Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 61

Author Topic: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins  (Read 136697 times)

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
Re: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins
« Reply #255 on: June 17, 2013, 12:45:18 pm »

Two much needed plugins:

1) Plugin that gives the ability to (d)esignate an area for cleaning.

2) Plugin that lets vampires drink blood from barrels, and allows creatures to have [BLOOD_GUZZLER] tag. [BLOOD_GUZZLER] acts as [GUZZLER] for alcohol.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Rogue Yun

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware of the Carp
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 18, 2013, 03:45:45 am »

Haven't seen any auto-melt, but I think it has a good chance as well.
I'd really like to have one, if possible. With workflow this opens a lot of possibilities...

Agreed x 100%

I also thought that it could be handy if workflow was set up to dump, melt, or trade if it got to a certain stock level. Dump plump helmets after attaining 75, trade leggings after it got to 30, etc.

.:Simple Mood 16x16 ASCII:.
Keep it Simple. Keep it Safe.

Dwarf Kitty

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeking owner to adopt
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 19, 2013, 11:46:52 pm »

Heh, noticed that my ideas for water barrels are already in the Orc Fortress part of Masterwork.  I'd like something like that in Dwarf Mode.

Speaking of liquids and vampires, make vampires use blood the same way dwarves use alcohol, as an energy boost.  When they have just fed, vampires become strong and fast.  When they are starving, they become slow and weak as dry dwarves do.  For dwarf vampires, swap out the alcohol effects for blood; immune to the effects of alcohol, only blood gives a similar bloost.

For the non-dwarf civ mods, consider a similar energy drink to be brewed.  High tea with the elves!  Tea or coffee for humans!
Menaces with swipes of claw.
Meows with rumbles of purr.

A cute fluffy little creature fond of idle games, DF, and writing.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 20, 2013, 03:44:14 am »

Or, make dwarf vampires require BOTH :D
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Dwarf Kitty

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeking owner to adopt
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 08, 2013, 01:14:12 am »

New idea:

A plugin that allows the player to rename stockpiles and workshops, and the new nicknames show up in the jobs list.

It'd be really nice to see at a glance that something's being hauled to my food stockpile that's reserved for seeds versus the prepared meals one versus the booze one versus the one for everything else.   :)

More important for stockpiles than workshops.  With workshops, the pending jobs are a big clue most of the time.  Still, sometimes a mason gets a fey mood and I need to figure out if he's taken the main one by the furniture and stone, or the one mostly reserved for coffin making by the graveyard.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 08, 2013, 04:09:12 am »

New idea:
 A plugin that allows the player to rename stockpiles and workshops, and the new nicknames show up in the jobs list.

Get PeridexisErrant's LNP. Then when in the game use (q)uery mode, and "Ctrl-Shift-N" to rename units and buildings.
The script can rename workshops, stockpiles, levels and powerplates. Maybe more.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 08, 2013, 04:10:48 am »

That's in DFHack normally, so you really don't need LNP.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 08, 2013, 04:18:04 am »

@Putnam Oh, that explains why I couldn't find a standalone rename plugin package on the forums. Thx. Anyway, for some people it's easier to download something that works out of the box.

Pie Maker

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_MAKE_PIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 08, 2013, 07:05:54 am »

Would it be possible to make a script/plugin to be able to name items and/or rename artifacts? It's a pretty trivial thing, but it might be useful in certain community games.
"W-w-w-w-what do you want?"
"...MORTAL. I COMMAND THEE. BRING ME CHEESE."

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 08, 2013, 07:57:15 am »

Speaking of artifacts... how about a script that puts the item description on the first 'view item' page? 

Mockup:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I mean, I just get sick of having to press 'v' every time I want to look at an artifact, and since there's a space there anyway...  For very long descriptions, cut it off at the bottom of the space and hit 'v' for the full text. 

I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 08, 2013, 09:27:38 am »

Speaking of artifacts... how about a script that puts the item description on the first 'view item' page? 

Mockup:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I mean, I just get sick of having to press 'v' every time I want to look at an artifact, and since there's a space there anyway...  For very long descriptions, cut it off at the bottom of the space and hit 'v' for the full text.

Normally the item's contents go there, so this would need to be reconciled with container items.  Also, on the more technical side, IIRC the description doesn't actually exist until you view the description page, so DFHack would need to run the code to generate it.
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

Dwarf Kitty

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeking owner to adopt
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 09, 2013, 11:59:03 pm »

Fricy and Putnam:  Thanks!   :)

I use Masterwork DF, which includes DFHack.  The rename script is included, but no hotkey was listed.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 10, 2013, 01:23:51 am »

I tend to keep my fortresses small to prevent fps death, but that places a limit on the number of artifacts you can make (one of the limits is the number of revealed subterannean tiles divided by 2300). 

I would like a plugin that could remove this limit.  I looked around, and I can't find any threads pertaining to this besides using a reveal-all command, which decreases the fps anyways.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 10, 2013, 04:50:06 am »

I use Masterwork DF, which includes DFHack.  The rename script is included, but no hotkey was listed.

Meph thought it only worked for citizens, I think :V

Dwarf Kitty

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeking owner to adopt
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 14, 2013, 12:47:06 am »

Meph thought it only worked for citizens, I think :V

ANY unit on the map, actually.  Including wild animals, caravan units, pets, and ordinary citizens.  Haven't tested with invaders, though.  ;)

Does work on workshops, zones, and stockpiles.  Not on individual pieces of placed furniture such as tables or statues.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 61