaders and wild animals too.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #692 on: July 22, 2015, 04:16:45 am »

Thank you.

Please mind that I won't do much with it the next 2 months though. I'm still away, but getting towards the end of my trip. After that, I'd be more than happy to give people more FUN with a script like that.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: July 22, 2015, 09:35:22 am »

taldarus

• Bay Watcher
  • Awkward Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: July 22, 2015, 09:38:20 am »

Ok, getting ready for bed, and figured I would look over the script. I can easily see why the new version of DF makes it so difficult to mod.

For my purposes, however, I see A TON of script that wont be useful/necessary.

Attributes->Will need em, but not randomized. Fixed works for me (again, uniform species pays out).
Identifying marks -> dont need em, every caste is uniform
Soul -> is it needed for something? I wouldn't know, but I don't need atm.
Modifiers-> Again, uniform. Don't need em imo.
Age-> Newborn, so..don't need?

500 lines of code, and no wonder you guys are struggling to make a working script :o

All I need
Race -> At first, I only need one, but I intend to add others (Like Meph, for hostiles). I have yet to 'complete' all of my goals on 99.9% of my 'projects' however. So... :P
Caste -> As specified by the reaction
EG -- Hatchery (workshop) - Reaction -> Hatch devolved worker (CASTE:T0WORKER)

Hostiles wouldn't need ALL of those details would they? I myself have never bothered to study the details of the corpses on my map. Beautiful script btw. Feels a bit overbuilt however.

I can clean it up, eventually, but was hoping someone else would have a simplified form available. Oh, is there a how-to-automate link out there?

EDIT:I have to look over Expwnents thing
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 09:41:25 am by taldarus »

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: July 22, 2015, 09:41:32 am »

Ok, getting ready for bed, and figured I would look over the script. I can easily see why the new version of DF makes it so difficult to mod.

For my purposes, however, I see A TON of script that wont be useful/necessary.

Attributes->Will need em, but not randomized. Fixed works for me (again, uniform species pays out).
Identifying marks -> dont need em, every caste is uniform
Soul -> is it needed for something? I wouldn't know, but I don't need atm.
Modifiers-> Again, uniform. Don't need em imo.
Age-> Newborn, so..don't need?

500 lines of code, and no wonder you guys are struggling to make a working script :o

All I need
Race -> At first, I only need one, but I intend to add others (Like Meph, for hostiles). I have yet to 'complete' all of my goals on 99.9% of my 'projects' however. So... :P
Caste -> As specified by the reaction
EG -- Hatchery (workshop) - Reaction -> Hatch devolved worker (CASTE:T0WORKER)

Hostiles wouldn't need ALL of those details would they? I myself have never bothered to study the details of the corpses on my map. Beautiful script btw. Feels a bit overbuilt however.

I can clean it up, eventually, but was hoping someone else would have a simplified form available. Oh, is there a how-to-automate link out there?

Are you talking about spawn-unit or create-unit, the one I posted a few minutes ago? I have have ninja-posted above you.

taldarus

• Bay Watcher
  • Awkward Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: July 22, 2015, 09:45:39 am »

Was just checking your thing, might be perfect.

Ninja of awesome!

Edit: Really want to try it out, but it's super late atm. Still wondering about how to hook this script to the reaction I want though. Try it out tomorrow. Looks like this is good enough for me to churn out my creature castes.  8)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 09:55:14 am by taldarus »

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: July 22, 2015, 10:07:12 am »

I'm ok with hand-writing each one specifically. Lot of mass find/replace in the end, but that would finally give people some more progession, ranging from iron-clad goblins to heavenly-metal wearing angel/guardians in later stages.

DF2014 suffers from lack of sieges, and even 34.11 had the same-sized sieges after a while, so if you beat them in year 5, year 10, 15 or 20 will be trivial.

If a script can spawn progressively harder sieges over the years, either triggers by workshops, things that happen (X population, X wealth, X kills, X items), or time (year5- siege Y, year6- siege Z), that would help a lot of people. There were so many requests/complains all over the forum about lacking attacks, darkflagrance is even making a new Fortress Defense mod. ^^

My events system can handle running scripts after certain criteria are met (e.g. X goblins killed, X goblin sieges, X time, X deaths, etc...). I haven't worked on the system in awhile since it's main purpose was to create better sieges and monster attacks, but there wasn't a working create-unit so I put it on hold. With the new create-unit I will continue working on the system. And, when combined with my civilization system, it should allow you to slowly level up the other NPC entities so that you are continually challenged.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: July 22, 2015, 10:09:18 am »

Roses: By the way, let me know when you consider your scripts to be stable and I'll include them in the main repo.

Sounds like a great way to do invasion scaling over time.

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: July 23, 2015, 05:12:43 pm »

Could you create a UI to set what the default priority for jobs spawned from a given workshop or stockpile are given?  Combined with workflow that could help make sure that you always have coal by having the coal smelter be higher priority than the metal smelter (that uses the coal).  And have a large "if there is nothing else to do" stockpile and a smaller "always keep this filled, no matter what" stockpile (and help control who does hauling based on importance of what else they are doing).

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: July 23, 2015, 06:05:51 pm »

i'm not entirely sure if job priorities are even things we can effect except by setting jobs to urgent

Isngrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: August 07, 2015, 02:20:54 pm »

Would it be possible to make a script that applies a syndrome or activates another script based on the number of kills made with a particular weapon?
basically: Dwarf equips weapon that was used to make 10 notable or unnotable kills, an item upgrade script is called making the weapon stronger,or the dwarf gets a strength boost.
08:43 PM The wild animals and insects sang a merry tune and the trees performed a dance. I know you're trying to cheer me up, Vishnu, but that was actually a bit creepy.-Rhons

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: August 07, 2015, 03:19:54 pm »

Would it be possible to make a script that applies a syndrome or activates another script based on the number of kills made with a particular weapon?
You should check out Roses' script system.

Isngrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: August 07, 2015, 04:17:58 pm »

unless i missed something none of roses scripts have an argument for number of kills made with the weapon a creature is currently equipped with.
08:43 PM The wild animals and insects sang a merry tune and the trees performed a dance. I know you're trying to cheer me up, Vishnu, but that was actually a bit creepy.-Rhons

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: August 10, 2015, 12:34:46 pm »

unless i missed something none of roses scripts have an argument for number of kills made with the weapon a creature is currently equipped with.

You did not miss anything. Currently that particular feature is not an option (you can trigger scripts based on number of global kills, but not on specific weapons). It is sobering I would like to add, but is currently buried under a very large to do list
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 61