Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "Crowedruthless" A tale of orcish industry, warfare, piracy and mumaks.  (Read 3181 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

The wizened old dreamwalker came to me a while ago and told me that it is time to spare more food for the pregnant females of the clan so we could populate or perish, as we were on the edge of extinction. At the time I had sighed, for this normally meant food was rationed more carefully, and water was more scarce. I reluctantly reached for the hand-me-down belt to tighten it up a bit, preparing for what i]I thought was to come next. Then the dreamwalker told me that I was being sent with a caravan to guard it against all our enemies. I was handed a bloodsteel blade and chain-armour and told to spar with another member being sent as a guard, and to become proficient in the blade. I was also told that the council was putting extra effort in this attempt because most of the other caravans had been found destroyed, or not at all. We had our pick of the mumak herd, as well as whatever resources we thought we would need. As the band of ten discussed the upcoming expedition, I asked where was our objective. The other orcs just gave me a dumb look and one even asked "Whats an objective?" such idiots. i asked, "What about the volcano the warriors found in the battle for the blazing forest?"

Setting: A volcano in the middle of a freshwater swamp
Numbers: 10 orcs to start with. this is done with the MDF settings.
Feel free to want to be orc'd, just post what you want to be
Embark
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
yes i know i'm a dirty cheater. another option of MDF. i did it so i didnt have to sacrifice everything for breeding shaggy mumaks... and bloodsteel armour... and weaponry... and culture... and stuff. Dont worry i wont be using dfhack

Orcs:
Insanegame27: (Uruk male)
Quartz_Mace:(Uruk ronin female.)
:(Male artisian)
:(female orc)
:(female artesian)
:(male orc)
smakemupagus:(male corsair)
:(female snaga)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 02:27:08 am by Insanegame27 »
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: "The borderlands" A tale of orcish industry, warfare, piracy and mumaks
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 10:17:18 am »

20 mumaks!  8)

Looks like you left at least the possibility for some early !!FUN!!, with no drinks or vermin hunters.  Volcano in a swamp sounds fun, good luck.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: "The borderlands" A tale of orcish industry, warfare, piracy and mumaks
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 03:57:05 pm »

20 mumaks!  8)

Looks like you left at least the possibility for some early !!FUN!!, with no drinks or vermin hunters.  Volcano in a swamp sounds fun, good luck.

Damnit i forgot drinks NOOOOOOOOO!!!
the sad thing is i actually didn't realize it.
Do you want to be orc'd?
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: "Crowedruthless" A tale of orcish industry, warfare, piracy and mumaks.
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 05:02:03 pm »

Sure.  How about the Corsair?   Smakemupagus or he can go by Smake is fine.

In a freshwater swamp, I guess we'll be fine living on water until the crops come in (orcs don't need alcohol to get through the day, as you might know).

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 05:07:02 pm »

I'll take the Uruk ronin female, please.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 02:58:28 am »

Sure.  How about the Corsair?   Smakemupagus or he can go by Smake is fine.

In a freshwater swamp, I guess we'll be fine living on water until the crops come in (orcs don't need alcohol to get through the day, as you might know).

I know that. its just that there is only one pool of water in the 3x3 embark! plenty of magma though, I wonder if we can drink magma...
so heres a pic of the embark.
I set up a farm
And a basic defence system, not that we need it right now but...

So the party of ten has finally made it to the blazing forest, we can see the volcano in the distance, and we all rush to see it. someone decides to test out his new toy (ummm, turns out i really don't like ducks) without asking.
In my defence, the duck was looking at me funny.
On the plus side, roast duck for dinner tonight anyone? or shaggy mumak? I had to kill the male runt. It was picking fights and kicked another innocent duck in the head. so... yeah. I always fancied myself as a chef.

I enabled cooking and animal training for my uruk.

so now our meat industry is well and truly booming. i set up a screw pump. dat distance do... It's literally at the edge of the map. but atleast we've got drink.

Ok, I designate some bedrooms to be dug out and some workshop spaces. also a massive room for the forge. i am playing with no cave-ins. mainly because i dont understand the physics.
I've also designated some wooden chairs and tables. i'm alsogoing to make someone an engraver

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 09:30:12 am »

On the plus side, roast duck for dinner tonight anyone? or shaggy mumak? I had to kill the male runt. It was picking fights and kicked another innocent duck in the head.

You might need a bigger pasture?  Masterwork is pretty forgiving compared to Vanilla when it comes to grazing, but, mumakil still need a bit of space.  Maybe ~25 squares each.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2014, 04:04:29 pm »

On the plus side, roast duck for dinner tonight anyone? or shaggy mumak? I had to kill the male runt. It was picking fights and kicked another innocent duck in the head.

You might need a bigger pasture?  Masterwork is pretty forgiving compared to Vanilla when it comes to grazing, but, mumakil still need a bit of space.  Maybe ~25 squares each.
Nah, It's because of the hardcoded start from top left thing where everything tries to fight for the top-left space in a pasture. no way to do this unless i designate 5x5 pastures seperately, byt frankly, thats a pain in the ass. (or rather, a pain in the mumak haha)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2014, 06:14:54 am »

unfortunately, the save was lost to corruption. Updated from MDF6.0 to 6.1. i will be doing a new succession fort for MW6.1