Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Remember Planepacked? I just made one. Here's how.  (Read 10594 times)

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Remember Planepacked? I just made one. Here's how.
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2014, 02:43:11 pm »

You'd think with that much cloth on it, the turban would be bigger than a dwarf.

A group of dwarves shove the elf into the throne room.
Diplomat: "What is this? I was meant to be led to the mayor!"
Urist: "Aye, 's right there, you tree-hugg-..."
Diplomat: "Oh here come the insults again. And let me guess, I should just stand still next to that pile of cloth while you pull some lever, right? I've heard of you dwarves, I-"
Urist: "How dare ye! 'Tis a turban, not a pile!"
"SILENCE!" said the turban sitting on the throne, "I am the mayor of these grand halls."
Diplomat: "You... the turban is this fortress' mayor?!"
"NO YOU FOOL, I AM WEARING IT!"
Excellent. Just excellent. I can imagine only a pair of shoes sticking out from underneath.

And then, when you try to atom-smash him for demanding copper beds, the bridge just bounces off.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 02:44:54 pm by Illogical_Blox »
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"

Authority2

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: INCREASE_FPS: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: Remember Planepacked? I just made one. Here's how.
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2014, 11:10:55 pm »

You can do it with burrows too, for non-cloth artifacts. Make a burrow that includes all the things the dwarf wants, but not the centre tile of the workshop that it claimed. The dwarf will carry stuff into the workshop, drop it, then decide that stuff is unusable and go for another without unmarking it from the mood job. To finish the artifact, just remove the dwarf from the burrow.
Warning: military alerts will also finish the mood.
"But I tell you what the Queen wants is impossible. The story of her mandate to create floodgates in our desert fortress cannot be told in less than 314160 stanzas! Art bows not to any dwarf!"
Pages: 1 2 [3]