Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 61

Author Topic: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins  (Read 136146 times)

RickRollYou2

• Bay Watcher
  • [START_BIOME:EARTH]
    • View Profile
Re: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins
« Reply #165 on: April 12, 2013, 04:54:16 am »

Is it possible to create a plugin to make bridges longer? Much like falconnes' construction helper?

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 12, 2013, 07:00:25 am »

Is it possible to make a reagent-product simplifier? Or better illustrated:

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:EXAMPLE]
[NAME:create item from enhanced material]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:weapon:1:WEAPON:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[REAGENT:reagent:1:NONE:NONE:INORGANIC:ADAMANTINE]
[PRODUCT:100:1://REACTION:weapon:NONE:NONE]

Basically, it accepts any weapon for input materials, and produces an output of the same type of object, albeit in adamantine form.

If I put an axe for the weapon, it will output an adamantine axe.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 12, 2013, 08:40:38 am »

Is it possible to have a plugin run during worldgen and prevent carnivore civs from starving?

- I can't be the only one with a carnivore fortress race that forgets to remove [NO_EAT] and [NO_DRINK] from the race until half a year after embark.

Is it possible to have a GUI mod that will let you select a job in the workshop and specifically choose what items you want used for that job, or forbid item types from being used?

- I'm tired of my metalworkers studding my bolts with gold just because the ammo stockpile is 2 floors up, while the finished goods stockpile is a whole 3 tiles east.  I could set the workshop to take from the pile, but then they wouldn't take bars directly from the neiboring smelter.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 08:43:33 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 13, 2013, 04:40:38 pm »

if an enemy cant pathfind to the fort.  they try to deconstruct an outerwall into a ramp for possible accessibility.

i ask because i want to try and mod it in
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 06:30:26 pm by thistleknot »

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 13, 2013, 07:56:31 pm »

Is it possible to have a GUI mod that will let you select a job in the workshop and specifically choose what items you want used for that job, or forbid item types from being used?

That is already in DFHack: https://github.com/peterix/dfhack/blob/master/Readme.rst#guiworkshop-job
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 13, 2013, 10:55:23 pm »

if an enemy cant pathfind to the fort.  they try to deconstruct an outerwall into a ramp for possible accessibility.

Massively difficult. I have something that maybe 5% works but it's incredibly slow and buggy and I can't work on it right now.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #171 on: April 14, 2013, 01:57:06 pm »

Massively difficult. I have something that maybe 5% works but it's incredibly slow and buggy and I can't work on it right now.
Since pathfinding is mentioned, I just wanted to refresh my old idea of a Pathfinding GUI plugin.

For a moment, I thought the GUI/Guide-Path was a pathfinder tool that did similar to what I was suggesting; but it could work as a decent reference to what I was suggesting earlier (arrow markers and all). If you look at what I'm currently doing with the Bloodaxe megaproject, as well as what I did with TamedEarth (pretty much the same system), instead of trial and error when the traders or migrants or invaders arrive to find any holes in the pathfinding system (or making a burrow in an arbitrary spot, and sending a dwarf to those coordinates and following them), I get a GUI overlay similar to GUI/Guide-Path that can work alongside the traffic designator (make that more efficient/effective) that can show me the most likely/shortest path dwarves and wagons (especially the wagons) would take. GUI/Pathfinder could be a good name for it.

We can either select 2 different spots, and estimate the pathfinding from those two, or if you already have a Depot, choose choose the depot (if you have more than 1; in case you have decoys, or more secure ones, or specified ones for elves and such), and from there, choose a point of origin, and then observe the path (more reliable than Depot Access's blots of colors, now you see a likely path most-all would follow from a common origin; We know the Depot can be accessed, but since we carved out some moats and a trap gauntlet, what's the shortest path the wagons and invaders would take?) in free-look mode to find any holes in a runaround system. This can also help out for any trap gauntlets you make, to see if the enemy will even bother going through it all, and instead take a different one you made, or an unintended backdoor you forgot about.

This could also help for establishing an efficient goblin grinder without needing to make an overly-complicated pathway. That is, if you want to keep a simple looking fort.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 01:57:11 pm by Itnetlolor »

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 20, 2013, 03:19:56 pm »

I could use a plugin that lists syndromes with "Can do interaction" on all citizens. This would be cheaty in vanilla, with listing of vampires and werebeasts and what have you, but would be useful for mods. I play a mod where we have spells that are syndromes / interactions and there is no way to list who has what. It would also help with autosyndrome plugin, listing all the buffs from Power armours, amulets and what have you.

> Those are itemsyndrome
Those aren't just from worn items. (I can figure out the equipment just fine :)) The main problem here is that spells are learned at a workshop and give the citizen a syndrome "can do interaction". This is listed in combat {r}eports, but I don't have a list of spells this citizen can cast or a list of spells everyone can cast, which would be useful. Otherwise I need to be very watchful and have a spreadsheet. 
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 04:48:27 pm by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 20, 2013, 03:21:26 pm »

Those are itemsyndrome :P

I think this could be doable.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 24, 2013, 11:02:02 am »

Copy - paste for stockpile settings or workshop profiles.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #175 on: April 25, 2013, 01:19:50 pm »

Just started a thread that led to a pretty intriguing idea. DF-Enhanced Minimap:
1x1 Pixel Tileset for mapping and fortress megaproject referencing
Enhanced Minimap Ideas based on thread

The other feature ideas I listed in the second link have not been illustrated yet, but I think you'll have a good idea of what I think is possible.

Naturally, the pixelated minimap would generate pixels according to data on the map and so forth, instead of just being a tileset and everything like I provided in the thread. That way, it can be most user-friendly between tilesets from Curses to Graphical ones like Phoebus and Ironhand and classic Mayday (as well as user-friendly to the End-User and Programmer); even different mods will work just fine between uses, since it's raw data being read and rendered, instead of being interpreted from screenshots periodically made and interpreted (which sounds more resource-costly); hopefully debugging would be much easier to handle as well basing off raw data and modder/user input, instead of interpreting pixels. Generating the map based on the individual cells should be much easier to generate, than having it auto-screenshot a pixel version of the map every time; and all cells will be accounted for in the process, since it's a code interpretation of the game generated, instead of just being a screenshot at a time. Considering the pixelated nature of the minimap, it shouldn't be all that resource-intense, seeing as we also have a minimap in-game (albeit, not as useful detail-wise).

If you really want to go nuts with the idea; make a GUI/Minimap-to-Fullscale-Overlay function to render an overlay of what's on the minimap into DF at beast interpretation of what's visible. Good for if you want to designate more precisely and such, I guess.

EDIT:
The unit-tracker idea came from playing some Rollercoaster Tycoon, and making good use of that minimap. Actually, some of the ideas are somewhat based on that concept. I'm just elaborating it a bit more for the sake of DF-players. Especially if you have a huge region, several dozens of dwarves, and so on, and you want to simplify things, or curiosity piques, and you want to know exactly what is where without having to guess with a prospector tool (which the minimap can use reveal or not as an assisting hand), or without having to use loo(k) or (v)iew creature everywhere.

This also would help in case you think you got every invader during a giant siege, but the label is still up, and you don't know exactly where they are and how many of there are there; and zooming from the unit list is getting tedious or not helping as much as you'd think.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 11:00:57 am by Itnetlolor »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #176 on: April 25, 2013, 02:00:33 pm »

Hey, thats something I havent seen before :)

I can absolutely envision it down here as on overlay. Then you have a minimap and you build menu at the same time, without this unnecessary second box. The map would need to be toggled off/made invisble if you enter another menu that reaches further down (for example the build:workshop menu) but I think it would make a great addition. :)

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #177 on: April 25, 2013, 02:16:17 pm »

Hey, thats something I havent seen before :)

I can absolutely envision it down here as on overlay. Then you have a minimap and you build menu at the same time, without this unnecessary second box. The map would need to be toggled off/made invisble if you enter another menu that reaches further down (for example the build:workshop menu) but I think it would make a great addition. :)

(screenshot)
Personally, with all the visualizers and such that have been produced, and so forth, along with all the advances and tools made with the most recent DFHack, I'm surprised this idea (and even the tileset alone) haven't come up in anyone's minds to implement this far down the line.

Just thought up another Dorf-Tracker 3000 idea for the minimap. Working alongside Falconne's Dwarf Monitor; track dwarves according to happiness value (color-based tracking using the table as reference); make sure those axe-crazy rageaholics aren't near anything you don't want dismantled piece by piece. Moodable/moody dwarves could also be tracked this way. Make sure the nobility isn't worth making sure accidents *don't* happen to them. While on topic of nobles, nobility and merchant tracking. Best use for trade depots, and finding your broker while the merchants patiently wait.

What I wish was also possible was to be able to generate a detailed minimap of the area you plan to embark in this way; just to ensure its the kind of landscape you want (volcano is in the right spot; good exposure, and the waterfall is plenty wide and tall, and so on. Even make sure the game wasn't kidding about being heavily forested ahead of time). Of course, we can still probably do something similar, if possible with the general landscape, as an alternative to Isoworld; since this is more of a top-down map.

EDIT:
Another idea, similar to prospecting. Aquifer-mapping. For players that don't want to use reveal, but also want to avoid aquifers. Whether map is revealed or not, highlight in mini-map, and maybe even overlaid full-scale where aquifers are, without needing to dig, designate dig mode, or whatever, and especially, without spoiling what's beneath with reveal. Magmaproof material prospecting can also be done, in case you want to tap magma and control it with floodgates and pumps, but don't have the supplies, and don't know where to look for magma-proof stuff.

HFS tracking and such when you visit the carnival finally, and fetch some cotton candy, along with forgotten beasts and such can also be a tracking feature that can work alongside the unit tracker. Tasks and such can also be highlighted accordingly (all haulers are highlighted, as well as their targeted hauling item on minimap (great for diverting dumbass dwarves from walking right into a siege, because you forgot to forbid certain items). The trade depot idea can even use the hauling task highlighter as well to track all depot-based items (in transit to, and maybe from depot).

EDIT EDIT:
The minimap will have to be expandable, according to various map sizes and dimensions.  Not everyone plays on tiny (1x1-3x3) maps, some may even risk mapping an entire region (16x16 usually as a preview of what can be selected (excellent for Worldgen Cookbook threads)). But just in case, it will have to adapt, or the menu will have to extend with it accordingly. Just a heads-up. I suppose, while the minimap is generated by code, we can even overlay a view-box (like Photoshop), similar to how some paint programs have an overview function, and you're zoomed in and the bounding box highlights the area you're looking at (adapts with hitting TAB). Easier to keep track of than a single tile in Vanilla.

The histogram can also work similarly to how histograms work in art programs as well, but for the features I mentioned before (dwarf happiness, minerals, wood types, # of creatures, etc.; Customizable, if possible. The possibilities are endless. Histogram according to particular [raw] data or syndrome effect/affected.). Of course, customizing views will require more direct interaction in DFHack, and can be bypassed, if it begins to get tedious, by including it in the code like the Syndromes plugin.

In case the user hasn't used my pixel-tileset, there can always be an export minimap function (also great for worldgen cookbook threads), which would be capable of exporting similarly to worldgen history exports (Flatmap (like the first screenshot, minus the sky shadow and building plans), heightmap (greyscale, color(by hue), color overlay on flat map (like the full-color + shading image)), vegetation+histogram (trees highlighted by color they appear in stonesense), aquifer overlay, magma, prospects+Histogram (color-coded according to mineral, ore, gem, sand, clay, etc.), etc.). Reveal (all) are optional, naturally (use actual reveal plugin for those settings to take effect). Prospect-all+Histogram can also work. Does a hidden reveal function, maps it, generates a histogram, and exports it, and unreveals as to not affect the gameplay. Histogram data is mostly based on the prospector tool's data extraction. It can also highlight by hue or raw data assignment.

Can't really think up any other plugins (and viewing modes that involve raw data; and maybe even DwarfTherapist) that can also interact with this minimap idea, along with it's alternative extraction methods (for use with other programs like Paint.NET and so forth as well (mostly for megaproject planning and such, pixel-by-pixel, which was my original intention/function with said program(s) anyway; which also led to implementing this idea.) right now. Feel free to add to the idea list. To be honest, I don't know how much of this is actually possible, but as long as I've been churning out ideas, why not? It's worth a shot. I'm just throwing ideas at the wall now to see what sticks. My brainstorm has just about calmed down now.

I'm gonna see what I can do about committing to the 1x1 tileset in the meantime, and see what I can do about the graphical sets, and in the future, even mod tilesets (maybe start off with the Fallout Mod first to convert to 1x1 when I get around to it).
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 04:09:07 pm by Itnetlolor »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #178 on: April 25, 2013, 02:54:30 pm »

I am no programmer, so I can only make odd suggestions and see what the people come up with. I am however very good at making good use of the tools I am given. I think the best idea would be talking to falconne, he is a boss when it comes to UIs and overlays. I just see this as a clear improvement on the existing DF version, and I have the means to easily bring this to thousands of people. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 25, 2013, 04:46:27 pm »

fastdwarf can teleport. how bout a plugin for teleporting bad guys.

i can see a teleporting gremlin being a nightmare during an invasion.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 61