Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Moltenchannel's council decisions

Our uniform shall be blood (red)
- 0 (0%)
Danger room training shall be forbidden.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 02, 2013, 10:22:42 am

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 100

Author Topic: Moltenchannels - The magma flows - FINAL TURN (Ardentdikes II)  (Read 386992 times)

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Boots and socks you say? What wizardry is this?!!

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello is there chance some MALE dorf can be named after me ? I do not want to take turn in this good story as because I consider myself noob but I would like to atleast annoy your eyes with my name.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile

Hello is there chance some MALE dorf can be named after me ? I do not want to take turn in this good story as because I consider myself noob but I would like to atleast annoy your eyes with my name.

We have plenty of dwarves. Please specify for the next player:

-Job
-Fortress born or migrant?
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thank you.

Job: any farmer or "inferior" job

Migrant

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thank you.

Migrant

You're in luck, we have a metric fuckton of farmers. Do you have a custom job title?

P.S. I'm not in control of the save. This is just for the next one who gets the save.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thank you.

Migrant

You're in luck, we have a metric fuckton of farmers. Do you have a custom job title?

P.S. I'm not in control of the save. This is just for the next one who gets the save.

Yeah peasant farmer.

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you would enjoy having some fresh blood in the mix, I'd like to sign up for a term.

Added. I've skipped back my turn so you get in sooner.
He stole an onion. Off with his head.
I wonder, what would they do if someone killed their king.
Inevitable, who cares. Now an onion...

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile

Save downloaded.

First Reaction:

Well, this place sure has changed.

There's no longer the random forest fires (at the moment) that somehow started on my turn. We appear to have quite a few undead outside the walls, and the jobs/military appear to be a mess.

We're also missing happiness generators!

Im seriously considering just sealing the fortress off, fixing everything from the ground up, and reopening the fort to just build a gigantic wall (5-10 levels tall) with a 3-4 level magma moat around the outside of the fort (think of it as a MASSIVE expansion of hte existing walls, leaving a 4 tile wide stretch around the fort).

Perhaps I can make it out glass.

Do we have any sand...
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Save downloaded.

First Reaction:

Well, this place sure has changed.

There's no longer the random forest fires (at the moment) that somehow started on my turn. We appear to have quite a few undead outside the walls, and the jobs/military appear to be a mess.

We're also missing happiness generators!

Im seriously considering just sealing the fortress off, fixing everything from the ground up, and reopening the fort to just build a gigantic wall (5-10 levels tall) with a 3-4 level magma moat around the outside of the fort (think of it as a MASSIVE expansion of hte existing walls, leaving a 4 tile wide stretch around the fort).

Perhaps I can make it out glass.

Do we have any sand...

The fort is sealed off, right? I think you should just seal off and build higher. Be aware that temperature and other things were off for FPS saving reasons.

Yes, we have sand, and clay if you can dig a tunnel to that part of the map and build a minecart track.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Our topside stuff could certainly do with an upgrade. If you make the walls 3 or more tiles thick (or have a thing stuck on top of them defying the laws of physics) you could also put a roofed walkway on the top with fortifications and walls providing cover so our marksdwarves and archers can shoot at anything outside (or inside, even) the fortress regardless of where it is. Combine it with revised towers for access and let it be sealed off....and in the worst case scenario we could lose the entire fort except the walls and still keep going for a while. Or vice versa.

(Edit3: Originally I said I might do wacky stuff if upgrades weren't finished. I'm retracting that so I can continue working on my "fantastic new character idea", whom all dwarves should fear.)

Keep in mind that future happiness generators should not, emphasis not, allow forgotten beasts into the fort or create massive pools of forgotten beast blood around the dining room.

And don't worry about the random forest fires. They'll be back, I assure you.

Edit: And in light of Wastedlabor's latest rename of the thread, if you make the gates a giant replica of the ones from Jurassic Park you will win a sock.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 04:17:10 am by Urist McKiwi »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Moltenchannels - Welcome to Forgotten Park - Overseers needed (Ardentdikes II)
« Reply #1000 on: December 17, 2013, 11:07:34 am »

There's certainly something to be said for building a new fortress on top of the old fortress, leaving a hidden undercity riddled with forgotten beasts, undead, and undead forgotten beasts, for future adventurers/captured kobolds/surplus vampires to explore.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moltenchannels - Welcome to Forgotten Park - Overseers needed (Ardentdikes II)
« Reply #1001 on: December 17, 2013, 08:44:51 pm »

There's certainly something to be said for building a new fortress on top of the old fortress, leaving a hidden undercity riddled with forgotten beasts, undead, and undead forgotten beasts, for future adventurers/captured kobolds/surplus vampires to explore.

And we'll have a much nicer view of the forest fires.

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: December 18, 2013, 02:17:14 am »

I'd definitely recommend not to expand the fort horizontally, so enemies have that space for battles outside the fort.
He stole an onion. Off with his head.
I wonder, what would they do if someone killed their king.
Inevitable, who cares. Now an onion...

Gigmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: December 18, 2013, 04:42:50 pm »

The problem is that, if we start building vertically, we have a lot of stuff in the depths we're going to need to haul upstairs, or risk having generations of haulers heading down into the depths only to spread about Forgotten Beast Snot Variety #25.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: December 18, 2013, 07:40:41 pm »

The problem is that, if we start building vertically, we have a lot of stuff in the depths we're going to need to haul upstairs, or risk having generations of haulers heading down into the depths only to spread about Forgotten Beast Snot Variety #25.

Ah, we're generally good on that front. The sources of the only known deadly extract are sealed in the old hospital and some little bit with walls around it. It causes the entire body to blister, then every single organ in the body fails at once.....but it's safely controlled for now. The bigger problem would be hauling..... and the fact that our faulty magma weapon is controlled by a lever close to the bottom of the fortress.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 100