Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Moltenchannel's council decisions

Our uniform shall be blood (red)
- 0 (0%)
Danger room training shall be forbidden.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 02, 2013, 10:22:42 am

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 100

Author Topic: Moltenchannels - The magma flows - FINAL TURN (Ardentdikes II)  (Read 386116 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
Re: Moltenchannels - Rising from the ashes (Ardentdikes II)
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2013, 10:13:17 pm »

Dear god. What was it called?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2013, 10:29:03 pm »

The spear is called Quakecats- and the eight year old that carved it saw fit to depict rat weed along its shaft.

Here is the save game: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7333

Advice:
Find out who the vampire is and throw them in the moat
Get ready for a siege- year four is a good time for them to come
Maybe start work on a keep or expand the towers- perhaps put in some wall-top fortifications?
Enjoy!

UristTheGrey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2013, 11:18:19 pm »

Sweet, siege time. Ill boot up the save tomorrow and start out with improvements on our defenses and military

Also, I got a pretty good idea what I wanna do with Moltenchannels' useless dwarves.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 01:22:02 am by UristTheGrey »

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2013, 04:14:58 am »

Holy carps, so many empty storage rooms.

The central staircase in Level 3 seems to have downstairs where it should have upstairs.  :-\

Erm...  :-[

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Urist McBadass has 10 family members in the fortress. She's the kind that gets upset if she's relieved from duty --I don't want to imagine what will happen if there's a deadly disaster and she loses the people she knows.
He stole an onion. Off with his head.
I wonder, what would they do if someone killed their king.
Inevitable, who cares. Now an onion...

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2013, 07:05:51 am »

Vampire, eh? Sounds like something to be hung in a cage between the towers.

And elected Mayor.

I wonder if Vampire nobles can mandate blood?

eharper256

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Nep-Nep Fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Detarame
« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2013, 06:34:34 pm »

Actually, that screencap above reminds me something I must ask, what are the deities/gods of the fortress, by and the by?

Anything as awesome as my old favourites, Loli and AC?
"If the world's a stage, and the people actors, then who the f**k has my script!?"
Community Fort "Lakebones"
My Games & Anime Blog, Detarame

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 23, 2013, 07:10:41 pm »

* Moldath: a male dwarf associated with wealth, jewels, minerals.
* Ilon: a female dwarf associated with fortresses.
* Id Silvergolds the Hollow Echo: a male cave spider associated with mountains, caverns, metals.
* Kodor Dawnedbury: a skeletal female dwarf associated with rebirth, death. She received the worship of two dwarf necromancers.
* Dimshas: a female dwarf associated with inspiration.
* èshgor: a male dwarf associated with deformity.
* Enten: a female dwarf associated with games, luck.
* Litast: a female dwarf associated with light.
* Ulthush: a female dwarf associated with lust, depravity.

And then, there's Okang Styledpoem, a female dwarf associated with beauty, art, children, youth, longevity:

I think she cursed twice a dwarf that was already a vampire on 110.  ???
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 07:20:15 pm by Wastedlabor »

☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼

• Bay Watcher
  • Hight Tentacle of the Eastern Marches
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 23, 2013, 07:35:37 pm »

Oh Armok, why...

Also... I love your style of writing. Seriously, you're a genius. And that scottish accent... It perfectly fits dwarves.

Looks like I have became the first not-insane insane dorf of this place... oh, wait, I'm just normal dorf. YOU are too human-like.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 07:57:13 pm by ☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼ »
Quote from: Necrisha
while I'm processing immigrants
Therefore, starve your metalsmiths for maximum gains.

UristTheGrey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 23, 2013, 11:17:59 pm »

Journal Entry of UristTheGrey, Overseer of Moltenchannels in the year 1084

1st of Granite

The dead kobold is still rotting in halls, the smell has gotten really strong. Just another day at this awful place, nobody ever bothers to do anything. I just wanna get out of here really, really bad. Ive been thinking alot lately, maybe I should just pack up and go home? Really, the only thing stopping me from leaving now is my poor excuse of a husband and my three ungrateful children. As much as I dislike the family Ive helped to create, daddy always told me to watch out for my own flesh and blood. I guess Im stuck here for the time being. Might as well make the most of it, right? Besides, I kinda like my ranking over the other dwarves in the militia. Though I wouldnt mind a bit more rule over the rest of the dwarves..now that I think about it, I hear the Overseer recently gave up duties...maybe I should throw my hat in the ring and try for next Overseer?

2nd of Granite

Well, its official. Im the new Overseer. The mayor neede a bit of persuasion involving his cat, but in the end, it all worked out for the better. Im looking around at this place right now and, wow, these dwarves have no sense of organization. Stockpiles in every corner and to make it worse, these dwarves arent doing jack. Theyve been ordered to do so many things, they say they dont know where to start. Thats no excuse. I dont like laziness and these dwarves are oozing with it. I think I can get them to work though. Ill let them decide what they wanna do, take a dip in our magma moat or contribute to this fort? I hope theyre smart with their decision.

10th of Granite

Food stocks are dropping fast. These dwarves need to stop eating so damn much. Well we do have a tamed emu. Ill call butcher, I think itll make a pretty good dinner for my family. The other dwarves might have to wait a few days to get some food, but at least they're gonna eat

23rd of Granite

Migrants have arrived. We can sure use some of the amazing skills they have. Just kidding, Ive never seen a more useless bunch in my entire life. This is awful, 22 fishery workers and cheese makers in the wave of migrants. There has to be something they can do..either way, this fort is really rising in population

11th of Slate

I saw Urist McBadass in a spar today. Really impressive. Maybe McBadass can help me with my duties? If I could get that dwarf to listen to me....

-----------------------------

Well thats my update today, really nothing too eventful but I expect to see a siege real soon. No sign of a vampire yet.

Also, are we still brutally murdering the elf merchants?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 11:49:47 pm by UristTheGrey »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2013, 05:41:13 am »

I think the consensus was that the mayor is a vampire and I actually successfully traded with the elves even after the bizarre hospital supply incident (the hospital is overstocked in cloth at least to a power of ten)- the humans went off in a huff after I bartered too much and the dwarves turned around when I closed the gates. You're of course free to set your own diplomatic program...

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 25, 2013, 07:51:21 am »

I think the consensus was that the mayor is a vampire and I actually successfully traded with the elves even after the bizarre hospital supply incident (the hospital is overstocked in cloth at least to a power of ten)- the humans went off in a huff after I bartered too much and the dwarves turned around when I closed the gates. You're of course free to set your own diplomatic program...

Wait, what makes you think the mayor is a vampire?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

UristTheGrey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2013, 12:02:42 pm »

Sorry about that 2 day hiatus, havent much time for DF but Ill try to finish up my turn soon

---------------------------------------

11th of Felsite

Food and drinks are at an all-time low. So is food consumption. I tried to get these dwarves to stop eating but nothing is working. Ive forbidden a nice barrel of food for myself later today, Im certainly looking forward to dinner. Ive butchered many of our animals to prevent starvation but if something doesnt happen, I fear theres a chance I might get hungry. Other than that, things have been really uneventful. There isnt much to do so I sent the miners to go dig some more. You can never stop digging some more.

17th of Felsite

The elves have arrived.

Moltenchannels hasnt been doing so good when it comes to trading, and we are really low on food..plus I really dont want blood on our trade depot. We've got no choice but to trade. I hear they brought a nice assortment of exotic animals, including a giant ocelot. That would look great on our front porch. I want it. Our animal trainer isnt the best so this might be our only chance to get a tamed exotic creature here. Im watching them as they walk towards they fortress, wow these elves are so slow...wait a minute..on the horizon..oh no, dont tell me..

GOBLINS?!

What could Moltenchannels possibly have that they want? I-I never thought about the possibility of goblins visiting our fortress..OH ARMOK WHAT SHOULD I DO!?

Urist McGuard: "Sir, goblins! What are your orders?"

UristTheGrey: "..."I knew I should of left when I had the chance. Curse this foul fortress..we dont stand a chance, I need to get out of here before they take my life!

Urist McGuard:"SIR!"

UristTheGrey: "...oh, uh..meet them head on! S-show them we arent afraid!

Urst McGuard: "But sir, we have a magma moat and drawbridge! We dont need to risk confrontation!"

UristTheGrey: "JUST DO IT!"

Urist McGuard: "Y-yes sir!"

Hes gone. Thank Armok..now I must go..

All this yelling and shouting. Im almost free. I wonder how the battle is going? *looks back* I can see the fight from here. I can see dwarves being cut down..Urist McBadass is there too. Looks like he became an Axe Lord, but hes surrounded. I know hes a big part of this fort, and if he is cut down the fort will fall with him..Damn! I need to go help! Oh Armok forgive me for what Ive done! If I die here then so be it, at least give me the strength to bring a few of those bastards with me!

Lets go

Hang in there McBadass..

I see a someone! He seems to be running away, his hand..its gone!

And he still bravely fights back! What a tough dwarf, he doesnt deserve to die like that! Im almost in range, I can help him!

----------------------------------

Sorry about the bad quality in pics, Im still a bit new at this
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 12:09:46 pm by UristTheGrey »

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2013, 12:40:52 pm »

Oh great. Now we'll see if McBadass lives up to her fame. :P

Is she even wearing full armor? In the save she only had a shield and a breastplate.

UristTheGrey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 26, 2013, 01:06:52 pm »

Theyre gonna get him, Ive only got one shot..Yes! Ive scared them off with a warning shot! It looks like theyre running in the other direction! Where has the dwarf run off to? He needs medical attention! I hope he knows his way back..now I need to help McBadass! She is single-handedly fending off the siege, what little help I can offer I must give. How will others remember me? As the worst overseer Moltenchannels will ever see? Or as the hero who saved Moltenchannels and its only saving grace, McBadass?

Wait, I think he did it! Hes destroyed the army! Now theyve all run off! We've done it! No..Hes done it!

Dwarf: "Praise be to Urist Mcbadass, Sealspines the Skewered Basis of Beards!"

What a fitting title for that dwarf..I must go and meet her..Hm? A scout is heading my way

Urist McLookout: "S-sir! UNDEAD! In the south! No sign of the necromancer, but we have multiple reports of corpses raising back to life! ..Ive seen the dead myself..I saw an undead dwarf murder a defenseless kitten..They're heading towards the fort! What do we do!?"

UristTheGrey: Undead? NOW!?"...Dwarf, head back to the Moltenchannels and call everyone inside."

Urist McLookout: "What about you, sir?"

UristTheGrey: "I need to warn the others! Wait for us to return before raising the drawbridges! Now hurry!"

UristTheGrey: "Enough celebration, undead to the south! We need to return back to the fortress! Hurry, they must be near the entrance by now!..

Come quickly!" Wait, I see something..near the drawbridge..what is that!?

"Dwarves...we must fight!"

McBadass is hurt! Shes out cold! The beast is slain but McBadass is unresponsive! Another Undead is on its way, stand your ground!
Theres too many! We need to retreat! Everyone across the bridge!

Sir, what about McBadass!?

We've got no choice, leave her..maybe they wont see her body..

---------------------------

Sorry to disappoint, but the zombie yak bull did a number on her..Shes wearing a breastplate and shield, but I was in the process of making more steel equipment before the siege came along
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 01:15:01 pm by UristTheGrey »

UristTheGrey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 26, 2013, 01:20:30 pm »

Im gonna take a little food break and Ill be back to finish my turn. Still a little bummed out about McBadass
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 01:22:55 pm by UristTheGrey »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 100