Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 61

Author Topic: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins  (Read 136195 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins
« Reply #765 on: February 18, 2016, 11:30:10 am »

Not exactly a plugin, but it would be great if there was a tweak to change the zoom location for "could not reach item" announcements to the location of the item, as opposed to where the dwarf was standing.

Edit: This is now a vanilla feature.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 06:18:55 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: February 18, 2016, 03:24:35 pm »

Not exactly a plugin, but it would be great if there was a tweak to change the zoom location for "could not reach item" announcements to the location of the item, as opposed to where the dwarf was standing.

That's actually possible. It would take some monitoring of jobs to keep track of what the item in question was but once you've computed what the item is you can find where it is and once you know where it is it's simple enough to alter the location field of the announcement.

The difference between plugins and scripts is technical. Plugins have less FPS impact and can do a few things we can't do in scripts but scripts require less skill to write.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: February 23, 2016, 06:17:13 pm »

Some dwarven civs can make high boots, some can't. Same with robes. Some dwarven civs have access to iron, and some don't, leaving the player stuck with having to spend 300 embark points on a steel anvil, or start without an anvil. Some dwarven civs don't have access to cassiterite, so starting with the makings for smelting bronze isn't possible. But you can't know these things until you've already selected a civilization and get to the "prepare carefully" screen.

It would be nice to be able to find out which civs have access to what when choosing the civ in the embark site chooser. It seems like a dfhack plugin should be able to determine this sort of thing and make a report about which civ has access to what materials and clothing/armor types.

A summary of who is at war with whom would also be nice. I usually end up selecting a civ, tabbing around to the relationship screen to see who they are at war with, then tabbing back to the civ choosing screen, selecting the next, tabbing around to see who they are at war with, and so on, ad nauseum. It's at least possible to find out war status before choosing a civ, but kind of tedious.

A summary similar to this would be nice:

The Hammers of Choosing
    Hostile with Goblins.
    Makes high boots, robes. Has iron.
The Boats of Indecision
    Hostile with Goblins. At war with Elves.
    Makes robes. Has cassiterite.
The Fist of Ash
    At war with Goblins, Humans.
    Makes high boots. Has iron, cassiterite.

There are probably other clothes/armor and minerals that would be worth reporting, and maybe other things that would be nice to know about a civ when choosing. Population maybe? That's available in region*-world_site_and_pops.txt, but could be put on the same line as the civ name w/o cluttering up the summary too much. Other ideas?
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: March 10, 2016, 12:54:41 am »

A stocks screen that exists as only a partial menu (like squad orders) that lets you easily check item locations.

A stockpile quality setting for xworn itemsx, if possible.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Bogus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: March 10, 2016, 06:16:00 am »

It would be nice to be able to find out which civs have access to what when choosing the civ in the embark site chooser. It seems like a dfhack plugin should be able to determine this sort of thing and make a report about which civ has access to what materials and clothing/armor types.

the question is wether the gui for the world screen is accesible through dfhack? if so, this would be rather easy to do methinks.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: March 10, 2016, 06:22:06 am »

the question is wether the gui for the world screen is accesible through dfhack? if so, this would be rather easy to do methinks.
Even if it's not, a terminal-based output like prospect would still be helpful.  But we know it's possible because of the sand indicator.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: March 10, 2016, 06:24:12 am »

Remember this irritating bug? As used as I am getting to opening up the scroll's data in gm-editor and manually removing the third entry in the improvement vector every time I make one, it seems like something that'd be just the thing to automate with a script.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: March 12, 2016, 04:13:51 pm »

I just went through the post, took many of the ideas and put them on the DFHack issue tracker, so that's nice. See Here

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: March 15, 2016, 04:54:30 pm »

Not sure if anyone has brought these up before.

1) In theory the game has a "uniform" for civilian jobs, hunters/woodcutters/miners, has anyone looked if its possibly to get access to them so we can assign armor for hunters and wood cutters?

2) Dwarfs build underground roads between forts, you can see this in adventure mode or by reclaiming a fort in fortress mode. It would be nice if you could convince dwarfs/liaison to enter from underground.
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

indyofcomo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: March 21, 2016, 01:34:46 pm »

I would love to be able to filter jewelry gem lists by cost. That would be way less annoying than swapping back 'n' forth between DF and web-browers/Excel/notepad/whatever.

Bogus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: March 22, 2016, 06:20:53 am »

i would love to see callbacks for when a topic has been researched.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #776 on: March 26, 2016, 02:52:02 pm »

A script or plugin or whatever the name is - it's a one-time thing that only runs when you use a hotkey or type it into the command prompt. Like "warn-starving", although that might run automatically. Like "make-legendary," "liquids", "reveal" - you know?

Anyway, that kind of thing. A [THING] that when you run it, gives the selected creature (intended for adventurer) all the necessary tags to become a full citizen of the current fortress, or the site that the adventurer is in (if run in adv mode). I know that the difference is just a bunch of booleans and numbers that you can change in gui/gm-editor, so it should be possible.

---

I know that, ever since world activation, it has been impossible to spawn migrant waves out of the blue. But what if you altered a migrant wave to have more dwarves in it?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 02:55:26 pm by jwoodward48df »
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: March 26, 2016, 02:55:53 pm »

Fuckin' hell, do you know them? Goddamn, I've wanted to make one of those since 0.42 came out but didn't know what needs to be changed specifically.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: March 26, 2016, 03:35:40 pm »

I know that, ever since world activation, it has been impossible to spawn migrant waves out of the blue.

The "force" script definitely worked in 0.40, although I can't remember if I checked in 0.42. The thing is that instead of spawning waves, it tells DF to spawn a wave immediately, which doesn't always produce a wave (especially if you've just spawned a few in rapid succession).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: March 26, 2016, 03:51:23 pm »

Yeah, I have video evidence of force working in 0.40. https://youtu.be/NP3axSEckkE?t=2279
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 61