Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 61

Author Topic: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins  (Read 136018 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins
« Reply #480 on: April 24, 2014, 03:07:50 pm »

i'd like a plugin that listens the combat log and if an attack is made returns the weapon, the attacking creature, the attacked creature, and the armour the weapon had to go through
i'd like to make a script to add wear to weapons and armor based on their material properties, but i don't know how to do that first part

1. Attack announcements don't really have all that data in them. Also, if a creature is surrounded during a fight, the attacker id might not be correct, and I'm not sure exactly how you'd get the attacked creature.
2. item:addWear(int_32 delta,bool simple,bool lose_masterwork). The types are just guidance, you shouldn't actually be including them in the arguments if you're on lua
(or ruby AFAIK)

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: April 24, 2014, 05:29:19 pm »

yeah, i'd gotten 2 already. i want to do that automatically during combat
for 1 i was guessin one could parse the string outputted by the combat log and then find the creature with a matching name. then i took a look at the log and noticed it just outputs the creature's profession or race

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #482 on: April 25, 2014, 08:39:17 am »

If you do write this wear-for-weapons/armor, let me know. it will be added as a option into MDF. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: April 25, 2014, 09:02:52 am »

Closes i got to weapon striking detection is:
"onItemContaminateWound(item,unit,wound,number1,number2)" in eventful.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #484 on: May 21, 2014, 07:10:34 am »

Suggestion (or rather a request): A script that spawns colonies of a specific vermin around the worker. Make a 1-tile workshop, run reaction and AutoSyndrome triggers the script. The script then generates 4 colonies, next to the workshop.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: May 26, 2014, 04:41:24 pm »

A suggestion for pumpstack/track spiral/shaft/etc helper - a plugin that searches for solid-stone columns from level where it's called down to magma sea.
When you're looking for place to start digging for pumpstack, you call this plugin and it intersects maps of all explored caverns and gives you places where it's safe to dig vertical shafts without getting into the cavern.
Unrevealed tiles count as solid. Better be called by a hotkey from designations menu, optionally looking for columns of specified size (square sections, circles, whatever)
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #486 on: May 26, 2014, 04:44:32 pm »

You can do this with a "dwarven ground radar/sonar", just designate a large farm and start scrolling. When the X turn green, even on the unreleaved tiles, you know that there is soil underneath = cavern.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 26, 2014, 05:05:42 pm »

You can do this with a "dwarven ground radar/sonar", just designate a large farm and start scrolling. When the X turn green, even on the unreleaved tiles, you know that there is soil underneath = cavern.
No, I meant something different.
For example, if I need to piston-pump magma from magma sea up above first cavern, I need to dig a solid shaft 10x10 for example, ensuring that no cavern will get on the way. What I do now is about half-an-hour scrolling from lowest caver to first and second, mumbling "here's the nice solid section..  shit, here's an empty space at second cavern.. and here? no, there's a lake on the way at first one... and here? no, here's a this stalaktites at third..."
And what I'd like to see is a whole level covered with green and red Xs - greens where it's safe to dig a shaft straight down and reds (or empty) where a cavern is on the way. Something like embark finder screen.
Maybe I should make a picture that clearifies...

EDIT: I better write a pseudocode
Code: [Select]
for each tile in current_z_level_unrevealed_tiles
   for z = tile.z to lowest_z
      if (tile.x, tile.y, z) is revealed then break
      if (tile.x, tile.y, z) is magma_sea then
        blink green X at tile
        break
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 11:10:08 pm by peregarrett »
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: May 27, 2014, 01:42:30 pm »

A plugin to hide components (mechanisms, bridges, doors, etc) from the list when selecting what to link.
Filters should include linked state, material, z-level, build time if possible, but hiding already linked components would be the most beneficial. Another idea is to filter by forbidden/hidden tag.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: May 28, 2014, 12:13:10 am »

A plugin - carve track helper.
Takes first and last points of trackway, runs usual pathfinding, shows path (ensuring that there's no stair on the way) and then designates whole path for carving.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: May 29, 2014, 02:20:03 pm »

I really wish there was something to designate tombs for the already deceased.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: May 29, 2014, 10:36:03 pm »

I really wish there was something to designate tombs for the already deceased.
Actually you can assign a tomb to dead dwarf. It's a problem to find that specific dwarf in the list, though.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: May 30, 2014, 08:47:13 pm »

i'd like a plugin that listens the combat log and if an attack is made returns the weapon, the attacking creature, the attacked creature, and the armour the weapon had to go through
i'd like to make a script to add wear to weapons and armor based on their material properties, but i don't know how to do that first part

This is more or less first on my todo list, by the way.

MeMyselfAndI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 01, 2014, 03:19:12 pm »

I'd love a plugin (script?) that allowed you to link by cursor position. Would this be possible?

(So, select a lever/pressure plate, when you select add link it enables the cursor and allows you to move the cursor to the thing you wish to link to, with a (flashing?) green X when you're over something that you can link to and a red otherwise (maybe yellow if you're already linked to said item?))

This could be leveraged for quickfort-like programs too.

I'd also like a plugin/script that showed you everything a particular thing was linked to. (So select a lever and it shows you the bridge, select the bridge and it shows you the lever.) Perhaps in a list with center-on-selection like the ordinary link screen?

Also, a nudge/cut/copy/paste designation tool would be awesome. (Especially if it included a mode to copy already-dug areas as "to be dug" - select the floor of the bedrooms that you already dug and copy-paste it a layer down, for example) If possible, including a way to copy buildings as "to be built" - as though you just built a new bed (or whatever) in the new location and am at the materiel selection screen. (So copy a furnished bedroom and paste it into an unfurnished bedroom and it displays the materiel selection screen for the bed, then the table, and the chair, and the chest, etc.)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: June 01, 2014, 05:49:17 pm »

I'd also like a plugin/script that showed you everything a particular thing was linked to. (So select a lever and it shows you the bridge, select the bridge and it shows you the lever.) Perhaps in a list with center-on-selection like the ordinary link screen?
gui/mechanisms already does this. 

Also, a nudge/cut/copy/paste designation tool would be awesome. (Especially if it included a mode to copy already-dug areas as "to be dug" - select the floor of the bedrooms that you already dug and copy-paste it a layer down, for example) If possible, including a way to copy buildings as "to be built" - as though you just built a new bed (or whatever) in the new location and am at the materiel selection screen. (So copy a furnished bedroom and paste it into an unfurnished bedroom and it displays the materiel selection screen for the bed, then the table, and the chair, and the chest, etc.)
https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/blob/develop/needs_porting/copypaste.cpp

It's an old proof-of-concept for this, which needs to be updated to the current version.  I know nothing more, but it does seem possible - and I'd also love to see this updated. 
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 61