Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 61

Author Topic: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins  (Read 136022 times)

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
Re: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins
« Reply #465 on: April 15, 2014, 03:16:33 pm »

Yeah that could work. We also could exploit tablets more (e.g. interpose method to return tablets name as "diary" :) thought c++ stuff is needed for that).

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: April 15, 2014, 10:01:52 pm »

urist da vinci wrote a script rhat could do this for trees. I assume it could be modified... ghe issue was that it had to be run manually... it targets specific civs, so it needs to run after you load a world.

Well, there is the (R3) script that removes the blood, ichor, and liquid barrels: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91166.msg4246062#msg4246062

THIS script is significantly more fun:
Code: (resourceEdit.lua) [Select]

local my_entity=df.historical_entity.find(df.global.ui.civ_id)

--Display what pets are currently available
printall(my_entity.resources.animals)
for k,v in pairs(my_entity.resources.animals.pet_races) do
print(k, v, df.creature_raw.find(v).creature_id)
end
printall(my_entity.resources.animals.pet_castes)

--Uncomment lines to activate code!

--ELF funny stuff (on vanilla raws at least)
--my_entity.resources.animals.pet_races:insert('#',my_entity.race+2)
--my_entity.resources.animals.pet_races:insert('#',my_entity.race+2)
--my_entity.resources.animals.pet_castes:insert('#',0)
--my_entity.resources.animals.pet_castes:insert('#',1)

--do the same for wagon_races and wagon_castes if you also want them as wagon-pullers

--adds WATER to the extracts list so you can buy barrels of water to dump into a cistern?
--my_entity.resources.misc_mat.extracts.mat_type:insert('#',6)
--my_entity.resources.misc_mat.extracts.mat_index:insert('#',0)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #467 on: April 16, 2014, 06:20:38 am »

:o

Do I interpret this correctly? You can add any pet to any race, even if it would otherwise lack biome tags or common domestic/mount tags? Could you post an example?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: April 16, 2014, 09:06:07 am »

I've so far this is where I've gotten,

A custom material book with a custom title.

Wonder if ForumDwarves and it's .txt input and output has the answers I need ....

I don't know why but "This is a book" cracked me up.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: April 16, 2014, 08:15:59 pm »

Do I interpret this correctly? You can add any pet to any race, even if it would otherwise lack biome tags or common domestic/mount tags? Could you post an example?

You can add any specific caste of a creature as a pet, wagon puller, pack animal, mount, minion (trolls for goblins?), or exotic pet.

In the elf example, since they lack the pet tags, they show up as tame elves who are on the citizens list rather than the livestock list. If you make elves into wagon pullers or pack animals, they will do that task correctly, but may have trouble carrying a large pack load. If you give a civ its own creature as a mount, you can get attacked by piggyback riders during sieges.

The [PET] token actually has on-map AI, breeding, and interface uses, as shown by other people's testing.
The [WAGON_PULLER] token merely appears to add the creature to a list of possible wagon pullers. The special caravan AI appears to force whatever creature has the job to obey, regardless of tokens.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: April 16, 2014, 11:41:00 pm »

You can add any specific caste of a creature as a pet, wagon puller, pack animal, mount, minion (trolls for goblins?), or exotic pet.

In the elf example, since they lack the pet tags, they show up as tame elves who are on the citizens list rather than the livestock list. If you make elves into wagon pullers or pack animals, they will do that task correctly, but may have trouble carrying a large pack load. If you give a civ its own creature as a mount, you can get attacked by piggyback riders during sieges.

The [PET] token actually has on-map AI, breeding, and interface uses, as shown by other people's testing.
The [WAGON_PULLER] token merely appears to add the creature to a list of possible wagon pullers. The special caravan AI appears to force whatever creature has the job to obey, regardless of tokens.

Is it possible to have a creature with the [PET] token and no biomes (so it does not appear in game naturally) be added to a foreign civs list, and then be brought along to trade/use as normal for a pet?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #471 on: April 17, 2014, 01:19:02 pm »

Roses, that is exactly what I wanted to ask. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: April 17, 2014, 02:05:57 pm »

A lot of stuff seems to have changed, shouldn't the OP be updated?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #473 on: April 18, 2014, 05:17:33 am »

Yes. Its still about r3. But I dont have the time atm. I could do it in 1,5 months from now, when I am done cycling.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: April 19, 2014, 05:05:28 pm »

Progress with books: thanks to Quietust's research we can now hack books. Good news: it allows us to fill them with events and stuff. Bad news: no free strings (i.e. diary type texts). Also the interaction giving part needs more research. This is a quick book thingy i hacked up:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
and the code:
is subject to change

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #475 on: April 24, 2014, 09:01:18 am »

Since Urist daVinci seemed to have fullfilled the last suggestion, here another one:

Upon embark all civ members, pets, the wagon and all items in the wagon.... are teleported to a random place in the first cavern (dry, not in the water I hope). I know that Roses has a teleportation script, and if it somehow could find the caverns and run automatically once at embark, we could have this option:

CAVERN EMBARK: YES/NO

What do you guys think?

PintOfBass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: April 24, 2014, 09:41:22 am »

The one thing I have always wished DFhack did was have a filter when assigning bedrooms, much like when you assign animals to a zone.  Simple key stroke to take off the list the dwarfs who already have a room would be soooo eye sex.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #477 on: April 24, 2014, 09:46:05 am »

Dwarves claim bedrooms automatically, you dont have to asdign them to dwarves.

PintOfBass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: April 24, 2014, 09:55:28 am »

Dwarves claim bedrooms automatically, you dont have to asdign them to dwarves.

Never liked them choosing for them selves.  Most the time I don't make one large bedroom area, but rather 20 room pods on differing levels.  Then assign the rooms to the dwarfs who work closest to that area.  So as an example the dwarfs who work closest to the surface or on the surface (farmers, wood cutters, milkers/shears etc) aren't walking 30 levels down to the "main" fort, and the dwarfs who work near the magma furnaces aren't walking 30 floors up to take a nap.

But hey if your a hero of the people then just let them go willy nilly.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: April 24, 2014, 01:00:38 pm »

i'd like a plugin that listens the combat log and if an attack is made returns the weapon, the attacking creature, the attacked creature, and the armour the weapon had to go through
i'd like to make a script to add wear to weapons and armor based on their material properties, but i don't know how to do that first part
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 61