Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 61

Author Topic: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins  (Read 136165 times)

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins
« Reply #735 on: January 07, 2016, 06:24:07 am »

To be fair, the manual is new.

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: January 07, 2016, 06:26:51 am »

But... There's a manual...

I have never read any of the manual.  :D The only reason I know it exists is because I sometimes hit '?' by accident. I just watched a bunch of lets plays and tutorials and read the wiki, and now I'm dwarfing along just fine.

(Has anyone here ever seen The Greatest American Hero?)

No I have not, and I don't feel bad about it, mainly because I'm Australian  8)
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: January 07, 2016, 06:28:14 am »

EDIT: Accidently double posted  :-[
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 06:30:09 am by King Kitteh »

RickRollYou2

• Bay Watcher
  • [START_BIOME:EARTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: January 07, 2016, 09:03:26 am »

sometimes hit '?' by accident.

Try pressing '?' a few more times while in the manual. ;)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: January 07, 2016, 09:40:12 am »

(Has anyone here ever seen The Greatest American Hero?)

No I have not, and I don't feel bad about it, mainly because I'm Australian  8)
It was an early 1980's comedy series... might even have made it to Australia by now ;)
The premise was "What if you had a really powerful alien suit that gave you superpowers... and you lost the instructions?"
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: January 07, 2016, 02:34:40 pm »

I have never read any of the manual.  :D The only reason I know it exists is because I sometimes hit '?' by accident. I just watched a bunch of lets plays and tutorials and read the wiki, and now I'm dwarfing along just fine.
It's also listed right at the bottom of the labor screen, except when you've highlighted Mining (no subcategories.)

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. There are only 16 colors in the game, and it would only be possible to have dark but non-black backgrounds for floors that are 8 of those colors. It does seem to be possible to interfere with construction drawing easily, though.
TWBT does it:
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 02:43:15 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: January 07, 2016, 06:08:04 pm »

Changing colors like that requires creating a new renderer, and I expect TwbT would crash if you tried adding another renderer. It would also be limited to specific print modes, which doesn't make sense for something like that. Is it possible to just add semi-transparency to the tileset's floor file?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: January 08, 2016, 02:52:28 pm »

Is it possible to just add semi-transparency to the tileset's floor file?
No, the floor symbols are used by various stones. The only thing that separates them is background color.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 02:54:37 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: January 08, 2016, 04:39:28 pm »

Is it possible to just add semi-transparency to the tileset's floor file?
No, the floor symbols are used by various stones. The only thing that separates them is background color.
Oh, I thought you meant the constructed floor tiles. There isn't an easy way to change the color of natural floors, unfortunately, but I'm sure I've seen tilesets that use transparency to adjust natural floor background colors.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: January 08, 2016, 07:30:35 pm »

Not sure if this is the right place to ask. But I would really like a plugin that properly disables labors in fortress mode, that haven't been permitted in entity_default.

I've got a custom civ of animal people who I want to gather plants (herbalist) but not grow them (planter). But during gameplay I can select "farming (fields)" even though it's not permitted in entity_default.

If this has already been created, or is not actually a plugin but something else, could someone please direct me. I'm a DFhack nub  :-\
This is done now. I also fixed the issues with Shift+Enter and made categories display as fully-enabled even if they contain forbidden labors that aren't enabled.

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: January 08, 2016, 07:39:48 pm »

This is done now. I also fixed the issues with Shift+Enter and made categories display as fully-enabled even if they contain forbidden labors that aren't enabled.

Thankyou very much!  :D

This will be very helpful!

EDIT: Errr, where can I actually get it? I'm a bit of a nub  :P
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 07:42:21 pm by King Kitteh »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: January 08, 2016, 09:17:06 pm »

You'll have to compile DFHack for it until there's a release, because it's part of a plugin (the tweak plugin, to be exact) which is written in C++ and needs to be compiled.
What platform are you using? I can compile for OS X and Linux (and as of an hour ago, I can compile for both *on OS X*, which is convenient), so I could upload a development version of the plugin for those platforms. If you're on Windows, I've been considering doing another alpha release soon, so someone should upload a Windows build with that change when the release happens.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: January 08, 2016, 09:57:22 pm »

An updated Windows build would be appreciated.  The only Linux box I have access to right now is part of a high-performance computing grid at work.  They probably wouldn't see the humor in me running by a fantasy world simulator on it.

Besides, DF is single-threaded and wouldn't get any real benefit anyway.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: January 09, 2016, 03:59:59 am »

Yeah, I'm using a windows computer. It's not urgent though so don't worry.  :)

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: January 09, 2016, 12:51:57 pm »

An updated Windows build would be appreciated.  The only Linux box I have access to right now is part of a high-performance computing grid at work.  They probably wouldn't see the humor in me running by a fantasy world simulator on it.

Besides, DF is single-threaded and wouldn't get any real benefit anyway.

There's a beta version out. A full version depends on the harder parts of updating df-structures, which only two active members of the team know how to do.

I have a virtual Linux OS inside Windows for programming. It is not particularly difficult to set up or maintain.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 61