Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Moltenchannel's council decisions

Our uniform shall be blood (red)
- 0 (0%)
Danger room training shall be forbidden.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 02, 2013, 10:22:42 am

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 100

Author Topic: Moltenchannels - The magma flows - FINAL TURN (Ardentdikes II)  (Read 387061 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

I left the tower stairways as up-down so that the towers could be more easily extended upwards, but they look pretty silly poking up as they do...

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That'll be fixed once an overseer actually bothers to extend them to a proper epic height. If nothing else we can fill them with caged prisoners.

Random fun fact. In 1089, one female troll and two male trolls, all called Dostngosp, died in Moltenchannels.

Another random fun fact. In 1061, an elf, two vampire goblins and one vampire human started the human cult "The Coven of Brains" to worship Talde Sullyvise, a human goddess of death, blight, disease, deformity, order, laws and discipline. :o
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 08:37:51 am by Wastedlabor »
He stole an onion. Off with his head.
I wonder, what would they do if someone killed their king.
Inevitable, who cares. Now an onion...

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile

I was going to free the other vampire and have it go fight the berserk vampire. Then I also wanted to add in water plumbing and a minecart network.

There's a lot of stuff I forgot to mention, such as how I tried to relocate the housing down to New Townbrush, or how New Townbrush doesn't have a store of food or how booze was declining in the fortress.

The count (yes, we got promoted twice by virtue of having so many diplomats) mandates production of breastplates and short swords, which isn't bad. The only problem is there is a deficit of iron, bronze, or steel.

I'd suggest saving iron for making steel with marble from the magma sea.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The crazy design plans connected to the power distribution network were for a programmable computer. That's right, a programmable computer. It didn't go anywhere and it would require more mechanisms and reactors.

Fixed for you, no spoilers besides my plans.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 06:01:56 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't spoil it, please. >:(

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
Re: Moltenchannels - The Vampire Chronicles (Ardentdikes II)
« Reply #395 on: March 20, 2013, 11:32:03 pm »

Downloading the save now

I already have a previous version of it downloaded (long story), so it should just be a matter of overwriting the saves.

Jornal of Bp920091, Overseer of Moltenchannels, 1090

As CaptainArchmage resumes his position as a champion, he ran into me, LITERALLY, and said, "Good, I was looking for an overseer. Congratulations, you have the job!" "
I stammered "But, i dont know anything about running this place!"
"Nonsense", replied Archmage, "Here's Everything you need to know in ten seconds," and proceeded to talk so fast for the next ten seconds that i could not make out a single word. "The fort is in your hands now, random guy, and remember, The champions will be watching..." He then ran down the hall, shouting "Im FREE!"

So, this is a bit of a change from my existing life as a hauler in the fort. I have kept my head down so low that people dont even know my name. From being a nobody to being in charge of everybody.

First thoughts:

Huh... that's a lot of caged unicorns...

second thought:

Who designed this?

I see a whole bunch of levers, many labeled, many NOT labeled (only one mechanism in there, so many arent hooked up to anything). Additionally, there's a magma pump that looks as if all it needs to turn on is a bunch of axels to finish. The design of this axel will spread lava all across the pipe, as there is no SEAL on the top (flowing magma may not overflow, but pumped magma SURE will). Additionally, i dunno if the pump-stack is all made out of magma proof materials, and as a result, the whole thing may melt/catch fire when it's turned on. I also do not see a shutoff switch for the magma deployment system.

If everything goes allright, we have a magma deployment system that can melt things on the north side of us... which isnt particularly useful (as our entrance is on the east).

We also have a completely secondary fort, down MANY levels, because.... i dunno why, the top floors seem habitable (if a bit confusing).

Time to go over the previous few overseers notes, that i found in an abandond office, just to see what's going on.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 11:47:14 am by bp920091 »
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 21, 2013, 06:06:35 pm »

The entrance redesign was done by me. Some things haven't been done yet though. I'd recommend walling off that southern section thing, turn it into a surface pasture and build some watchtowers over it.

I've tried to label the levers that I made, and those that I didn't make but was able to determine the use of. in the soil room with the staircase, regarding the levers not on the edge of the room: the left and right levers deal with the drawbridges to the left and right within the fortress island. The top and bottom levers deal with the retracting bridges.

QuiteFranklyMyMaN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 21, 2013, 08:06:22 pm »

how would I get stonesense working with this thing? is it included in the save file?

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 22, 2013, 01:04:42 am »

It's bundled with DFHack, check the thread in the modding forum for more info.

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 22, 2013, 03:14:50 am »

Still going over the notes, and trying to decipher how everything works here. Ill get an update tomorrow (Technically, later today).
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: March 22, 2013, 03:28:56 am »

I think the poll is decided.

Blood counts as red, so red it is. :P ;D

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 22, 2013, 07:05:27 pm »

The lever room left of the depot is mine. I labeled everything I think. I'm not sure if anything got changed but I know I labeled it.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 22, 2013, 11:42:18 pm »

I also do not see a shutoff switch for the magma deployment system.

Why would you want such a thing? It's magma.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 23, 2013, 10:03:19 am »

I also do not see a shutoff switch for the magma deployment system.

Why would you want such a thing? It's magma.

The lava control systems are in New Townbrush. Those levers are clearly labeled. The lever to the hatch over the pump intake is still to be connected up, as well as the lever to the gear assembly. There are two floodgates to each branch of the magma channel, and those controls are labeled.

Remember, magma aboveground is lava.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 23, 2013, 08:07:22 pm »

I left the tower stairways as up-down so that the towers could be more easily extended upwards, but they look pretty silly poking up as they do...

I'm no engineer and the military system makes even less sense to me than my current uni assignments, so I'm not going to be able to do much beyond "Push the button, Frank Urist!" in terms of the Deep Fat (Lava) Fryer (I can totally imagine Urist McDonald lining up a bunch of steel bins full of fatty biscuits to take advantage of the first test-run of the system) and/or seiges and/or FBs that aren't smashing through the fortress anyway... so if other people don't get around to it I'll just add to those towers when my turn comes up. Or build some more. You can never have enough towers. Still. Given it's another two years till my turn I'm not counting my towers before the foundations go down.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 100